• 56 results
dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dadjumper

One of my favourite aspects of video game forums is the ubiquitous pickups thread. I only just realized that Giant Bomb doesn't have one, so I intend to start it.

I bought a Vita last month and only just today received my my first physical games for it: Persona 4: The Golden, Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Oboromuramasa (AKA Muramasa Rebirth) and Puyo Puyo Tetris (thanks to the recent QL)

No Caption Provided

I'm interested to see what the GB community buys!

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By discomposure

I love these kinds of threads too, I like being nosey & find it interesting how peoples tastes differ. Sorry for the dodgy quality but these are the most recent games I own, got them in december. That red box is Two Worlds 2 GOTY edition if you can't tell, got it for £20 new and imo its an awesome looking box (velvet cover with metal corners, made to look like a book - doesn't look as good here as I've got the plastic cover thingy on). Not sure where my pokemon omega ruby box went...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I couldn't guess whether this thread was about picking up chicks or guitar amplification from the title.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I couldn't guess whether this thread was about picking up chicks or guitar amplification from the title.

I thought it would be pickup lines.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@veektarius said:

I did as well. Teach me how to "sarge" chicks, Giant Bomb!

/s

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Grocery Haul: Giant Bomb Edition

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

@veektarius said:

I did as well. Teach me how to "sarge" chicks, Giant Bomb!

/s

I actually thought it was about pickup basketball and wondered how in the world members from a global site community would get together for some pickup basketball.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She says, "Hey."

So I says, "Hey? More like straw."

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mosespippy

@veektarius said:

I thought it was about trucks. Let me tell you about my Dodge Dakota Sport.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sinusoidal

I just got this:

No Caption Provided

It's surprisingly high quality for an off-brand, bluetooth controller for Android. The analog sticks and buttons are decent and the d-pad is actually fucking spectacular. No lag either, which was a major problem with my DS4 that I tried out before buying this. It's kind of huge and not very portable, but I also have massive hands and a 5.5" phone, so it works for me. I was a bit skeptical about the clip, but after playing a bunch of Metal Gear Solid in ePSXe (works perfectly, the buttons automatically mapped in the right places except L1 and R1 were switched with L2 and R2) in bed last night, it's like a very large Vita or PSP. I guess you can jam a tablet in there if you're insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Um, are we allowed to post digital games? I can take photos of my Steam and Gog accounts :|
But really, it's been a long time since I got a new physical game. Maybe I'll come back to this thread after I get Code Name: Steam.

Avatar image for thelastsamurai56
Thelastsamurai56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you a farmer? Cause you sure know how to raise a cock.

Oh... not those kind of pickups.

Windir2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Windir2112

Not video game related but I did just buy the Green Lantern by Geoff Johns omnibus. 1200 pages of comics is pretty sweet.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah, hey, people are posting in my thread now!

Non-video game related is cool. as @discomposure said, It's a cool nosey thing to see what people are into, regardless!

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

On beer advocate the have post your latest haul it's a cool thread

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Corevi

Got 999, haven't started it yet.

Non-videogame related I recently bought a fuckton of comic books. Every issue of Deadly Class, East of West, Saga, Sex Criminals, The Wicked + The Divine and Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, as well as the first 2 volumes of Y: The Last Man. All digital so can't take a picture. Highly recommend all of them even if you aren't into comics.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlykris said:

@sinusoidal: Are you the real Batman?

Ha! I never even noticed that until you mentioned. It's pretty blatant in retrospect.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigmess

@corevi: 999 and Y: The Last Man are fantastic. You should start 999 right now. I went through every ending, it was all worth it.

No Caption Provided

Also here's my latest pickups. Just got Puyo Puyo Tetris in the mail and it's really great. I also got a couple of indie card games while at PAX South: Karate Fight and Tentacle Bento. They're from the same developers and are full of pervy card images of anime girls. They're fun, too.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm getting a ps4 so maybe I'll post that

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

I'm mostly digital these days and it's no fun showing a Paypal receipt. I do still buy the occasional disc though, such as this which arrived yesterday.

No Caption Provided

Awful port, by the way. Doesn't display in 16:9, give proper button prompts or even have its serial redeem on Uplay. Slim pickins for PC snowboarding fans...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

Ratchet and Clank collection for my PS2 for $15 about a week ago!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#23  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

This is my latest haul (not a single purchase, but bought over the past few weeks):

Wizardry Summoner, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars/Terracide/Apache Longbow compilation, Jungle Strike, Lifeforce: Tenka, Commandos 2, Gunman Chronicles, F1 1993, Unreal Tournamnet 2003, Sid Meier's SimGolf, Zone of the Enders
Wizardry Summoner, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars/Terracide/Apache Longbow compilation, Jungle Strike, Lifeforce: Tenka, Commandos 2, Gunman Chronicles, F1 1993, Unreal Tournamnet 2003, Sid Meier's SimGolf, Zone of the Enders

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Justin258

I bought Renegade Ops recently. Unfortunately, there isn't a physical copy of that game commercially available.

