• 104 results
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

people were posting about devil may cry in the worst games topic and no matter how much you hate black haired dante that game is not going to be the worst game of the year.

y'alls be crazy.

anyway, this is the topic for DMC (which of course stands for Dismal Maddening Cbadgamethatheldalotofpromise)

and other games that you predict will be disappointing.

I predict it'll be bioshock infinite. I feel the hype train got overblown enough that it'll never live up to all it's hype. It literally can't. (I mean not for me but I don't know what'll be most disappointing for me)

so here, the whining about BAD GAMES THAT COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER thread :)

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

This is the first DMC I have a glimmer of interest in. I liked Enslaved quite a bit (despite its stupid fucking ending).

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Animasta

@McGhee said:

This is the first DMC I have a glimmer of interest in. I liked Enslaved quite a bit (despite its stupid fucking ending).

yeah well, you know how irrational fans can get

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

This thread is already winner, spending more time complaining about DMC complainers than the topic at hand.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McGhee

@Hailinel said:

This thread is already winner, spending more time complaining about DMC complainers than the topic at hand.

So you are complaining about the complaining of the complaining?

My head hurts . . .

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Animasta

I didn't even say DMC, and I'm just making fun no need to be all uptight about it maaaaaaaaaaaan

(I mean if I'm going to be honest my most disappointing game will probably be East Vs. West but I will be the only person that says this)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

I didn't even say DMC

@Animasta said:

anyway, this is the topic for DMC.

I'll just leave that there. :P

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel: darn it you got your wish

now say DMC so we can all get on with our lives

(you made me think at 12:45 am you are a jerk)

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hippie_genocide

It won't be Bioshock Infinite, I can tell you that much. I don't know what you mean by "hype train". They've released a couple trailers and a commercial, but other than that Irrational keeps info to a minimum. Are they not supposed to market their game? Not like they're doing a cross promotion with Doritos, or Mountain Dew...

I really don't want this to be true, but I have a feeling its going to be GTA V. GTA IV was a big letdown for me, but with a new title comes new optimism. I desperately want Rockstar to reclaim the glory days of the PS2 era GTA's, but I fear its just going to be IV all over again with multiple characters, which will probably mean much less freedom.

sparkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By sparkul

Grand Theft Auto V? What's going on?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Animasta

@Hippie_Genocide: I mean it's like, they already have the hype that built when bioshock got released. and they have all these cool ideas and concepts and I feel like people on the internet have gotten onto that "it's either going to be super fantastic or going to be shit" phase that is oh so popular. and I feel like there's such a high expectation already that it can't live up to what a lot of internet dwellers want it to be

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Zekhariah

@Hippie_Genocide said:

It won't be Bioshock Infinite, I can tell you that much. I don't know what you mean by "hype train". They've released a couple trailers and a commercial, but other than that Irrational keeps info to a minimum. Are they not supposed to market their game? Not like they're doing a cross promotion with Doritos, or Mountain Dew...

I really don't want this to be true, but I have a feeling its going to be GTA V. GTA IV was a big letdown for me, but with a new title comes new optimism. I desperately want Rockstar to reclaim the glory days of the PS2 era GTA's, but I fear its just going to be IV all over again with multiple characters, which will probably mean much less freedom.

Some of the general interest gaming podcasts (not Bombcast so much), have been hyping bioshock infinite as the most amazing and socially insightful game to ever be produced. There was some early showing event and a ton of them were drunk on the inclusion of some kind of serious subject matter being depicted in the initial lead up (specifically, the racial stuff). So I can kind of see where you could be disappointing with Bioshock, especially if the inclusions end up feeling as one off "give me an oscar I'm really really sincere" type moments.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hippie_genocide

@Zekhariah: Well I'm not gonna lay such lofty expectations at the feet of Bioshock Infinite based of what some journos said on a podcast.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By rjayb89

Maybe Watch Dogs, I guess.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'm gonna say Bioshock Infinite will be disappointing, at least for me. The first game came at me so hard out of left field that I really don't see how Irrational could top it. I've got some mighty high expectations now.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@rjayb89 said:

Maybe Watch Dogs, I guess.

I forgot about that but yeah I can totally see that being disappointing too.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

As much as I love Bioshock 1, I have to say Bioshock Infinite; the game has been hyped for years at this point, which is something that, unfortunately, will cause the game to invariably be met with disappointment.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Jimbo

Man, fuck Watch Dogs. What a let down that will be perhaps.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By obcdexter

Dead Space 3 is a contender, at least.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Benny

It's the last of Us surely? I feel if that game sucks the hype it's gotten means it'll fall further than even bioshock infinite.

