#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
  1. Name your personal 'Premonition' TOP 3 picks for 'Best of 2012' games you will play or have already played. (I know it's hard, but stick to only 3, if you can)
  2. Name your personal 'Premonition' winner of 'Best of 2012' and why. (again, be decisive and name only one)
  3. Name what game will presumably win the most 'highest honors' on popular gaming sites and why. (feel free to throw names around as you please)

Use your epic powers of divination and prejudice. What's going to happen?

#2 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
  1. XCOM: Enemy Unkown, Darksiders 2, Guild Wars 2
  2. Darksiders 2 - I presume Darksiders 2 is going to be what Uncharted 2 was to Uncharted 1 - it delivers on all of Darksiders potential and then some (at least sans co-op). I have kept away from all coverage, because I know I want to play it eversince it was announced - all I know is that it's going to be much much bigger and that there will be a tonne of loot. That knock-off tarnish some attribute to the first Darksiders? I think with Darksiders 2, there will be no doubt left about Vigil and the Darksiders franchise - they both rock!
  3. Assassin's Creed 3 will win many highest honors, for being conceptually and technically ambitious and interesting and unique - though I'm certain for me personally, there's going to be tonnes of games out there, delivering much more satisfying mechanics to play with. From my experiences with prior Assassin's Creed games, there's no way in hell that AC3 will tickle my fancy with its mechanics and sensibilities. Too automated to be perfectly satisfying. Too plodding - due to clamoring for a semblance of believability. And way too much filler. It'll be a great game for sure, and I am even more sure that the editorial staffers of big gaming sites will eat it up and claim it's 'Best of 2012' golden.

That's assuming GTA V doesn't release in 2012. I'm a total sucker for Rockstar North and the GTA franchise, and so is the rest of the world. It would be all over this list naturally.

#3 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Three threes!

3. Far Cry 3

2. Diablo III

1. SURPRISE UPSET: Half-Life 3

What I think will be best: HL3!

What the industry will think is best: HL3!

#4 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

Top 3:
1. Persona 4 Golden
2. Diablo III
3. Dark Souls Prepare to Die

Personal Winner:
Dark Souls

Industry GOTY:
Diablo III

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
  1. Womb Raider
  2. Xcom:EU
  3. Persona 4 Golden

Best of 2012: Xcom:EU

Giantbomb Game of the year: Diablo 3 ( because Brad )

#6 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

What's that, Zach? We'll need to consult the coffee before we tackle this assignment?

Zach and I will be back tomorrow morning, after I've had my coffee. I'm very particular about my coffee.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11652 posts) -
#8 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -
  1. Assassin's Creed 3
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. Dishonored

Industry Honours split between Guild Wars 2 and Halo 4.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 3

Boarderlands 2

Diablo 3

The winrar? Diablo 3. Deservedly so!

#10 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10388 posts) -

Assassin's Creed III is going to be the one that gets all the big "best of the year" awards from video game sites.

What? already made the obvious reference.

#11 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -
  • Halo 4
  • Dead Space 3
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark moon

The winner? Halo 4, for having an amazing amount of content packed in, fantastic multiplayer and single player and an amazing story.

Or what I have chose, I'd like to think halo 4 will be the most popular among gaming sites.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

all I got are personal, but...

Binary Domain

Crusader Kings 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

#13 Posted by Ares42 (2559 posts) -

Personal top 3 will most likely be Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2 and X-Com.

Winner will probably be Borderlands 2, as I loved the first one and it mixes everything I love about gaming. Exciting fun gameplay, open-world elements, humor and ofc levelling.

And as everyone has been saying Diablo 3 will win GOTYs.

#14 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Probable Personal Top 3:

1. Halo 4

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Max Payne 3

My likely GOTY:

Halo 4

Everyone else's GOTY:

Diablo 3

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Darksiders 2

Borderlands 2

Diablo 3

Notice how everything I picked involves RPG elements and shitloads of loot? You have now pegged me as a person and gamer.

What do I think my GOTY will be? No fucking clue.

What do I think the industry-wide GOTY will be? I don't think there will be one. I think it will be rather divided.

#16 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Guild Wars 2

#17 Posted by Irvandus (2777 posts) -

1: X to the COM baby.

2: Dieablow

3. Hey Lo 2 squared.

#18 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Top 3 for GB and Myself

1.Diablo 3

2.AC3

3.Borderlands 2

Winner(Personal) Borderlands 2. It's funny, it's got SO MUCH LOOT, Heavy RPG elements, and it's the sequel to Borderlands!

Winner (GB) AC3. Something about the parkour in the wilderness and the gunplay combat seems like it'll be extremely well done, or it'll flop.

Diablo 3 will take tons of awards, but I think the DRM is what is keeping it off the GOTY list for me.

#19 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

1. Persona 4: Golden 
2. Hitman: Absolution 
3. Guild Wars II

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

My Personal Picks

• Max Payne 3
  • Borderlands 2
  • Assassins Creed 3

(GTA V if released this year instead of Borderlands 2)

My Winner: Max Payne 3 (If no GTA V)

Industry: Diablo 3