Premium Members FAQ

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By murisan

Will there be a separate chat/forum section for Giant Bomb apart from GameSpot/GameFAQs' forums?

Dear god please say yes.

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By GunsAreDrawn

Sounds like that guy might have been right on the last announcement post, Whiskey might have been having money troubles.

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Sign

@Meatsim said:

My Whiskey Media membership is paid up to September 2013 so I am curious if those GameSpot Total Access codes cover up until then.

That is what I want to know also.

BLKZOMBIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By BLKZOMBIE
@csl316 Fully fucking agree.
efriman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By efriman

Some clarification would be good. Is the Giant Bombcast over? Is the Giant Bomb brand going to remain? It's great to see how excited you guys are but the fact that I payed for a membership is not my biggest concern. I just want to know what's going to happen with the site and the content.

Hoshnasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Hoshnasi

I pay for my membership for the year... How am I affected? I'm hoping to avoid receivership of a rod up the bum..

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Animasta said:

@BrockNRolla said:

If premium users no longer want pay for this new site and they have a year subscription, will they have any recourse?

you already paid whiskey money though? it's not like they're taking your 50 dollars and using it on gamespot or anything... They've probably already spent your money, which is why this had to happen

Didn't I buy a year long membership to Whiskey Media though? If that is no more, then what am I getting for the rest of my subscription time? I never agreed that a GameSpot Premium membership would be an adequate replacement.

I get that the money has probably been spent, but if you pay for something, and that isn't being delivered any longer, or at least not in the form you understood when you paid for it, should't there be some type of recourse?

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a big fan of Giant Bomb, and it's just really really hard to see this as a good thing. It doesn't exactly seem like sound business to own 2 sites dedicated to video games. What seems to make most sense is that Giant Bomb will remain itself for a short time, while Gamespot people and ideals are slowly integrated into Giant Bomb. After a while what will probably happen is the larger entity, Gamespot, will absorb Giant Bomb, and Giant Bomb will be dead. The transition hopefully being smoother with all that Gamespot slow introduction stuff.

I really really hope I'm wrong.

supalink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#159  Edited By supalink

Friends at Gamespot? lol.

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#160  Edited By Poki3

So everything wiki related isn't going anywhere even after a site redesign a few month down the line, right? This will still be the biggest video game database?

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By renmckormack

Thanks Dave. and congrats to you guys personally, wherever this thing goes. It was fun watching GB grow-up from WordPress blog to bigass website.

kylekrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#162  Edited By kylekrane

If you guys tell me that GB will maintain its integrity and you all will continue to have jobs then I have no reason to doubt you. Congratulations, I look forward to enjoying GB for years to come :)

nelson1tom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By nelson1tom

what does this change about how the people at GB talk about game stop? no honest reviews? :/

Owlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Owlhead

I've been visiting this site for over a year and i dont plan on leaving. Gamespot or no gamespot

SquigHerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By SquigHerd

From what I can see, this is gonna be like what happened to gamefaqs. Largely, gamefaqs stayed the same as far as content and what goes on, but from what I can tell, the forums went completely haywire when they were merged, and not for the better. If someone from GB can say with 100% truth that no one with a gamespot account can go on giant bomb forums, and no one with a giant bomb account can go on gamespot forums, then believe what they say, the site, chances are, will remain the same in terms of community and content. Otherwise, I'd be worried.

holybins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By holybins

@Tennmuerti said:

Will the GB team still be free to keep talking dirty, swear, and say whatever the fuck they want? And will we be able to continue to do the same on the forums?

I'm wondering this too. With such emphasis being put on "Giantbomb will remain a separate site!", I'm thinking that the swearing and all-around craziness will continue.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By Jeffsekai

@Sweep said:

I'm still confused. If, hypothetically, I have no interest in Gamespot or whateverthefuckotherwebsites you are merging with then can I continue to use Giant Bomb as I am currently doing or am I fucked? Is content now going to be distributed via those other sites? Do I ever NEED to get involved in those other sites to continue using Giant Bomb as I am currently doing, in terms of forums/content?

I have never had a Gamespot account and, to be honest, I don't particularly want to make one.

