#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Lately i've been watching a lot of montages of Battlefield games, and the creativity and skill of some players never cease to amaze me! Including video editing skills 

The most mindblowing one comes from one of my least favorite BF games, Bad Company 2:  

How the music and the footage are in perfect seamless sync is truly out of this world. And what makes the video even more extraordinary is the editor's editing licks and touches, adding certain on-screens symbols that empower the footage or using really cool video transitions. 
If i wanted to comment on this video, i'd say that it shows the rather confusing fusion of good old crazy-action Battlefield elements (awesome usage of C4 placement, amazing mid-air kills, etc..), and this new streamlined shooter vibe that makes my stomach turn (all the quick scoping and one shot kills). 
If this unstable game can have such adrenaline-rushing action, I could only imagine what Battlefield 3 will give us! 

Post your favorite user-created video game montages. Don't post too many, and make sure to discuss what is being shown in the video.

--------------------------------- 
Youtube Spam:
While some might consider this youtube spam, It's video game related and it's fun to watch. If we can have threads where we post youtube videos of music without any commentary, i'm sure awesome video game montages won't be a problem. 

Whether it's youtube spam or not, let the moderators decide. Because  
@Sweep said: 

Squabbling over what constitutes spam for several pages is not valid. It leads to pointless arguments and misinformation. In future if you suspect something of being spam then flag it or send a PM to a mod. Don't try to take matters into your own hands

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35832 posts) -

I'd post a Minecraft/Studio Ghibli thing, but it was taken down for copyright reasons.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

bump

#4 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

The stunts that this guy can do with helicopters are amazing. I was blown away the first time I saw this.

#5 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: lol it looks like he's playing bulletstorm because of the colour.
#6 Edited by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

This was my brothers video, but I played this map/mod.... I was the most fun online experinece I've ever had in my entire life 
No skill, just madness & lolz at video editing. 
@Ahmad_Metallic@SlasherMan
 Watch the left on the kills. 

Explosion man cant touch this madness

#7 Edited by soapcell (24 posts) -

A COD4 frag movie, with some clever syncing between music and footage, and some custom 3D stuff as well.

#8 Posted by Irvandus (2777 posts) -
@soapcell said:

A COD4 frag movie, with some clever syncing between music and footage, and some custom 3D stuff as well.

What did I just watch!
#9 Posted by supermike6 (3530 posts) -

Fuck, I really want to play Bad Company 2 again now, even though I know I can't replicate that guy's craziness.

#10 Posted by mikeeegeee (1549 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic  

Goddamn, that Honor vid had some of the most intense editing I've seen in a video game montage. Really professionally done. Most of it only served to enhance the action and direct the viewer's attention to the important stuff. Still, at times it fell into a pitfall that I think a lot of montages suffer from: sometimes the editing becomes so bombastic that it detracts from what the players is doing. Minor gripe aside, incredible video with awesome music.
#11 Posted by Blommer4 (191 posts) -
@Irvandus said:
@soapcell said:

What did I just watch!
Holy shit! ... ... ... That video lasts 13 minutes and 37 seconds!
#12 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@soapcell said:

I just watched a scrub rely on auto-aim for far too long. Horrible music.

#13 Posted by Bollard (5203 posts) -
@Buzzkill: You sir, are a moron. That was on PC. He is a pro-gamer.

@soapcell said:

This is officially the best montage ever, the music is insane as well. So happy when I found this shortly after it came out. I can't find my actual previous favourite so have this bananas CoD4 snipertage:

#14 Posted by Three0neFive (2285 posts) -

I lost all my fragmovies a while ago, but this thread needs some real fps (aka quake)

#15 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: That is probably the most well made video (of videogames kills) I have ever seen; although I do agree, the quick-scoping or whatever it is called makes me sick.

#16 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

Best... montage... EVAR

#17 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

This is the correct answer tbh
#18 Posted by SirSuperior (106 posts) -

I haven't got in-depth knowledge of FIFA, all I know is that's fucking hard to do.
#19 Posted by coakroach (2486 posts) -
@Matoya: Tears of joy...
#20 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -

Unless someone has already posted this, I win. 

#21 Posted by allenibrahim (377 posts) -

I remember hearing Chris Remo mention this series on the Idle Thumbs podcast. Wonderfully edited GTA4 montage.