• 132 results
#101 Posted by raidingkvatch (1208 posts) -

Progressive, HD. I like my video in the highest quality I can get it. Streaming can be problematic for me as my internet has a tendency to cut out unexpectedly.

#102 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1415 posts) -

Sometimes I'll download videos to throw on a device so I can watch a bit before I sleep (bombin' in bed) but usually I just use Progressive HD. If I have a game open or for whatever reason need my CPU for something I'll use HTML5, since flash destroys my cpu a lot more than html5 does.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
#103 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4569 posts) -

Youtube, there Video Player is garbage and it sucks tha you have to pay to get access to watch a embeded Youtube video.

#104 Posted by McLargepants (438 posts) -

I download, my internet can decide to be super slow sometimes, and streaming can be annoying, so unless I'm around when it's live I'll download and watch later!

#105 Posted by johnaze (78 posts) -

I usually download the HD version if the video is shorter than an hour. I always have issues with going streaming/progressive on videos longer than an 1 hour.

#106 Posted by pepperzz (166 posts) -

HTML5 HD, and it is glorious :D

#107 Posted by abrasion (392 posts) -

Does anyone know how I can download the premium videos? (if at all?)

I don't want to rip the site off or anything, I'm a paying member, I just sometimes get internet issues - it'd be nice to have a local copy of the videos I want for later on viewing (also as an Australian our internet quotas work different here, I've got a 48 hour window here to use 60gb of downloads, otherwise it "goes to waste) - I'd rather get my videos in "this months "allocation than eat into next months.

I normally use jdownloader for this kind of thing?

#108 Posted by Fattony12000 (8200 posts) -

HTML5 HD, fullscreen.

#109 Edited by Fattony12000 (8200 posts) -
@abrasion said:

I don't want to rip the site off or anything, I'm a paying member, I just sometimes get internet issues - it'd be nice to have a local copy of the videos I want for later on viewing (also as an Australian our internet quotas work different here, I've got a 48 hour window here to use 60gb of downloads, otherwise it "goes to waste) - I'd rather get my videos in "this months "allocation than eat into next months.

Try hitting the Download button, you might have to right click and hit save link as on the popup.

www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-fridays-06-06-2014/2300-8970/

#110 Posted by TheBrainninja (329 posts) -

@abrasion: It might not work well for your specific internet situation, but I use Juice to download videos from the Premium RSS as it supports authenticated feeds. Since it sounds like you can't just leave it on all the time, it might make more sense to just do them one at a time in the manner Fattony described. Also, I don't know how long videos stay in the RSS.

#111 Edited by Bane (678 posts) -

Progressive, HD, Fill Browser. Fill browser is the greatest thing Giant Bomb's engineering team has ever done. It should become the new standard for video players across the web and whoever came up with it deserves a raise.

Take YouTube for example. Their "large" player is a joke, and full screen is out since I'm usually multi-tasking, so I have to zoom in to 250% to approximate fill browser.

"Large". Pfft.

#112 Posted by h0lgr (962 posts) -
@bane said:

Progressive, HD, Fill Browser. Fill browser is the greatest thing Giant Bomb's engineering team has ever done. It should become the new standard for video players across the web and whoever came up with it deserves a raise.

Take YouTube for example. Their "large" player is a joke, and full screen is out since I'm usually multi-tasking, so I have to zoom in to 250% to approximate fill browser.

"Large". Pfft.

Where's the Fill Browser option?

#113 Posted by sub_o (955 posts) -

Downloaded on my iTunes, high quality.

#114 Edited by hustlerlt (364 posts) -

YouTube only. The GB player sucks for me. It starts to lag for absolutely no reason, stops loading and all that other crap. I'd just rather watch it on YouTube in HD instead.

#115 Posted by Bane (678 posts) -

@h0lgr: Fill browser is an option if you hover over the full screen button. It's there in Chrome, not sure if other browsers are different.

#116 Posted by mtcantor (983 posts) -

As big and as sharp as they'll give it to me.

Unless I am doing something at the same time, in which case just default windowed in the background or on my second screen.

#117 Posted by h0lgr (962 posts) -

@bane said:

@h0lgr: Fill browser is an option if you hover over the full screen button. It's there in Chrome, not sure if other browsers are different.

Thanks, you made my day 10 times better! xD

#118 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3912 posts) -

I subscribe to the video rss feeds on my iPad, so I can download them and watch them on my train ride to and from work. I don't ever really watch them any other way now.

#119 Edited by wallee321 (217 posts) -

Forgive me for asking, but is their any way to watch the video content free or premium from directly either the Xbox One or PS4?

Sometimes laying on the couch beats the computer chair, especially for the longer stuff.

#120 Edited by Conductus (5 posts) -

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet, but YouTube only runs at 30fps. The others run at 60fps.

EDIT: Wow just saw the dates. durrr

#121 Posted by FLStyle (6205 posts) -

I remember this thread!

#122 Posted by Bane (678 posts) -

@h0lgr: You're welcome!

@wallee321: You can watch all the free content from the YouTube app on Xbox. You could also try using the Internet Explorer app to sign in to GB directly for the premium content. If you have a smartphone or tablet don't forget about the SmartGlass app. It can make text entry and menu navigation quite a bit easier.

#123 Posted by abrasion (392 posts) -

@abrasion said:

Try hitting the Download button, you might have to right click and hit save link as on the popup.

www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-fridays-06-06-2014/2300-8970/

Wow, how long has there been a download button? I feel kinda dumb.

#124 Posted by JoelHulsey (88 posts) -

I usually download them and put them on my Ipad. My wireless signal isn't the greatest in my bedroom as it is on the opposite side of the house in my den. So I'll put 3-5 videos on the Ipad and watch them over a few days and then put a few more on. Also do this with Leo Laporte's stuff.

#125 Edited by EthanielRain (1187 posts) -

Fullscreen on my TV through PS4 browser.

#126 Posted by Skillsne (20 posts) -

Progressive auto. I can quickly jump around, having the video play instantly, and the quality ramps up when it has played for a few seconds.

#127 Posted by Fattony12000 (8200 posts) -

@abrasion said:

Wow, how long has there been a download button? I feel kinda dumb.

I wanna say it's been on there for several years. lol

#128 Posted by Tobyus (114 posts) -

I download them all :)

#129 Posted by Nightriff (7020 posts) -

Download to watch and if its a classic, I keep it in iTunes

#130 Edited by StriderNo9 (1300 posts) -

HTML5 and HD.

#131 Posted by pinner458 (1227 posts) -

When I click download on a video it offers me qualities

Mobile

Med

High

HD

But clicking on any of them just opens the video in a new page, taking up more of the screen but not all of it. I would love to have the option to download videos and watch them in VLC, especially the bigger ones.

#132 Edited by jgf (404 posts) -

50:50 between browser and ipad app. Mostly HD. Only on my laptop I turn it down a notch, because it sounds like a starting jumbojet with max CPU on HD. For the same reason I download stuff I *need* to view in HD on my laptop and watch in in vlc.