I dunno, I like physical games a whole lot but I'm getting more detached from them thanks to Steam sales. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Wii U soon so I might have that, though I really don't think this thread will cross my mind if I buy one.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got 2 lego minifigures and they are both the fencing guy wtf lego

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

my thoughts went like this:
1. pickup lines
2. guitar pickups
3. pickup trucks
4. pickup sports (eg basketball)

Still not really sure what's going on here.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Cause, Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition and Final Fantasy XIII on Steam a few days ago.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I changed the title of the thread to avoid confusion. As much as I'd like to talk about guitar pickups.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I finally bought a Wii U a few weeks ago. It came with Mario 3d World and Nintendoland. I purchased Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Bros. Wii U (I actually beat this last one today) along with it. It's nice to be having a real blast with Nintendo games again.

SigmaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Guts ended up being the priciest thing in this picture. That's what I get for being late to buy figures, I guess.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are some things I got recently! The VHS' were a dollar each and I couldn't say no. Excuse the crappy quality!

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By maginnovision

puyo puyo tetris.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I bought a New 3DS a couple days ago. Gamestop didn't have a charger for it, so I ordered one from Nintendo. I've never owned a 3DS(or held one at all), so I'm looking forward to playing some stuff on it when I finally get to charge it. I've already got all the set up stuff done(it had a little charge in it when I opened it). I have Fire Emblem on the way from Gamefly, which I probably will be purchasing soon, too.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not, in fact, buy a Wii U.

I have not bought a game for myself since Mario Kart 7 a few weeks ago.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bluefish

I just bought this lamp yesterday.

No Caption Provided

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh Jeez lets see..

Over February :

• Transistor
  • Luftrausers
  • Majora's Mask 3D
  • New 3DS

Trying to finish Majora's Mask 3D, finished Transistor, absolutely love Luftrausers. I know for March already I have Final Fantasy Type-0 coming.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Finally cracked and bought an amiibo: Samus. Don't even have a use for it, but I figure it was better to just get it now and let it collect dust than to want it later and not be able to get my hands on it. Probably gonna pick up Toon Link and Zelda next. Would very much like Capt Falcon and Shiek, but I ain't payin a cent over retail price for the damn things.

getsomegoagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales from the Borderlands, Grow Home, Destiny (I know, don't look at me like that! A lot of friends are playing and I want in on the action), Metro Redux.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Corevi

I bought more comics. Every issue of Black Science, Phonogram and Low, a Marvel Unlimited subscription (which I've used to reread Annihilation) and the newest issues of everything else I'm reading.

Black Science and Low are both fantastic. Phonogram is very pretentious but I still liked it a lot, WicDiv is better though and deals with a lot of the same themes. Annihilation is the best superhero comic arc since Runaways.

EDIT: Just read Alex + Ada Volume 1 (got it in the Humble Image Bundle 2 which started this whole thing) and goddamnit it's real good. Will pick up Volume 2 when it comes out later this week.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a few things:

• New 3DS XL (these things are great!)
  • Majora's Mask
  • Persona Q
  • Tetris Battle Gaiden
  • SNES Game Genie (for playing Japanese games. I don't want to do anything permanent to my SNES so this was the easiest route)
  • Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball on Steam (amazing game)

Just gotta finish off Majora's Mask and then it will be full sails ahead on Persona Q. I've played 2 hours of Persona Q and really dig it.

Also, it can't be overstated how good the 3D on the New 3DS is. I went from being unable to use the 3D on the old 3DS because it gave me headaches to having it on all the time for some games. Super Mario 3D Land is amazing with 3D on.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bought a Vita with Persona 4 Golden. Mostly bought it to replace my PSP so my girlfriend can play Persona 3 Portable, but I also wanted to be able to play all those games I had downloaded for free from PSN+ stuff.

Have kinda been going on a Persona stint in general. I got Persona 4 Arena for Christmas, so I got P4AU followed by Persona Q. Mostly got PQ for the rest of the tarot cards, though, so really I bought a set of tarot cards.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Xenoverse! Having a lot of fun with the fighting. It's simplistic, but its funny, because that makes it that much more intense to try and be perfect because it's all about playing it just right. The tides can turn fast.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonball Z Xenoverse or whatever.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fisk0: Jungle Strike is sooooo good. What great box art too. :')

Latest purchases: Majoras Mask on 3DS, Alien Isolation & South Park Stick of Truth on 360. All three games from what I've played so far are frickin awesome!

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlueFalcon

New 3DS, RE Revelations 2, Home World Remastered CE, Elite Dnagerous, Oculus Rift DK2, a Lexus IS350, and a giant house.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers