Avatar image for jesusfrankenstein
jesusfrankenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jesusfrankenstein

So, I just changed over to android,and am struggling to figure out how to listen to the premium podcasts, as there's no iTunes. Is there a way to access it on Android? Or will I just have to listen to it in a browser? Any and all assistant would be greatly appreciated

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Try Pocket Casts its a podcast app for android that will allow you to subscribe to any feed by pasting its URL into the search box.

clayton_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I will also recommend Pocket Casts. You can set it up to auto-download the newest episodes as soon as they're put up and it works really well. It also syncs with servers so it knows where you paused/started listening.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I went through about a dozen podcast apps on android, and pocket casts was by far the best. Getting premium GB stuff on it is easy, just follow @clayton_bomb's instructions.

There are a few apps with more robust feature sets, but Pocket Casts is way better from the design/usability perspective.

duk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sync feature on Pocket Casts is awesome if you listen on multiple devices.

They've launched a webplayer at https://play.pocketcasts.com/ (on-time fee of $9) which allows you to listen to your podcast on your computer as well.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just accessing the website and then downloading the mp3 instead of streaming? I do the same with the videos. On my Galaxy S4 I just hold the 'download mp3' button for a second or two until a menu shows up and select 'save link as'. Then just remove the mp3 afterwards.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll put in my vote for PocketCasts as well. I've used a bunch of other podcast apps, and this one has worked the best for me.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used BeyondPod works fine add the feed address go to advanced options put in your username and password let the app do the rest!

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PLEASE USE HTTPS SO THAT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE NOT TRANSMITTED IN PLAIN TEXT. This is not a perfect solution that will protect your password (the server's logs will have the full url you accessed), but it will at least protect it from someone snooping on your network - and given that you're using a phone, the likelihood of you connecting to a hostile network is much higher than in your own home.

...That said, I'll back up Pocket Casts; it's a great experience, and it works cross-platform so you can switch ecosystems as often as you like (I use iOS for phone and Android for the tablet that stays at home).

paudle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By paudle

You can try antennapod too. It works pretty well for me

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Am I the only one who actually really likes listening to the ads? I could listen to the premium feed, but Jeff's businessman voice is soothing.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_verissimo: I also still listen to the regular bombcast versus the no ad one.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just click on the download button, press and hold when it starts playing in a new window, then download.

All these fancy podcast catchers, you kids.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@nick_verissimo

I listen to the regular podcast as well, I just use the premium feed for the other podcasts. I actually really like the ads, but I miss small businessman a lot.