Premium Members: Resubscribe or Unsubscribe?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#301  Edited By Karl_Boss

The Rise and Fall of Giant Bomb

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#302  Edited By megalowho

Going to let my sub run out until they get their house in order regarding scheduled premium content. Will gladly sign back up when/if that time comes, at the very least on a monthly basis.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#303  Edited By Giantstalker

Not enough PC content, and too much attention is lavished on totally forgettable downloadable games (XBLA, PSN, etc.)

I'm on the fence but right now I'm just letting the sub run out in the near future. I like the guys but I dunno what I'm paying for anymore.

PAX might change things but seems unlikely.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#304  Edited By RazielCuts

It still is very much the 'these guys are cool so yeah I'll kick them some money' situation for me, but the 'premium' content has been a lacklaster/non existant for a while now (was the olympic run really needed? felt like Ryan wanted to do it so he did it, whether people wanted it or not) but whatevs, not too bothered at the mo, subbed till 2013 so yeah.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By poisonmonkey

Yeah, its nearly that time of year, I am on the fence myself as well, I am going to wait for PAX and if there are any difficult questions asked about premium membership and see how they answer it before making any decisions either way.

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Won't resub once my subscription ends, instead I might pick up a month here and there to check out all of the premium content. As others have stated, the glory days were the few months before the buyout where I really felt like I was getting my money's worth. Then the buyout happened, content got slacking, we were promised bigger and crazier things but there hasn't been a single new feature to actually make good on that promise, TNTs got trimmed, ILM is hackneyed, premium content lost random pc game AND load our last save (2 of the best features this site had) and all of that for the same price even though the subscription now spans 1 site instead of 5.

Like I said, I'll still support them because I do like the work they're putting out, and no site does it as good as Giant Bomb but god damn it's a shame to see where the site is now compared to where it was at the beginning of the year  :(

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Deathshroud

I purchased one for myself and a friend last year and really enjoy having it. its a nice benefit when I am working crazy hours and cannot see events live etc.

Sadly though Because I cannot afford it I might have it let it laps and not resub for a bit. My birthday is this Saturday and besides computer parts that I am saving for and fam/friends "might" be getting me. I am hoping to ask for another year of the membership but I am not holding my breath.

I really want to say a member but life needs take priority.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#308  Edited By Slag

@WJist said:

I don't understand the hate out there for anything that's not "indie" and has become "corporate, man." Isn't that a part of growing up? You're indie and a starving artist until you can afford to have someone else pay your rent and put food on your table. And really, isn't that what we all do when we get jobs? So we afford nice things like subscribe to a video game website and not have to deal with crappy ads?

No.

Some people are "indie" their whole lives,in fact that's the way most of America used to be. Being indie is not be irresponsible, it's actually having greater responsibility. Because you are on your own, you only eat what you kill essentially and be your own person. Your are your own boss and your own safety net. It means being different and having your own opinions and pursuing your own ideals. Reaping the success off your efforts and suffering the consequences of you failures.

in other words exercising your freedom.

If the definition of being an adult in America now is being a conformist Corporate wage slave, this country is worse off than I thought.

In GB's case there is a definite perceived difference in the nature of the content an independent can produce vs a corporate owned interest. The general perception is that corporate stuff is usually sanitized and standardized to varying degrees. Some people don't like that and given the way GB was founded I'd say most people here probably feel that way. In truth some companies are really good about letting their talent do what they do best and some aren't. It remains to be seen how it will be here.

