• 59 results
#1 Edited by AngryConfusedRabbit (22 posts) -

I wanted to see what games people are looking forward to which are coming out in the second half of 2014 before e3 kicks off. Based off the games we know are coming out in 2014, what are you anticipating? Make sure the games you list seem like they are actually coming out in 2014! For example Quantum Break is heavily rumored to be coming out in 2015 versus 2014, so I decided against considering it for my list. My Top 8 most anticipated are below in order. I included a little reasoning on why I put what games where, feel free to do so also.

1) Batman Arkham Knight - Last Batman Arkham game by Rocksteady, Batmobile, next gen only, going out with a bang

2) Dragon Age Inquisition - Huge fan of Origins, Dragon Age 2/Mass Effect 3 had mixed feedback, hopefully time for Bioware's comeback, rpgs ftw, dragons ftw also

3) Assassins Creed Unity - First next gen only Assassins Creed game, love the intriguing story of past games, looking forward to seeing what they do to possibly innovate

4) Destiny- It's Bungie, big scope, huge budget of a rumored 500 mil ( that's alot *cough* ), interesting premise, huge new ip

5) Sunset Overdrive- Time for Insomniac's comeback after stuff like Fuse, Insomniac seems to really love this ip, taking what they do best and combining it in one game, art style is great

6) Far Cry 4- Far Cry 3 was surprisingly good and am interested on seeing where they take the series after the success of it, guy on box art seems awesome, Himalayas is a potentially great setting to explore, elephants and mountains!

7) The Order 1866 - Very awesome and impressive look to the game, very intriguing premise and setting. Big Potential

8) Evolve - Looks very fun and i love the hunt aspect of the game from what i've seen/read, first game released by Turtlerock since L4D in 2008. Next gen exclusive also. Could definently see it getting a huge following similar to L4D

*Haven't caught up with The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us episodes, so I didn't consider either series for my list.

*Since games like Watch Dogs and Mario Kart 8 are coming out in only a couple of days, I'd rather keep it excluded from the lists.

What are your most anticipated games?

#2 Edited by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

Them PS4 games

• The Order: 1886 - I'm pretty excited about this game from the announcement trailer but they have to show something interesting already. The videos they've shown so far didn't show much of anything. I want to see a 5 minute demo or something.
  • Evolve - Game so far looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I want to see a full match on a new map with a mix of the 8 hunters they've shown and a new monster.
  • Assassin's Creed Unity - I'm not excited for a new AC after AC3 (I have yet to play AC4, will do soon) but I want to see what they can do with AC on PS4. Also interested in the main character. People speculate it's a female assassin and that'd be really interesting. Also, AC Liberation never happened.
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - Arkham City was awesome and then Origins was just more Batman but not as good. I want to see what they can do with Batman on PS4 that'll sell me on the game. I'll play it regardless but when I play it is a question Rocksteady has to answer.
  • Far Cry 4 - Don't really have anything to say. More FC is awesome.

I also want to see Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Both look great from what we've seen and I'd get an X1 for those two titles.

#3 Posted by Supa_Kappa (50 posts) -

I can't think of a single game I'm excited for that hasn't been pushed back to 2015. This E3's going to be a weird one.

Everything coming out this year just seems like more of what we've seen previously. I'm not that excited for Destiny, it looks like Borderlands with a bit of Bungie's special touch and I was never a big fan of the way Borderlands played.

I would be excited for Sunset Overdrive but I don't think I'll be buying an Xbox One any time soon. I'd rather upgrade my PC.

Dragon Age Inquisition might be good but Dragon Age 2 was incredibly disappointing so I'm trying to not get too hyped for it.

I feel like a jaded asshole writing this, but I'm already more excited for next year's E3 than this year's.

#4 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5026 posts) -
  1. Minecraft Xbox One Edition

That's pretty much it. Quantum Break will probably be a 2015 title unless a E3 announcement saying other wise hits. No Halo anything confirmed yet but those would probably be on the list. (Halo 2 Anniversary or/and Halo 1-4 on Xbox One would be Day 1)

im like at such a video game dry spell right now.

#5 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

Halo 2 Anniversary, AC V, Dragon Age Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive. I'm hoping for Perfect Dark, or Banjo Threeie, though.

#6 Posted by mrfluke (5152 posts) -

you folks already pretty much nailed it, but ill be that guy and add Call of duty Advanced Warfare,

#7 Posted by Flappy (2244 posts) -

Just Dragon Age: Inquisition.

#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5681 posts) -

I'm interested in The Evil Within, The Sims 4, Dragon Age 3, and The Witness. Though I don't think any of them are really safe bets.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24771 posts) -
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Samurai Warriors 4
  • Persona Q/Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Monolith's X (No release date set for any year yet, but a man can dream.)
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (North American release)
#10 Posted by noboners (83 posts) -

I'll be the guy to say smash bros. Although with the recent discussion of NFC being involved, my hype train has slowed.

The Witness looks great though and my excitement for Dragon Age will probably be all based on how it looks combat-wise at E3.

#11 Posted by misquared (34 posts) -

DRAGON AGE INQUISITION

It's kind of literally becoming a problem in my life, I keep playing DA:O and DA2 over and over again in anticipation.

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -
  1. The Witness
  2. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  3. Alien: Isolation
  4. Beyond Earth
  5. Routine
#13 Posted by Savage (326 posts) -

The games I'm most interested in happen to all be Kickstarter games:

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Wasteland 2
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Dreamfall Chapters
  • Dead State

Beyond that I'm mildly interested in Far Cry 4, Dragon Age 3, Bayonetta 2, and Evil Within.

#14 Posted by Abendlaender (2804 posts) -

I look at this list and they are all great games but none of them interest me and that's sad. Cause there are quite a few sequels to games I realy loved. I dunno why, but I can't get excited about Batman, AC or Far Cry. Even new stuff like The Order doesn't excited me. I dunno, it just seems like the same stuff I've been playing but in new clothing.

Really, the only games I'm looking forward to at this point are Dragon Age (mildly optimistic about that one), Wasteland 2 and Civ: Beyond Earth.

#15 Posted by kishinfoulux (2303 posts) -

I honestly don't even know what's coming later this year other then Destiny, Shadows of Mordor and Dragon Age (that's still this year right?). Not a lot that interests me personally and I don't suspect E3 will change that.

#16 Posted by GunstarRed (5179 posts) -

If I had an Xbone I'd be saying Sunset Overdrive. Out of all the next gen-now gen games I think it's the coolest game anyone has shown yet.

For consoles I own though, Bayonetta 2 is pretty high on my list.

#17 Posted by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

Alien: Isolation and The Witness... that's pretty much it.

#18 Edited by jclane (337 posts) -

Hoping for a full Project Beast unveiling.

#19 Edited by UlquioKani (1057 posts) -

Dragon Age is my most anticipated. Apparently a new Mass Effect is going to be revealed there but that's just a rumor. That new Assassin's Creed game does look cool. I'm hoping they do a better job of optimizing the PC version this time. Far Cry and Batman I'm looking forward to but I have a good idea about what those games are going to be like. I'd love to be excited for Bayonetta 2 but my lack of a Wii U has put a bullet in that. Same for Smash Bros.

Secret Hopes - They announce a Prince Of Persia 2008 Sequel. Darksiders 3, Vanquish 2, New MK, A Wonder Woman game, Portal 3, Bad Company 3, Tomb Raider 2, New Deus Ex, DmC 2, Dishonored 2, Red Dead 3, Saint's Row V and Tales Of Vesperia 2. Most of these are highly unlikely to even exist and the plausible ones are not going to be released this year.

#20 Posted by Shortbreadtom (778 posts) -

Destiny, Evolve, Arkham Knight, The Order 1866, The Witness, Far Cry 4... I'm excited about way more games than I usually am.

#21 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -
  • Super Smash Bros. (probably only going to afford the WiiU version)
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
  • X

These are the only ones I'm interested in enough to think that if they were to come out this year, I would buy them. Most other games I need to hear more about to actually get. Surprisingly, all of them happen to be on Nintendo Consoles.

#22 Posted by AndrewB (7613 posts) -

I haven't been keeping up with what's been in the pipeline, so all I really know is Dragon Age: Inquisition. Assuming it doesn't get horribly delayed into next year (I'd be fine with them doing that if it was needed though).

Also Half-Life 3. Glad they finally nailed down a solid release date for that one. "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman" indeed.

No interest in a Far Cry 4 because I'm barely an hour into 3.

After looking at some of the other lists here, Kickstarter backed projects of mine will finally start rolling out, and Wasteland 2 has the backing of the right developers to give me little reason to think it will turn out poorly. Pillars of Eternity is more of an enigma only because Obsidian has all the right people but still has managed to put out some flawed games. That's also assuming the game ships this year.

#23 Posted by AngryConfusedRabbit (22 posts) -

Welp, today it was announced The Order 1886 won't come out this year, so there goes one game that was on my 2014 most anticipated game list that's not coming this year anymore.:/

#24 Posted by datarez (552 posts) -
  • Dragon Age
  • Destiny
  • Diablo 3 - PS4

Actually if they delay Dragon Age, I'd be ok with that. The last one was so rushed I want them to super take their time. I have a big enough backlog that I'm ok if these are the only big PS4 titles I get for the rest of the year.

#25 Edited by CorruptedEvil (3265 posts) -
  1. Persona 5
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5
  4. Kamen Rider Battride War 2
  5. The Last Guardian?
#26 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5485 posts) -

All I need is some Destiny and Arkham knight and I'll be good for the rest of the year.

I feel like a jaded asshole writing this, but I'm already more excited for next year's E3 than this year's.

Huh, funny. That's what we all said this time last year.

Anyways, hopefully the next gen ball starts to roll next E3. At the very least we might get some logos and short trailers of cool stuff this year.

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -

Reading this thread has made me realize I'm either not excited for, or would be but I don't have either of the two consoles for, the games coming out later in the year.

Just give me more info on No Man's Sky.