For the record I hope the game is fantastic, it's just the one that seems to be the most anticipated of the lot.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Clonedzero

im gonna say bioshock infinite.

the amount of disgusting hype around that is ridiculous. i mean it looks alright, but everyones holding it up as the second coming of christ or something its crazy. the huge amount of hype around it is so big that its impossible for for the game to realistically meet expectations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Charming, we have now "worst" and "most disappointing". 

Why not go all the way and use half-sized glasses and pretend full glasses are half-empty by default? This is entirely the wrong mindset when it comes to fun and games, I think.

Grasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grasu

Bioshock Infinite

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Bioshock Infinite because of hype. Tomb Raider because I don't fucking know, I just wanted to say a game nobody else has said.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By BisonHero  Online

@Hippie_Genocide said:

I really don't want this to be true, but I have a feeling its going to be GTA V.

I could see that becoming true, if only because people have such lofty expectations of it. And the reality is that since GTA 4, the efforts of other devs in the sandbox genre have really increased, between Saints Row: The Third and Sleeping Dogs. Granted, the uninformed masses have never heard of those games and GTA 5 would sell stupidly well even if it was literally the exact same as GTA 4 but in L.A.

But yeah, as far as the opinions of reviewers and people like us, I could totally see GTA 5 being something of a disappointment. Even GTA 4 got pretty high marks for doing basically nothing new aside from take itself way too seriously, and adding in a bunch of dating sim bullshit for Niko to do. And was the GPS new? OK, I guess it added that.

@Hippie_Genocide said:

I desperately want Rockstar to reclaim the glory days of the PS2 era GTA's, but I fear its just going to be IV all over again with multiple characters, which will probably mean much less freedom.

Though on the other hand, I don't think you have to worry about it being GTA 4 all over again. It seems like Rockstar listened to the feedback about what people didn't like about Niko and the kinda lame side activities you had to do as him. The three protagonists at least seem like they joke around a lot more.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@BisonHero: Actually the GPS mechanic was introduced in the first Saints Row, as was the whole cellphone feature. OK, you had a cellphone in Vice City, but it wasn't until the first Saints Row that allowed you to manually call up people and businesses and stuff.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CptBedlam

GTA V or Bioshock Infinite

Both will probably be really good games but won't be what many people expect and thus be called the worst games ever made

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By TobbRobb

New Dante design sucks ass. But I'm still gonna play and enjoy the hell out of that game. Gameplay first is that series fucking MO.

I refuse to get disappointed by games. So hopefully nothing. Unless they fuck up Dark Souls 2, then I might just cry myself to the endless sleep.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Scottish_Sin

Tomb Raider. There was quite a bit of buzz around that when they first showed it off but everything they've been showing and announcing since then (MP with team deathmatch and the like) is starting to set off those alarm bells.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#30  Edited By alistercat

@atomic_dumpling said:

Charming, we have now "worst" and "most disappointing". Why not go all the way and use half-sized glasses and pretend full glasses are half-empty by default? This is entirely the wrong mindset when it comes to fun and games, I think.
Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Winternet

Every game.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By redbliss

I want to say Dead Space 3, but I have no idea how much the crew is looking forward to that game and I really dont know how the single player is going to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people are saying that DMC is going to be shit and it turns out to be shit it can't be the most disappointing game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BisonHero  Online

@Yummylee said:

@BisonHero: Actually the GPS mechanic was introduced in the first Saints Row, as was the whole cellphone feature. OK, you had a cellphone in Vice City, but it wasn't until the first Saints Row that allowed you to manually call up people and businesses and stuff.

Fair enough. Really couldn't remember what game did that first. So what did GTA 4 do, aside from having markedly better graphics than San Andreas, and change a bunch of GTA's systems to be less fantastical (i.e. the army doesn't come after you)?

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shortbreadtom

It's impossible to guess the most disappointing game, because if you do guess that it's going to be disappointing, you can't be disappointed. Because it was expected to be lower than your expectations, hence showing your expectations are low.

My head hurts.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#36  Edited By StarvingGamer

Tomb Raider? Only because they've been talking up Laura's growth from inexperienced young woman to guns-akimbo badass like it's a major plot point (and the sole reason I've been interested in the game in the first place), and now I'm hearing murmurs that all of that occurs in the first 30 minutes of the game or something.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#37  Edited By Yummylee

@BisonHero said:

@Yummylee said:

Fair enough. Really couldn't remember what game did that first. So what did GTA 4 do, aside from having markedly better graphics than San Andreas, and change a bunch of GTA's systems to be less fantastical (i.e. the army doesn't come after you)?