In the Whiskey Days it felt like the guys basically had 100% editorial control. I don't know if they do now. Until they demonstrate that they do in terms of volume and quality, people who liked the free wheeling entertainment are going to understandably feel nervous.

p,s, you can man make a good living without "selling out", it's not easy and not for everybody but definitely doable. I don't fault the guys for selling, I'm just worried about them.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By PillClinton

Jar Time still happens pretty regularly, and I like that enough, so I'll keep my sub, but probably move to monthly. I'm just not sure about handing them 50 bucks on a loose promise of good premium content anymore. And that sucks. I never thought I'd say that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#310  Edited By Humanity

@Slag: Being an adult is recognizing that there are other options than being either a conformist Corporate wage slave or a free independent entrepreneur. You can work for a company and not be a mindless drone and like what you do and not be forced to live in a studio with 5 other people in a trendy part of Brooklyn to maintain your artistic integrity because owning a house is like selling out to the big corporate dream.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#311  Edited By WickedCobra03

@MAN_FLANNEL said:

The site took a big dump. The guys (especially Brad) complain and groan like they are working 12 hour construction shifts. Alex, Brad, and Jeff are the only ones who seem to do reviews anymore. I hope things pick up this holiday with all the big releases and whatnot.

Yeah, as bad as it sounds, everyone seems like they have lost a little heart for this place. Sure, that initial honeymoon period is over with the crew, and I totally get that, but it just seems like they are not as interested anymore. And I totally understand how much work it takes to write/record/shoot and produce all of this content, but I just feel as though them getting bought out has pushed them further down that corporate safeness hole.

I felt things might get bad when they held the bombcast for ransom. I was going to subscribe anyway, but after they pulled that stunt saying that they were going to break it up, and put the 2nd part behind a paywall if they wouldn't get enough subscribers, I almost just left this site completely. And it was not because I was against paying, I would have just given them a few bucks as a donation, but it was kind of a gross move, especially by Jeff, which is a guy who I have held in super high regard for years.

I still like Thursday Night Throwdown, and its nice to have it archived because Thursdays over the past year or so have been especially busy, but some more content would be nice.

And I will throw another $5-er in there to keep any kind of cross-contamination from happening with Gamespot.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By thatdutchguy

@Sooty: Why ?

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#313  Edited By bchampnd

@Giantstalker said:

Not enough PC content, and too much attention is lavished on totally forgettable downloadable games (XBLA, PSN, etc.)

I'm on the fence but right now I'm just letting the sub run out in the near future. I like the guys but I dunno what I'm paying for anymore.

A lot of attention is given to downloadable titles because AAA titles tend to get released in just a few windows throughout the year leaving the rest of the year pretty barren. The summer months are particularly bad most of the time.

While I recognize that most sites want to be breaking news and covering the newest titles, I feel like the dead months present great opportunities for a site like this to go back to some of the games that may have been lost in the shuffle during the busy months or even just older games that they feel like playing again to create some features like an extra Quick Look of a game or partial playthrough where they don't have to worry about spoiling too much since most people have already played the game at that point. Not calling for an Endurance Run but maybe playthrough with commentary of a shorter, single-player or coop game. Bust out an old school beat-em up for the SNES or Genesis and truck through it in a few hours.

My subscription's not up for awhile so I'm not really in decision mode yet about whether I'll keep it going.

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#314  Edited By DeadPan

@bchampnd said:

@Giantstalker said:

A lot of attention is given to downloadable titles because AAA titles tend to get released in just a few windows throughout the year leaving the rest of the year pretty barren. The summer months are particularly bad most of the time.

While I recognize that most sites want to be breaking news and covering the newest titles, I feel like the dead months present great opportunities for a site like this to go back to some of the games that may have been lost in the shuffle during the busy months or even just older games that they feel like playing again to create some features like an extra Quick Look of a game or partial playthrough where they don't have to worry about spoiling too much since most people have already played the game at that point. Not calling for an Endurance Run but maybe playthrough with commentary of a shorter, single-player or coop game. Bust out an old school beat-em up for the SNES or Genesis and truck through it in a few hours.

My subscription's not up for awhile so I'm not really in decision mode yet about whether I'll keep it going.

Pretty much how i feel

Again, i love it when the guys are on form cause they are excellent. But what i don't like is there stubbornness when people bring up valid points about content.

I'm hoping someone has the balls to bring up the lack of content at the panel, im sure they will be an incredibly unpopular person, but it needs to be said to them to there face, because they won't listen to people here.

Pax should be hella fun though!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#315  Edited By wrighteous86

@DeadPan said:

I'm hoping someone has the balls to bring up the lack of content at the panel, im sure they will be an incredibly unpopular person, but it needs to be said to them to there face, because they won't listen to people here.

Just because they're not talking, doesn't mean they're not listening.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By rolanthas

I'd really like to have an engaging Q&A regarding the non existent content since the everlasting move, but I'm not holding my breath. Any duder that'll make the effort to get to the panel probably won't be the type to complain about these. And even if there'll be someone with hard hitting questions, peer pressure would probably make them think thrice.

Hell, even in the safe zone of GB forums there are peeps that literally sh.t themselves anytime anyone brings up the lacking pace / quality of content.

Back to the thread, I'll let my sub run out. If there comes a time where there's worthwhile backlog of premium content, I'll think about looking out for a sale.

phil87z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By phil87z

My sub ran out a month back and I decided not to renew. I still love the site and the Bombcast still remains my favorite podcast of the week, but money is really right now. I initial joined out of support for a site I believed in and if i was in a better financial place i would totally re-up. Unfortunately, times are tough.

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#318  Edited By DeadPan

@rolanthas said:

I'd really like to have an engaging Q&A regarding the non existent content since the everlasting move, but I'm not holding my breath. Any duder that'll make the effort to get to the panel probably won't be the type to complain about these. And even if there'll be someone with hard hitting questions, peer pressure would probably make them think thrice.

Hell, even in the safe zone of GB forums there are peeps that literally sh.t themselves anytime anyone brings up the lacking pace / quality of content.

Back to the thread, I'll let my sub run out. If there comes a time where there's worthwhile backlog of premium content, I'll think about looking out for a sale.

This

I know some of the community love more or less everything the guys do and will really go out of there way to defend them about everything, but there needs to be tough questions asked and they need to give answers.

The guys said there would be crazier stuff and so far we have seen that in fits and starts but not what we thought there would be. Look at Tested, those guys have really come on strong the last 2 months.

it just frustrates me seeing the guys being so lazy and lackadaisical about this, its our money they are using and we should demand more.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#319  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I no longer watch the video content, livestreams, read the reviews or participate in the community like I used to, this website is a message board to me now where I discuss games whenever I have free time, so I'm not renewing my subscription anymore.

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#320  Edited By HiCZoK

monthly. first time. I think I will resubscribe like ever 3 months to catch up

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By AndrewB
It's time to choose.
It's time to choose.

Also, something cryptic about the borderworld, Xen, that will never be mentioned again.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By amir90

Not sure tbh.

I spend more time on the forum on GB and listening to their podcast (which is free).

But then again, the biggest reason I bought gold membership was because I thought they deserved something after 100 hours of fun. And also because I wanted to watch Random PC game (please make this a weekly thing :( )

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By RE_Player1

I've not been enjoying any of the premium content they've put out since the buyout and have felt like the membership has been a bit of a waste this year. I plan on doing what others have already voiced in this thread, unsub and than pay $5 for a month later on and consume all the premium content I missed which hopefully is more than the current rate and quality.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By AndrewB

Not saying anything about my position either way, but it does kind of suck that my favorite content is generated by the staff members who are also hard at work on the technical side of things (video editing and site designing), which means they can't really do it that often. But I guess that keeps every episode special.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Portis

They could stop offering Premium Content tomorrow and I would still keep buying a subscription for as long as they let me do so. Jeff, Ryan, Drew, Brad, Vinny and Dave have provided me with more entertainment than any TV channel, radio station or other website in these past 4 years than I could have ever imagined.

These past 4 years for me have brought a lot of changes in my life, good and awful. I've had immediate family members die, I found the woman of my dreams...and as corny as this may sound, Giant Bomb has been with me this whole time, keeping a smile on my face no matter what. I'm truly thankful for everything about this website. Everything.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Slag

@Humanity said:

@Slag: Being an adult is recognizing that there are other options than being either a conformist Corporate wage slave or a free independent entrepreneur. You can work for a company and not be a mindless drone and like what you do and not be forced to live in a studio with 5 other people in a trendy part of Brooklyn to maintain your artistic integrity because owning a house is like selling out to the big corporate dream.