#28 Posted by AngryConfusedRabbit (22 posts) -

And now Batman Arkham Knight is delayed, which was my most anticipated game. If Dragon Age got delayed also, it would really put a damper on the rest of the year in terms of video games for me personally. There are still games to be excited about that are releasing this year ( and probably games coming this year that we don't even know about *cough, E3* ), and I'm really glad developers are taking there time, but it does sucks.

#29 Edited by pyrodactyl (2029 posts) -

@angryconfusedrabbit: you should ad Shadow of Mordor to your list. The new gameplay systems they showed in their trailers and gameplay videos look ambitious as fuck and it could be amazing if they pull it off. Even Jeff was intrigued by what he saw at the pre-show.

#30 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5026 posts) -

1. Minecraft Xbox One Edition

That's pretty much it. Quantum Break will probably be a 2015 title unless a E3 announcement saying other wise hits. No Halo anything confirmed yet but those would probably be on the list. (Halo 2 Anniversary or/and Halo 1-4 on Xbox One would be Day 1)

im like at such a video game dry spell right now.

1. Forza Horizon 2
  2. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

Quantum Break 2014 Dreams Dashed. Now need to wait for E3 for Halo related game to be announced for 2014.

#31 Posted by pyrodactyl (2029 posts) -

1. Persona 5
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5
  4. Kamen Rider Battride War 2
  5. The Last Guardian?
  1. coming out next year
  2. coming out next year
  3. coming out next year
#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@datarez: Well I mean the last game they released was ME3 in early 2012 right? So,considering they were in planning stages even as ME3 wrapped up they've got a solid 2+ years going here. I'm pretty confident. More so than I am in Destiny at least.

#33 Posted by CorruptedEvil (3265 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: Winter 2014, in business terms it comes out this year.

#34 Posted by AngryConfusedRabbit (22 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: I've seen alot of stuff on the game, and most of it has actually been pretty positive, but I'm being pretty optimistic on this one. It's one of the games in which reviews will play a big factor on whether I pick it up or not.

#35 Edited by AngryConfusedRabbit (22 posts) -

@corruptedevil: Persona 5 comes out this year in Japan only. North America is 2015

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#37 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

I'm interested in seeing Battlefield:Hardline.

#38 Posted by Stackboy (503 posts) -

Destiny, The Crew, Forza Horizon 2, Nuclear Throne (I want the full release, don't buy into early access games), Binding of Issac: Rebirth, Sunset Overdrive, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Maybe the new EA NHL game?

Should be an action packed end of year!! Sad that Arkham Knight got pushed to 2015, but the above list will no doubt keep me going.

#39 Posted by Nodima (1202 posts) -

I hate to be my own cliche but NBA 2K15. I haven't been properly blown away by a 2K game since 2K11 but I feel like if they take to heart the issues the community had with how they handled VC/microtransactions on the PS4 version of 2K14, fix the MyGM glitches/put regular Association back in for folks that don't want to deal with all that and tighten up the slight randomness of the animations they'll be in PS2 form in terms of just knocking their simulation of a sport out of the park.

I also can't deny that most of my excitement for this year is still bundled up in a cupboard waiting for confirmation or denial of the remastered GTA V this fall.

#40 Posted by crithon (3215 posts) -

I'm really surprised with some early preview events like Sunset Overdrive, that would have made the best on stage presentation.

I have a feeling Square-Enix is going to have Edios Monteral present a game or a big surprise trailer instead of their Japanese departments.

#41 Posted by Farkas (37 posts) -

PERSONA 5 THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER

#42 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5485 posts) -
#43 Posted by darkmoney52 (49 posts) -

The only game I'm sure I'll get is Far Cry 4, the third one was just too damn fun. I'm kind of hopeful in Dragon Age, but it's been a while since I've gotten into a Bioware game.

#44 Posted by RioStarwind (545 posts) -

I'm really bad at planning my gaming purchases until they are almost out. I will say I've been super interested in Destiny since it was announced. Hyrule Warriors has also been on my watch list after they showed it off some more in the latest Famitsu. Guilty Gear Xrd will most likely be my first fighting game for ps4 this fall too. Plus a assortment of other games that have already been mentioned in this thread.

#45 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Smash Bros. And some other games I guess? I need a calendar.

Persona 5 is early 2015. I'll be all over that like bacon on pancakes. But I'm pretty much set until then.

#46 Posted by Kidavenger (3548 posts) -

Kind of hoping Triad Wars will come out this year, Seems like they would have had enough time with it that it should be close to done. Defense Grid 2, Eternity and Massive Chalice are all up there too.

If Gearbox gets Homeworld out this year...

#47 Posted by Pr1mus (3907 posts) -

Civilization: Beyond Earth.

That's it and i'll be set for the next 5 years.

#48 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5026 posts) -
#49 Edited by Stonyman65 (2704 posts) -

I'm really interested in seeing Wasteland 2, assuming it is going to be at E3. Far Cry 4 of course.... What else is there? Most of the big stuff got pushed back to 2015 or doesn't have a date yet.

#50 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@bigjeffrey:

Finally, an excuse to use this awesome GIF.