Post your favourite videogame cutscenes/dialog(spoilers ok)

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

I'll have to say the Deus Ex Morpheus scene.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

This is one of my favorite scenes in Killer7.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

Metal Gear Solid 2 codec conversations with Colonel:

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By destro

Im not going to bother to post the video but i loved the cutscenes from the God Of War series. Especially the cutscene at the end of the 2nd one...EPIC

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Final Fantasy X... all of it

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By galiant

Well, if you haven't played MGS4, don't watch this. The game is full of epic scenes, it was difficult to pick just one =P

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bullet_Jr
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"Final Fantasy X... all of it"
X was my second favorite FF game. It was pretty good, and I don't generally play RPGs.
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercator

Zelda: The Wind Waker - My favorite Zelda, beautiful style, beautiful music.

Super Metroid - Mother Brain battle.   The music at the 11 minute mark to theend is probably my favorite piece of videogame music.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK

GOLF CLUB SCENE.... would you kindly?

and from the same game

descending into rapture in the bathysphere for the first time
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo

Ending of Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Don't watch if you have not finished the game. Major spoilers.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By PureRok

I'd have to say the opera scene from FFVI.

Also, the scene where Cid dies and the subsequent suicide attempt.

Ah, and Rachel's revival.

You know what? I love Final Fantasy 6.
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Love threads like this, I can hang out in here all day. 

This isn't my absolute favorite.  Couldn't find a good version.  But this is in my top 10... easy.  Enjoy!

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I always thought the cutscene at the end of the tanker part of the game with Snake in MGS2 was pretty amazing. Really long, too, and kinda funny. THE LA-LI-LU-LE-LO?!?!

Gears of War 2 also has a cutscene I could probably add, involving Dom and his wife. I won't give any details, so don't worry about spoilers.

Anyway, those are the best ones I can think of off the top of my head.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By vidiot

While not my favorite scene of all time (I think that's already been posted here.), this scene with Jansen from Lost Odyssey is pretty high up there.  

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Discorsi

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ am I the only one who while their favorite jrpg is ff7 they didn't think that was so sad but rather moreso it was about her lifestream ties?  I say where he burns down the village and the part where cloud goes amnesiatic and his self realization were bigger moments.  The prior shows the evilness and the latter is pretty much the whole theme of the game, the definate climax (although there is another that strikes me and about a dozen smaller ones)

As for the topic.  Since I don't want to dig too deep in the past I post some form Lost Odyssey.  I cried on the first...and a couple other times in Lost Odyssey.  Im a fucking panzee. 

and this will mean nothing to you if you didnt play it.  you get the general idea but if you play it and read it just makes this so sad. 
The biggest mix of happiness and sadness you'll ever experience from a video game and why mistwalker has already earned their spot among the tops game developers (well blue dragon too...and the rest of LO)

While Lost Odyssey isn't my favorite jrpg i've ever played (although I like it), it's debatebly my favorite story.  If you absorb everything especially dealing with the subtle things like facial expressions and reactions as well as the obvious plot and shorts (while fully understanding it) you'll really love it.  Many simply won't however, it's a more complex story than it seems.  You could play through it while missing the whole point.  In short it's about an immortal man who suffers losses and there's an idea about death not being so bad but it's so much more than this.  If there was a game I'd nominate for the "games as art" award, it'd definately, no doubt in my mind, be this
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By breadfan

The ending scene of Metal Gear Solid 2

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vidiot
SmugDarkLoser said:
"^ am I the only one who while their favorite jrpg is ff7 they didn't think that was so sad but rather moreso it was about her lifestream ties?  I say where he burns down the village and the part where cloud goes amnesiatic and his self realization were bigger moments.  The prior shows the evilness and the latter is pretty much the whole theme of the game, the definate climax (although there is another that strikes me and about a dozen smaller ones)

As for the topic.  Since I don't want to dig too deep in the past I post some form Lost Odyssey.  I cried on the first...and a couple other times in Lost Odyssey.  Im a fucking panzee. 

and this will mean nothing to you if you didnt play it.  you get the general idea but if you play it and read it just makes this so sad. 
The biggest mix of happiness and sadness you'll ever experience from a video game and why mistwalker has already earned their spot among the tops game developers (well blue dragon too...and the rest of LO)"
This game is filled with memorable sequences. While I didn't cry like a panzee, I sure as hell teared up a bit during a few sequences. In fact now that I think about it: Lost Odyssey is one depressing game.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
vidiot said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"^ am I the only one who while their favorite jrpg is ff7 they didn't think that was so sad but rather moreso it was about her lifestream ties?  I say where he burns down the village and the part where cloud goes amnesiatic and his self realization were bigger moments.  The prior shows the evilness and the latter is pretty much the whole theme of the game, the definate climax (although there is another that strikes me and about a dozen smaller ones)

The biggest mix of happiness and sadness you'll ever experience from a video game and why mistwalker has already earned their spot among the tops game developers (well blue dragon too...and the rest of LO)"
This game is filled with memorable sequences. While I didn't cry like a panzee, I sure as hell teared up a bit during a few sequences. In fact now that I think about it: Lost Odyssey is one depressing game."

not really.  it's a game of emotions.  There's tons of happy and sad scenes within.
Take for example, hopefully you got to read this, but the story called "the ranking of the lives" where the man gets the pill to save himself because he's a gov worker but wants to save it for his kid instead only to give it to some useless blind kid (i believe?) on the street.  (kaim does give his pill to the man for his kid, but that's not where the point comes from).  Such an awesome theme in that.

And overall, the game is happy at the end.  Happiness comes best from sadness I find. 
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vidiot
SmugDarkLoser said:
"vidiot said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

This game is filled with memorable sequences. While I didn't cry like a panzee, I sure as hell teared up a bit during a few sequences. In fact now that I think about it: Lost Odyssey is one depressing game."

not really.  it's a game of emotions.  There's tons of happy and sad scenes within.
Take for example, hopefully you got to read this, but the story called "the ranking of the lives" where the man gets the pill to save himself because he's a gov worker but wants to save it for his kid instead only to give it to some useless blind kid (i believe?) on the street.  (kaim does give his pill to the man for his kid, but that's not where the point comes from).  Such an awesome theme in that.

And overall, the game is happy at the end.  Happiness comes best from sadness I find. "
Yeah I remember that story. I'm not complaining at all, I still consider Lost Odyssey to be one of the best experiences I had this year. I'm just saying when LO wants to make you feel sad, it sure as hell succeeds.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By BoG

It's only a piece, but it is undoubtedly one of the greatest scenes of all time. If you haven't played SotC, it breaks in there for gameplay, which was one of the most magnificent segments in any game, ever.

This one is so great. Everything leading up to the battle, and the the battle itself... it was masterfully crafted. I remember those first few scenes, I was filled with horror... Oh man. So awesome.

Finally, one of the many awesome scenes from ED. You could say that the entire Paul Luther scenario was brilliant, but the conclusion was just... perfect.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7