Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Trilogy

bozasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bozasm

I'm working on my Gaming Backlog/Pile of Shame and as lame or ridiculous as it is to say, I've finally beaten the incredibly short Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

I've heard such great things about The Two Thrones, but supposedly the conclusion of this trilogy is not fully appreciated without completing Warrior Within.  I normally don't mind playing a game in it's appropriate order, but I've heard mixed reviews about Warrior Within - some claiming that the ultra-metal attitude of the game erases some of the charm of the first and I'm best to jump straight to the third game.

Many have told me that I should just skip all of these and stay in current-gen and go straight to Prince of Persia.  Only Sands of Time was really on my backlog; the other 2 I own, but haven't made a real decision that they need to be beaten.

Thoughts?
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I didn't think Warrior Within was that bad, but I'd at least recommend The Two Thrones.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose

For me it's like this: Warrior Within > Sands of Time > Two Thrones.

Not that TT was bad though, they're all excellent action adventure games.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

Warrior Within > Two Thrones > Sands of Time.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By strangeling

I've played through the whole trilogy, and I would recommend you doing the same.  I thought all three where good.

I was worried about Warrior Within too, but it really wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.  I'd say, just start playing it, and if you find you don't care for it go ahead and skip to Two Thrones.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

I thought Warrior Within was the best because of the twists and the multiple endings. A lot of value.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

Just because Warrior Within is different doesn't make it bad. Sure, it gets somewhat away from the light hearted tone of the first but it all fits into the story of the trilogy.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Axersia
LiquidPrince said:
"Warrior Within > Two Thrones > Sands of Time."
Same here. I really couldn't stand SOT because of its horrible combat.

Definitely don't skip WW unless you have a problem with its setting. You've seen screenshots and gameplay footage (presumably), so you know what you're getting into. I can understand that fans of the original find the lack of "Arabian Nights" feel disappointing, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

I prefer WW over TTT because of its darker tone and the excellent hard rock/heavy metal soundtrack (there's nothing more satisfying than slashing up foes to rock/metal IMO, and I can usually only get that experience in Japanese action RPGs), but TTT is a great game as well.
Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Neorub

I loved SOT, but damit if I could not beat the cheap last boss in Warrior Within. HAve not really played Two Thrones.
Know what, they should put the whole trilogy on XBLA or something.

bozasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bozasm

Thanks for all the feedback!  I've actually started Warrior Within already and I feel like theres been a huge shift in tone that I haven't quite accepted yet, but I'm planning on continuing and playing the series in order.  

Agreed - just because it's different doesn't make it bad.  And I was just starting to really enjoy the combat in PoP:SoT, despite it being simple.