Presentation, and thanks

TheVatican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheVatican

Thanks for all who have commented on my previous posts, hope you still do.

Now, onto my next topic.

Presentation.

Right out of IGN's (hope i can mention that here) grading scale is presentation. Its doesn't affect gameplay, but I thought of it as I played LOTR:Conquest and World of Goo over the weekend.

Now, Conquest is a bad game. I didn't like it. But the menu's are just some text boxes on clips from the movies basically, and launching multiplayre matches (locally, haven't played online yet) seem clunky and boring to me.

World of Goo on the other hand is amazing, as in a previous post of mine. The vibrant colors and menus are perfect in that game. The overall art is just amazing.

Presentation often gives me an overall feeling of a game. Brawl for instance disappointed me, since it seems too similar to melee (please don't attack me for that; post forthcoming). The Halo and Gears of War series also impressed me with their overall design.

Lock's Quest on the DS also is designed really well, and if anybody hasn't picked up that game I heartily recommend it.

What games have stood out to you for their presentation, art design, or just overall design? Comments appreciated!

TheVatican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By TheVatican

Thanks for all who have commented on my previous posts, hope you still do.

Now, onto my next topic.

Presentation.

Right out of IGN's (hope i can mention that here) grading scale is presentation. Its doesn't affect gameplay, but I thought of it as I played LOTR:Conquest and World of Goo over the weekend.

Now, Conquest is a bad game. I didn't like it. But the menu's are just some text boxes on clips from the movies basically, and launching multiplayre matches (locally, haven't played online yet) seem clunky and boring to me.

World of Goo on the other hand is amazing, as in a previous post of mine. The vibrant colors and menus are perfect in that game. The overall art is just amazing.

Presentation often gives me an overall feeling of a game. Brawl for instance disappointed me, since it seems too similar to melee (please don't attack me for that; post forthcoming). The Halo and Gears of War series also impressed me with their overall design.

Lock's Quest on the DS also is designed really well, and if anybody hasn't picked up that game I heartily recommend it.

What games have stood out to you for their presentation, art design, or just overall design? Comments appreciated!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

Resident Evil 4, TF2, among other Valve games.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Presentation is one of the most important factors in a game to me.  Presentation to me is graphics, sound, art design (which includes layout and those extra touches), fluidity of animation, and controls

Granted that's only second to gameplay, which is pretty mucht the only thing left, lulz. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Dead Space.  I can't think of a game that does presentation better than Dead Space.

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Naughton

I'll take Bioshock for 400, Alex.