Posting of the New FF13 Trailer + discussion

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

You know, it seems like with every game there's always a debate about one version looking better than the other.  When they played FF13 on stage at the MS conference (something that wasn't suppose to be in development strangely until it shipped in japan) we learned something--- the games look exactly the same graphically.  So umm...can we just cut the crap with these things now.

Anyway, I think it sort of got overshadowed by the FF14 trailer, despite being a mmo. 
I think it's safe to say we care more about 13 than 14 as a whole. 

Not trying to say that FF14 will be crap, I'm sure it'll be fine, but come on--> core FF versus mmo final fantasy. Hmm... easy choice. 
Seems like it could potentially be an early 2010 release considering they already have it running on both consoles and the english voice acting seems to already be in process of translation.

Is that a world map I see?

And imo, they should just rename Versus 13   FFXV
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By TobyD81

It's possible Versus 13 will be my FF14, just as FFX-2 was my FF11. FF MMO games may appeal to some, but they're not my thing.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Guardian

I don't understand a thing going on in that trailer (story wise). I kind of wish they made it come across better. But I have to admit, I'm looking forward to FFXIV more. I like MMOs, and prefer the older fantasy look to it. 

FFXIII still looks good, and we'll probably see more tomorrow(?) and the SE conference. 
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

I think with what they have learned with FF11, and the fact that its numbers are going down, that they could make a new and better MMO. Final Fantasy is a perfect setting.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

As a side note, does anyone buy into that fact that FFXIV is actually an exclusive?  THe sketchy wording itself threw it off.
I'm expecting at square tomorrow that they say it'll be timed or something.  I hoping they announce Kingdom Hearts 3 as well for the 360 & Ps3.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Guardian
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" As a side note, does anyone buy into that fact that FFXIV is actually an exclusive?  THe sketchy wording itself threw it off.I'm expecting at square tomorrow that they say it'll be timed or something.  I hoping they announce Kingdom Hearts 3 as well for the 360 & Ps3. "
Yes FFXIV is exclusive and until we hear otherwise I hope you don't bring it up every week. Also, I would bet KH3 will be at TGS. 
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By chililili
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" As a side note, does anyone buy into that fact that FFXIV is actually an exclusive?  THe sketchy wording itself threw it off.I'm expecting at square tomorrow that they say it'll be timed or something.  I hoping they announce Kingdom Hearts 3 as well for the 360 & Ps3. "
Yes FFXIV is exclusive and until we hear otherwise I hope you don't bring it up every week. Also, I would bet KH3 will be at TGS. 
"
You hope smug won't bring it up? You wish! I am reserving my comment on which game is better graphically, until you knwo there is a damn game we could go all the way to 2011 and have no FFXIII with the way square does things.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@chililili said:
"
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
You hope smug won't bring it up? You wish! I am reserving my comment on which game is better graphically, until you knwo there is a damn game we could go all the way to 2011 and have no FFXIII with the way square does things."
Nah.  We'll get both in 2010.  FF13 early to mid 2010 and FF14 late 2010. 

Graphically for FF13, the ps3 beats the 360 version out of the water!  Don't you see that extra polygon!
But seriously speaking, FF14 was the neatest feeling I've got from an announcement.  Don't really care for the game myself as its online, but at originally thought they were announced FF14, a FF9 like game, and were announcing it before 13 came out.  I was like "wha?"
Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guardian
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@chililili said:
"
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
You hope smug won't bring it up? You wish! I am reserving my comment on which game is better graphically, until you knwo there is a damn game we could go all the way to 2011 and have no FFXIII with the way square does things."
Nah.  We'll get both in 2010.  FF13 early to mid 2010 and FF14 late 2010.  Graphically for FF13, the ps3 beats the 360 version out of the water!  Don't you see that extra polygon! "
Just like you keep saying you'll get MGS4 over and over and over again.... get really tiring, dude. 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@chililili said:
"
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
Nah.  We'll get both in 2010.  FF13 early to mid 2010 and FF14 late 2010.  Graphically for FF13, the ps3 beats the 360 version out of the water!  Don't you see that extra polygon! "
Just like you keep saying you'll get MGS4 over and over and over again.... get really tiring, dude. 
"
MGS5 is going to come out for it, lulz.
But seriously speaking, it's because, well, Final Fantasy 13 is coming to the 360.