Ok that's a fair point, you can work for a large coporation and be your own dude. I did exaggerate a bit there and shouldn't have phrased it the way I did. I don't like Corporate culture and my biases showed there.

although I think I either misspoke or you misunderstood me , I never meant the better and only choice was to be a starving hipster Brooklyn artist. This is not an either or situation. My intended point was rather you don't have to work for large corporations (start your own business, work for small companies etc) and give up your dreams ( you could find a second job, work nights etc) to be an "adult" like @WJist claimed. My point was there is more than one way to be responsible.

Running your own startup, like Giant Bomb used to be, is a lot more responsibility/risk in my opinion than being a subsidiary of a company CBSi.

I don't fault GB for selling , maybe they had to do that to have enough capital to keep going and grow. Maybe they had other good reasons, goodness knows there is a lot of potential good ones to cash in your chips. Most startup guys I've know who have sold out due basically for stress relief. Being your own boss can be terrible for your health and relationships.

Only they know what it was like behind the scenes at Whiskey. But it's not like they were being irresponsible by being independent like seemed to imply. Nor is getting a job with a Fortune 500 company the only way to responsibly make a living.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#327  Edited By wrighteous86

@Slag: When the choice is to sell your company or lose your job, the responsible thing to do is sell your company.

You seem to think that remaining independent was a realistic option...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Slag

@Wrighteous86 said:

@Slag: When the choice is to sell your company or lose your job, the responsible thing to do is sell your company.

You seem to think that remaining independent was a realistic option...

I don't believe I said that at all. I thought I was pretty clear in giving GB the benefit of the doubt in trusting their decision making.

I said I didn't know what it was like exactly behind the scenes at Whiskey and unless you work there you probably don't either. And even then depending on your role you might not.

I also explicitly said I don't fault them for selling. Not sure how that wasn't clear?

fwiw Selling was likely their easiest and perhaps best option but it wasn't their only option or necessarily the most responsible choice. They could have closed, they could have tried to raise capital, they could have laid some people off, taken salary reductions, or cut costs in other ways among others. Some may have been more viable than others. You may not like those options and perhaps none of them when you weigh the factors (which I should note we don't know) were as viable as selling but it's not like at least some of those options weren't there.

Startups and Small businesses do things like that all the time. Again however I trust that guys made the decision they felt was best.

I just hope they picked the right merger partner, I'm growing concerned they might not have given what we have (and haven't seen) so far. I remain open minded though.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#329  Edited By confusedowl

I just signed up for a monthly sub and think that it's worth it. I consider this to be my new home on the internet and would like it to stay that way for as long as possible, so premium content or no, I don't mind paying to help keep things going.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chtasm said:

After a time of contemplation and reading through this thread, I've unsubscribed. Following the move it seems like a lot of what I originally gave the duders money for was left behind at the old office. The tight knit Whiskey Media crew is gone, interns are gone, Coonce gone, cross-site content includes Will Smith dropping in once every 3 months and the general spontaneity, enthusiasm & personality, I feel, has taken a moderate downturn. In addition to the fact that it's been a while since March and they're still settling in? Really? I don't know how long office moves take (and I apologize for that, I suppose...), but I believe Will said it best when he was here last week:

"What have you guys been doing these past 4 months?"

Not only do I agree with this, but I'd want to point out that I find Tested to be the more interesting, devoted website punch-for-punch since the buyout.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By NMC2008

I'm gonna keep going until I can't go anymore.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#332  Edited By artofwar420

I love to support Giant Bomb in any way I can. The easiest is some cash, so I'll keep renewing. They're simply the only website about video games that "understands" me. I love the "Random PC Game" feature, and related other ones. I hope they keep doing awesome things like that.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#333  Edited By Vinny_Says

I have yet to see anything bigger or crazier, as promised over a pancake breakfast many months ago by Jeff Gerstmann. If anything, TNTs are a shell of their former selves, podcasts are on a constant swing between incredible and monotonous, videos are the same as they've always been and premium content is almost inexistent.