It was all about the story and the attention to detail across Liberty City. I should preface this by saying that I actually really like GTAIV (isn't my favourite of the lot, but I completed it like 4 times, including the DLC stories), but I can still understand the dissonance people felt between the character of Niko and the story.

Regardless of the issues people had, though, I think GTA 'maturing' as it were while still delivering a lot of the top notch voice acting and (video game) writing is what endeared so many people, even if upon further scrutiny Niko is sort of a hypocrite. The whole ''I need more muuuneee'' when I've just robbed a Bank and have $250,000 to spend--though nothing to spend it on--was one of the most prevalent screw ups I think. Even still, while it was also unfortunate that there wasn't all that much to do in the city, simply driving around at night time was pretty awesome, and I'm also in the camp who loved GTAIV's driving and would consider it to easily be the best open-world driving around. Plus the city itself was just so grand and was draped in so much atmosphere. One of my most fondest memories in GTAIV is sitting in the back of a taxi at night time just watching the city go by in FP view while Goodbye Horses is playing.

Also, euphoria physics.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Branthog

Rambo: The Video Game

HarkinNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By HarkinNecro

I really hope it's not going to be Watch Dogs but I can see it being so. The hype at E3 2012 was huge and it looks full of promise. We will see at this year's E3 how it holds up and whether it's just a meh shooter.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By DeF

@McGhee said:

Co-sign (except I liked the ending of Enslaved). I love Ninja Theory's work!

I'd like to throw Beyond: Two Souls into the ring. People are gonna be mad when they realize it's all Canadian actors speaking English with thick accents again to cover up the plot holes and forced "mature" storytelling. I liked Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit, by the way.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AlexW00d

@Animasta said:

(I mean if I'm going to be honest my most disappointing game will probably be East Vs. West but I will be the only person that says this)

I really hope East Vs. West isn't disappointing 'cause it's one of 4 games I am actually looking forward to this year.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By triviaman09

Tomb Raider? Are expectations high enough for that to be disappointing? South Park RPG?

Irrational, Naughty Dog, and Rockstar just don't release bad games. The only way Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, or GTA V won't lie up to expectations is if you want a different game out of them. For example, some people seem to want GTA to go back to being stupid. Those people probably aren't going to be satisfied by GTA V.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hwy_61

I'm gonna say Watch Dogs. It'll be plagued with technical issues (framerate, etc), and somehow, ubisoft will fuck it up by making the beginning a very slow burn. I think its gonna get a 4 star review, but it'll win the 2013 most disappointing, just like Ass Creed 3 did.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DizzyMedal

Is Bioware putting anything out this year? That could be in the running.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WickedFather

Aliens: Colonial Marines. I know a load of people who carped on about that game and whined when it got delayed. The hour of gameplay I watched the other day looked really boring.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By grilledcheez

I'm not going to speculate, and I'm definitely not betting against Levine and Bioshock Infinite...just let the games come and pick your disappointing ones after the fact.

Avatar image for 1m4d34g4m3w1thz0mb13s
1m4d34g4m3w1thz0mb13s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Benny said:

It's the last of Us surely? I feel if that game sucks the hype it's gotten means it'll fall further than even bioshock infinite. For the record I hope the game is fantastic, it's just the one that seems to be the most anticipated of the lot.

What hype?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@BeachThunder said:

As much as I love Bioshock 1, I have to say Bioshock Infinite; the game has been hyped for years at this point, which is something that, unfortunately, will cause the game to invariably be met with disappointment.

nope, that game will be the most amazing FPS ever!!!

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Addfwyn

As somebody said, I can't really say what I think the most disappointing will be, otherwise I would be expecting it to be bad (and thus wouldn't be disappointed).

Which hyped game would I personally think is the worst? Probably GTAV, since I haven't been able to ever stand a single GTA game before. That's not disappointed though, because I have no personal expectation for it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Animasta

@AlexW00d said:

@Animasta said:

I really hope East Vs. West isn't disappointing 'cause it's one of 4 games I am actually looking forward to this year.

they're adding more provinces than were in HOI3, which was already a way too high amount.

I've heard it's just them making places like South America and Australia parable with Europe but it definitely made me worried