This is what worries me. At some point is the Saint Row the 4th going to be a QL over at Gamespot or something, and not on Giantbomb.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By bunnymud

@murisan said:

@Kurtdyoung: Dude, read. "Giant Bomb will continue to operate as its own unique site."

This, from experience in the business world, doesn't last too long. The higher-ups will eventually want to put their fingers into the pot and stir it up as they see fit.

I hope I am proven wrong.

Raviyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Raviyn

I'm not sure about this, but it makes me alittle sad.... hope it works out well

GinjaAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By GinjaAssassin

Don't worry, you can still have my CC info.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#171  Edited By Delphic

Well this put some of my concerns to rest.

fistfullofcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#172  Edited By fistfullofcats

I think you can bet on the fact that the guys that were responsible for Jeff's termination are gone (and/or currently eating boatloads of crow), or he and all the people that supported him and started Giant Bomb wouldn't have gone back. If anything, he gets to walk in there a conquering hero. And hey, he deserves that.

metascension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By metascension

Was super nervous about this news when I first heard it. GB is my favorite website, and Whiskey Media my favorite source of entertainment in general. However, I trust you guys to maintain your integrity and personality, and your enthusiasm is very encouraging. Congratulations and stay awesome!

ludorverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ludorverr
No Caption Provided
squirrelwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By squirrelwizard

I really don't care about my membership. I paid for a year only to support you guys. If I don't get the rest of the year or something else happens I honestly don't care. It's money spent. A donation if you will.

What I'm really concerned about is gamespot. I don't know if they're corrupt etc. and I don't care. I stopped visiting their website for the same reason I don't watch bad movies. I don't want to support shitty things.

GeedAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By GeedAwesome

@murisan said:

@Kurtdyoung: Dude, read. "Giant Bomb will continue to operate as its own unique site."

I keep hearing this but I've seen too many mergers not go the way as promised. I'm paid through October but I doubt I'll re-up after that. CBS/Gamespot doesn't need (or probably want) my support. Looks more and more like a sell out which honestly, I don't begrudge Jeff & the guys. Take the money if it's worth it. You just gotta balance the integrity with it. Even if it was done with the best of intents, it looks really bad to a lot of people.

superscatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By superscatman

Watch this http://www.justin.tv/giantbomb/b/311753835

It's the pancake dinner. Website will stay the same. same forums. still swearing. It's addressed in the link.

whylessness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By whylessness

How do you cancel auto-renew? Is auto-renew of subscription default on?

bricewgilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 25

#179  Edited By bricewgilbert

Some of you people are fucking insane. You love Giantbomb and the people behind it for years and then they become owned by a company that owns a site you don't like and you proclaim shit like "Now I'm forced to abandon GiantBomb, a site I love, or support gamespot/CBS." Do you hear yourselves? Cry me a fucking river.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Gonmog

Yay! One of my worries was where you, Dave, was going to end up! :-)

absolutmauser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By absolutmauser

I'm looking forward to when Jeff gets fired again and starts another awesome new site!

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By AMyggen

I'll continue to support GB, of course I will. I absolutely love this site, and it's the site (together with The AV Club, I guess) I visit the most during the day. I'm so glad that both Dave and Drew followed them over to the new location, because let's face it, both are big parts of the GB crew.

I'll miss Norm and Will. I'll also miss Coonce. But as long as GB stays the same and don't get overtaken by the suits, I'm all for this.

And if it fails, if CBS fucks them over. Well, then they can just go and create another site!

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#183  Edited By LegalBagel

@Seraphim84 said:

Everything's scheduled to change on Tax Day? How convenient!

I wonder if that means I can no longer count my membership as an unreimbursed medical expense.

MrWiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By MrWiggles

@bricewgilbert said:

Some of you people are fucking insane. You love Giantbomb and the people behind it for years and then they become owned by a company that owns a site you don't like and you proclaim shit like "Now I'm forced to abandon GiantBomb, a site I love, or support gamespot/CBS." Do you hear yourselves? Cry me a fucking river.

Too right, all these kiddies saying its the end of giantbomb are pathetic. I hope they don't come back, this is the purging of the morons.

Thuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Thuggish

@efriman: They should have linked in the recorded video of the live announcement, to answer some of these questions (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/exciting-news-from-your-friends-at-giant-bomb/4035/).