To be fair, saying things will be "bigger and crazier" can mean anything, but I doubt it means keeping everything the same (you can't pull a fast one on me guys!). I know the above is off topic, but it's nevertheless something I would like addressed.

If 2 people aren't enough to get video content out there then hire more people; they don't have to be members of the crew, they can just edit video quietly in the background for all I care.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By topsteer

@Turbo_Toaster said:

To me, it hasn't felt like their hearts have been in this for some time. I don't much care for what they're doing these days because of that and I kind of mentally checked out around the time of the Tested poster. I don't like that it feels as though the Community is only important when they need money and suggestions are met with a weird "Yeah yeah okay." attitude. They go on trips and complain (yes I get that it's not a vacation, but maybe keep it to yourself? It's a tad disrespectful to your hard-working audience.) Endurance Runs should be done once a year in my opinion. If there are no games in summer, why not make that the ED time? Maybe have a quick little show and tell on Mondays for cool stuff developers send you where each dude brings in one thing to show everyone. That's a cool perk I would love to share with people if it were me. Anyway, after 4 months I'm very surprised they're not, "Settled." Whether you pay for a sub to support them or for content, they advertise it as paying for content. They're not delivering, and that's not okay.

As a Cartoonist, I came here and loved the living toons that were the guys. Dave was awesome enough to bring me on to work with them and integrate that artistic aspect of my life with this site and I had a great time. There's a lot I really wanted to do and pitch to them but never got the chance. The life force seems to have been drained from this place somehow, unfortunately. I hope they find that awesome spirit they once had. :)

Wow, very well said. I've always hated their reaction to the Endurance Run. It's probably the most popular feature on the site but it's met with vitriol every time it's mentioned.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#335  Edited By Humanity

@Slag: I agree with you although I'm not as anti establishment. I wouldn't have too many issues working for a big company if the conditions were ok. In the past I worked for a medium sized very corporate entity and it was very rigid but at the same time you can take refuge in the corporate structure. Everything had a report needed to be sent in and every action needed approval but this gave you the ability to fall back on those procedures at any moment which was comforting. The worst part was that despite all the HR regulations, labor laws and fire code etc when the shit hit the fan and your boss wanted to get rid of someone all those rules suddenly seemed to blur which is ultimately while I left.

I imagine owning your business is super stressful in the same way it can be relaxing to be your own boss. The weight of everything resting solely on your shoulders seems quite overbearing to me.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#336  Edited By korolev

I'll resubscribe. I have the cash. I like the site. No issue for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a
deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be resubbing to support these guys

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Barrock

@Turbo_Toaster said:

To me, it hasn't felt like their hearts have been in this for some time. I don't much care for what they're doing these days because of that and I kind of mentally checked out around the time of the Tested poster. I don't like that it feels as though the Community is only important when they need money and suggestions are met with a weird "Yeah yeah okay." attitude. They go on trips and complain (yes I get that it's not a vacation, but maybe keep it to yourself? It's a tad disrespectful to your hard-working audience.) Endurance Runs should be done once a year in my opinion. If there are no games in summer, why not make that the ED time? Maybe have a quick little show and tell on Mondays for cool stuff developers send you where each dude brings in one thing to show everyone. That's a cool perk I would love to share with people if it were me. Anyway, after 4 months I'm very surprised they're not, "Settled." Whether you pay for a sub to support them or for content, they advertise it as paying for content. They're not delivering, and that's not okay.

As a Cartoonist, I came here and loved the living toons that were the guys. Dave was awesome enough to bring me on to work with them and integrate that artistic aspect of my life with this site and I had a great time. There's a lot I really wanted to do and pitch to them but never got the chance. The life force seems to have been drained from this place somehow, unfortunately. I hope they find that awesome spirit they once had. :)

Nail on the fucking head.

