This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

So I bought this game for like $6 yesterday and played through the first two chapters and still don't have a single achievement. It seems like all of the achievements are based on doing impossible things like getting SSS scores on every level....since when do video games score you on completing them? What the fuck is this Japanese shit?

Why can't they make it a game where you just play it and not have to be some super Korean button masher to get any achievements?

Just saying.

So is the new one better or is it a score attack arcade game too with some crackhead anime story?

#2 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

oh you are one of those

#3 Posted by believer258 (12176 posts) -

Man. What the hell happened to clever trolls instead of these pathetic ones?

#4 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

If you are a achievement freak, x360a is your choice for seeing which games are good on giving achievements. I use to be totally into them playing only games that i'd get 1000 or OVER gamerscore. Now i could care less.

GET HELP

#5 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

3/10

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

Capcom does this, man. And its really hard to get combos with those sticks. ~ That newer Ratchet Clank game, on the other hand, is one of those games where its like, "ah this is stupidly easy. This might be a baby game." But then the VERY last trophy, the hardest boss I've had in a while is that trophy. Its stupidly hard to get, and I only got it once I upgraded all the weapons like 3 times over. Go play that, or something.

#7 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -
#8 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Protip: don't buy Japanese games if you're grinding for achievements. That's what movie games are for.

#9 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

@shadow said:

Protip: don't buy Japanese games if you're grinding for achievements. That's what movie games are for.

Well my question is, is the new DmC Japanese or more American like? I hate Capcom and Resident Evil and fighting games and all that, but I figured I'd try it. I hate the way it breaks out into ugly menus that take you out of the game all the time. It's like 'oh hey you thought you were in this world, nope you're just on some arcade machine at the mall and here's your score'...like wtf?

And the story cutscenes are trash. They're entirely unrealistic anime looking spikey hair, weird grunting, stupid dialogue crap. Is that what the new one's like too?

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (15131 posts) -

DMC a button masher? Lol.

#11 Posted by Humanity (10037 posts) -

He changes it up once in a while so I'm still thrown off a little when I see the obvious trolling.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

@shadow said:

Well my question is, is the new DmC Japanese or more American like? I hate Capcom and Resident Evil and fighting games and all that, but I figured I'd try it. I hate the way it breaks out into ugly menus that take you out of the game all the time. It's like 'oh hey you thought you were in this world, nope you're just on some arcade machine at the mall and here's your score'...like wtf?

And the story cutscenes are trash. They're entirely unrealistic anime looking spikey hair, weird grunting, stupid dialogue crap. Is that what the new one's like too?

Why so judgmental toward the game and lots of game by the sounds of things in this thread and others you have made. yes the achievements are hard to get. It is not a game to play once and get all the stuff with ease. Instead they are made for the people that want to play the game a ton and get very good at it.

It's cool not liking something but you could be a bit more constructive with your feedback. I'm curious. What brought you this website and why do you continue to stay? Not that you are not welcome but that you seem to have different tastes to the others in these forums. I bet other forums would be better.

#13 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan said:

@jdh5153 said:

@shadow said:

Why so judgmental toward the game and lots of game by the sounds of things in this thread and others you have made. yes the achievements are hard to get. It is not a game to play once and get all the stuff with ease. Instead they are made for the people that want to play the game a ton and get very good at it.

It's cool not liking something but you could be a bit more constructive with your feedback. I'm curious. What brought you this website and why do you continue to stay? Not that you are not welcome but that you seem to have different tastes to the others in these forums. I bet other forums would be better.

Hitler thought getting rid of people with different tastes was cool too. Good one.

I don't like Japanese games / anime... I don't like arcade crap. I knew absolutely nothing about Devil May Cry other than there was a new one out, and I didn't even know it was made by Capcom when I bought it, it was $6 so I bought it and figured if it was cool I'd try the new one. I have the new one from GameFly I just haven't tried it yet. I've heard they've modernized it or whatever, so maybe it's not as anime-ish / Japanese? Or is it still a game for that niche audience?

That niche isn't something I'm into. I don't care about combos, scores or getting "good" at pressing buttons. I'm also not into video-gamey video games. I prefer simulation types that don't make it seem like you're in a game by flashing scores and all kinds of crap across the screen and then completely taking you out of the game to be like 'hey dude here's your score'. Why is there a score at all? Why can't it be a game about saving the princess or whatever the fuck it has me doing? All I see is spikey hair, giant swords, guns and Catholics....I have no fucking clue what's supposed to be happening. Maybe that's because I haven't played the first 3 games??? I mean you start off being chased by monsters with absolutely no explanation of what's going on....

Anyway, I just want to have fun. The game has been fun as a button masher, but I don't get scores better than C-B and it's just annoying that if I spend the time to beat this game I'll get literally nothing out of it...maybe like 20 gamerscore for killing 100 enemies and the stuff like that, but that's it....

#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@jdh5153 said:

@shadow said:

Hitler thought getting rid of people with different tastes was cool too. Good one.

I don't like Japanese games / anime... I don't like arcade crap. I knew absolutely nothing about Devil May Cry other than there was a new one out, and I didn't even know it was made by Capcom when I bought it, it was $6 so I bought it and figured if it was cool I'd try the new one. I have the new one from GameFly I just haven't tried it yet. I've heard they've modernized it or whatever, so maybe it's not as anime-ish / Japanese? Or is it still a game for that niche audience?