TL;DR: The Giantbomb brand isn't going away, nor is the Bombcast (it's still on Tuesdays). It boils down to Giantbomb moving offices, joining forces with some other folks and receiving better/more funding.

Auswin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Auswin

I wish you guys all the best, even though I'm frankly scared shitless on the same day we're watching 1UP get dismantled from the left over shell IGN created, I'm sure they too were promised a land of milk and honey when they were bought.

I do have a major resentment over the timing of this announcement. Whiskey made a huge push right before Christmas to get new subscribers and this finally prompted me to pony up the money (which I wanted to do anyway) and I convinced friends to buy subs.

Ryan said today you guys had been sitting on this news since December, which I kind of take exception to the fact you made a huge push for subs knowing the concept would by null and void in 4 months.

Best of luck, and I'll keep visiting here every day. I just don't like how this was handled.

squirrelwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By squirrelwizard

@bricewgilbert: I am crying

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Am I to believe my membership is invalid past April 15th and I have to pay to continue being a member even though I paid for a subscription up until sometime in the Fall? Surely not, right? That's kind of how I interpreted that...

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By vortextk

Ugh does everything end up on gamefaqs? The info is great but man that place is kind of a shit...hole. But I'm just talking about the overall forums, not the site itself.

A little scary? Yeah a bit. Honestly if the whole damn site was like dave coding, vinny and drew recording, and the other guys talking all in jeff's garage I think I'd be cool with it, but people have ambitions.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#190  Edited By DjCmeP

Do I get re-billed in June if I don't cancel my subscription?

I'm not cancelling it right now..I'll see what happens with the new site but I just want to know. Do I get a notification to my email about it?

Aufaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Aufaber

Followed Jeff and Ryan from Gamespot and it worked out great, i'm sure this will work out too. Glad you're staying independent, change is fun and exciting!

bigchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#193  Edited By bigchief

Honestly, this didn't really address any of my concerns. I still have no fucking clue what's going on with yearly subscribers. I game you guys money, I want to know what's going on with it.

Aphex636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Aphex636

inb4 the bombcast is completely changed and censored to hell.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By dvorak

@Vortextk said:

Ugh does everything end up on gamefaqs? The info is great but man that place is kind of a shit...hole. But I'm just talking about the overall forums, not the site itself. A little scary? Yeah a bit. Honestly if the whole damn site was like dave coding, vinny and drew recording, and the other guys talking all in jeff's garage I think I'd be cool with it, but people have ambitions.

It's really failed ambitions that led them to where they were going though. Whiskey was failing and they did what they had to do.

Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Vash108

@xobballox said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Am I to believe my membership is invalid past April 15th and I have to pay to continue being a member even though I paid for a subscription up until sometime in the Fall? Surely not, right? That's kind of how I interpreted that...

This is what I want to know

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#197  Edited By mrsmiley

You've had my support since (literally) the very beginning, and you will continue to have my support. I'll be there at 4pm for the big reveal! :)

SupberUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By SupberUber

"Those members that do stick around past April 15th will immediately receive GameSpot Total Access" Are you serious? You want to throw that on the table to users who, I imagine, saw GiantBomb as a safe spot on the internet? I love you guys, but, fuck you! I'll stay as long as you guys continue as usual, but that offer wasn't the smartest one to make at this point

MikeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By MikeS

@bricewgilbert said:

Exactly.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By prestonhedges

@Auswin said:

I wish you guys all the best, even though I'm frankly scared shitless on the same day we're watching 1UP get dismantled from the left over shell IGN created, I'm sure they too were promised a land of milk and honey when they were bought. I do have a major resentment over the timing of this announcement. Whiskey made a huge push right before Christmas to get new subscribers and this finally prompted me to pony up the money (which I wanted to do anyway) and I convinced friends to buy subs. Ryan said today you guys had been sitting on this news since December, which I kind of take exception to the fact you made a huge push for subs knowing the concept would by null and void in 4 months. Best of luck, and I'll keep visiting here every day. I just don't like how this was handled.

Wow, that's true, isn't it?

I guess nothing stops these guys from begging for money.