John Davidson leaving AGAIN doesn't help either. He just seems to go to places, improve them slightly, and then abandon ship. From 1up, to What They Play, to GamePro, to Gamespot, to whatever he's doing now. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth even though he seems like an awesome guy.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#339  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm a little disappointed in the Bomb crew right now. A lot of stuff originally promised for subscribers got nixed. I understand why they got nixed but it was disappointing anyways. Plus I never even got my Gamespot premium thing and I contacted people and never even got a response. Plus there is a question I've had about the state of the site that no one seems to definitively answer.

Despite all this I MAY resubscribe for a third full year subscription. But they kinda left me a bit disappointed with regards to a few issues.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#340  Edited By Legend

I already unsubscribed since I learned that CBSi bought the site.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Barrock

@LiquidPrince said:

I'm a little disappointed in the Bomb crew right now. A lot of stuff originally promised for subscribers got nixed. I understand why they got nixed but it was disappointing anyways. Plus I never even got my Gamespot premium thing and I contacted people and never even got a response. Plus there is a question I've had about the state of the site that no one seems to definitively answer.

Despite all this I MAY resubscribe for a third full year subscription. But they kinda left me a bit disappointed with regards to a few issues.

BLLSL is a key factor. It would go a long way to me if they admitted the site hasn't been in peak condition but want to fix it.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Picard

@RPGee said:

The reason I subscribe is because I do enjoy the content when it does come, but also because I want to feel like I'm helping make the dream continue, in a way.

Helping make the dream continue? I'm not sure I follow. So one of the reasons you sub is to give the bomb crew money to make their dreams come true? Or is it so you'll be able to continue to live vicariously through them? Sorry, I'm not trying mock you or anything, I just don't understand the statement. But then again I'm pretty dense.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By cheesebob

I am subscribed till 2014 I believe....and I will probs stay subbed until it is very clearly evident that they have sold out.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Pkshields

I'm going to stay subscribed in the hope that they eventually bring back more regular subscriber content. It's been pretty barren since the buyout and I understand why, but it still feels empty with just Quick Looks everywhere.

Sonti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Sonti

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of premium content recently and I know they've been probably busy with other stuff due to moving to a new location, equipment etc. but I would expect them to talk about that stuff a bit more often too so that it's clear why. But I'll probably stay subscribed as I have faith in them.

I'm really hoping they'll do more on the premium side of things though. If not then that's a marketing fail right there. You need to give some incentive for people to want subscribing and currently I'm not seeing much of it.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#346  Edited By mrfizzy

I'm thinking I might unsubscribe. I live in Australia so I miss pretty much all the live stuff due to the time difference between here and the US and I really don't care if i can get HD videos or not. As it was I was pretty much just giving them my money coz I loved the site and the team and knew that none of it was possible without cash to drive it. Now that they're owned by a massive company I don't think they need my money as much. That being said if the site had some awesome merch available i would be totally willing to buy it, i need a new messenger bag at the moment... HINT HINT GB SQUAD.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By splodge

What I get out of this site for 5 bucks a month is a MASSIVE value proposition. Even if I watch ten hours of GB content a month (and it is always more), that's 50 cents an hour. And that's in your fancy American euros. 5 bucks is nothing. I will more than likely splash out for a full sub come the next Biggy Live Show.

I also think there might be some rose tinted glasses perched on the noses of some subscribers... I don't recall every QL and every feature being A+ comedy gold.

There has been a decrease in special content, that is true, but I find it completely understandable and, as I said, still worth a measly 5 Ameri-eurons a month.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Sbaitso

I've got the same feeling of discontentment that alot of other users do, and my patience is definitely running out, but it's 5 bucks a month. I don't really see myself putting up the full $60 for a year(unless there is a bitchin' shirt......then maybe....but it's gotta be pretty bitchin). I really hope the upcoming BLLSL is a turning point for them, but I'm not so sure. Maybe the panel will have some actual answers. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Picard

CBSi, dude,. CBSi,..

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By maginnovision

I'm a bit saddened by premium content lately, and this year in large. Problem is I hate ads, low quality video, and I'd hate to think I missed something awesome. I'll be resubbing but it's not because of the promises they make during the BLLSL.