That niche isn't something I'm into. I don't care about combos, scores or getting "good" at pressing buttons. I just want to have fun. The game has been fun as a button masher, but I don't get scores better than C-B and it's just annoying that if I spend the time to beat this game I'll get literally nothing out of it...maybe like 20 gamerscore for killing 100 enemies and the stuff like that, but that's it....

I'm not trying to get rid of you. Just that I noticed that whenever you make a thread you get bashed. Wondering why put up with that when you can go somewhere else and be treated less hostilely. I was merely curious. I wanted to understand. Please don't compare me to Hitler. It is not nice and I don't appreciate it. I did not mean my statement as an attack.

The new one is still combo based but it's much easier to get good score in it. Although the next update is supposed to be making it harder to get S ranks. We shall see how that turns out. The style is rather different so maybe you would like it more. Some people, myself included get enjoyment out of learning how the game works and improving at it. The act of playing is it's own reward. If you do not feel that way maybe try something else or the new DmC.

#15 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Hard achievements are the only ones worth having, I don't see the point of getting an achievement for finishing a chapter.

#16 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

What the fuck is this Japanese shit?

@jdh5153 said:
some super Korean button masher

I appreciate your quality contributions to these forums.

#17 Posted by Dauthi693 (130 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

Anyway, I just want to have fun. The game has been fun as a button masher, but I don't get scores better than C-B and it's just annoying that if I spend the time to beat this game I'll get literally nothing out of it...maybe like 20 gamerscore for killing 100 enemies and the stuff like that, but that's it....

Maybe i'm getting old but i remember when the "fun" of playing the game was what you got out of it and beating the game was the achievement. First world problems man, there really serious. :P

#18 Edited by big_jon (5782 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

@shadow said:

Do you follow this site's coverage out of curiosity?

#19 Edited by Yummylee (22506 posts) -

Nice, this guy's expanded his racism horizons by moving on from China to now double-whammy'ing Japan and South Korea! No Asian country is safe!!

#20 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Nice, this guy's expanded his racism horizons by moving on from China to now double-whammy'ing Japan and South Korea! No Asian country is safe!!

This comment made my day.

#21 Posted by believer258 (12176 posts) -

@humanity said:

@believer258 said:

He changes it up once in a while so I'm still thrown off a little when I see the obvious trolling.

Meh. I just get pissed. A little clever trolling here and there can be kind of funny. But this:

@jdh5153 said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@jdh5153 said:

@shadow said:

That niche isn't something I'm into. I don't care about combos, scores or getting "good" at pressing buttons. I'm also not into video-gamey video games. I prefer simulation types that don't make it seem like you're in a game by flashing scores and all kinds of crap across the screen and then completely taking you out of the game to be like 'hey dude here's your score'. Why is there a score at all? Why can't it be a game about saving the princess or whatever the fuck it has me doing? All I see is spikey hair, giant swords, guns and Catholics....I have no fucking clue what's supposed to be happening. Maybe that's because I haven't played the first 3 games??? I mean you start off being chased by monsters with absolutely no explanation of what's going on....

...stupid shit is what I meant by "pathetic". I mean, c'mon, jdh5153. The guy wasn't even trying to piss you off, he was asking why you continue to hang around here when you get bashed, and the answer is because you find pissing people off funny. It's not. It's immature. I can understand getting mad at me for responding to you in the condescending manner that I am (and probably often will), but immortalsaiyan was not doing so.

#22 Posted by Flappy (2351 posts) -

@yummylee said:

5 stars.

#23 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

Um, Dmc4 was probably Capcom's last game to come out, without too much American influence during production.

#24 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6094 posts) -

I 100%'d this game without patching it, and thus don't have the trophies to prove it, oh noes!

#25 Posted by Snail (8659 posts) -

I don't get it if he's trolling or not.

So if he isn't:

Well, they are called achievements. And those things aren't impossible, they just require a lot of practice. You know, so you actually get a sense of achievement when you unlock those achievements.

There are games that reward players with Trophy/Achievements for petty things, but attribute no such reward for some amazing feats - on the account of wanting to make an "S Rank" or a "Platinum Trophy" attainable.

I played DMC 4 on a PS3, and that game was released before Trophies were mandatory in every PS3 game - or maybe even before trophies were a thing at all - so I don't know how hard the achievements in that game are. But complaining about achievements being challenging is kinda silly.

If he is:

Get out.

#26 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

Your first problem is that you're treating it as a button masher. Here's the hot scoop: This isn't god of war. You have to actually be good at the thing and memorize strategies and combos if you want higher than a C, which is also probably why you hate fighting games, too. Also, yes, DmC does still rank you at the end of the level, so if you don't like that, you're shit out of luck.

But DMC 4 was way too animy final fantasy, I'll give you that one.

#27 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

"Hitler thought getting rid of people with different tastes was cool too. Good one."

Referencing Hitler? ...seriously? With this completely silly comment and the aggressive/potentially racist comments in the opening post, I'm going to assume that this thread was created with some intent to troll, and further assume that no further discussion of value is going to occur in this thread.

To everyone else who decided to bypass the actual topic and attack jdh: Don't be dicks. Adding comments of no value to attack a user or topic only perpetuates these sorts of conversations. Even if you feel a user's being a jerk, refraining from comment on these topics is far more beneficial for all.