#1 Posted by Yoda (92 posts) -

Hey guys, i've been recently wanting to purchase a few DS games while my 360 is out on repairs, or even wii games for that matter... But it seems i have a problem

There are games that i do want, but i feel that i would rather just save that money and buy a 360 game for some reason.. Even when i have enough money i still feel i should only buy games for my 360 and not for the other consoles.. Is this wierd? I really only play my 360 the most, however i really think i should start getting into the other ones but its just hard for me to spend my money and get a game for one of the other systems!

Any suggestions? Anyone else like this?

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3312 posts) -

I think the problem a lot of people have is looking at it as a small console instead of a portable one.  The core of portable gaming is really about taking it with you on-the-go and playing it when you have no other options.  It would be a tough sell to anyone to want to play a DS game when you could be playing a 360 game.  That isn't to say that there aren't a lot of unique experiences to be had on the DS that can still be fun even when you do have other options. 

#3 Edited by dogbox (534 posts) -

I definitely buy most of my games on 360. Maybe it's because you, like me, have had your 360 the longest out of the other systems. All my friends own 360s too, so there's incentive to play with them as well.

Since your 360 is currently down, though, maybe take some time for a DS game. I'm playing five on mine right now - Rhythm Heaven, GTA, Fire Emblem, Ninjatown, and Chrono Trigger - and I would honestly recommend them all. Hope this helped!

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8663 posts) -

Well, not for DS games, but for Wii games I am similar to that. I am hesitant about buying big titles like Madworld but for some reason I will drop a $60 like its hot for...The Godfather II...or Mercenaries 2, you know, middle-range to mediocre games. I don't know why I do it as well. That is where Gamefly works, even if I don't have one myself.

#5 Posted by ninjakiller (3428 posts) -

No More Heroes for Wii

You kill people with a fucking lightsaber.  Nuff said.

#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8663 posts) -
ninjakiller said:
"No More Heroes for WiiYou kill people with a fucking lightsaber.  Nuff said."
Now that is a game I dropped money on with no hesitation whatsoever. And it is awesome.
#7 Posted by Yoda (92 posts) -

yeah, rhythm heaven and ninja town i have been really wanting..
i agree with all posts and thanks for your input, it is nice to know im not the only one like this.

another thing, i have been really wanting a dsi but i have a big feeling something major is going to come at e3 for some reason... and really i dont even play my ds enough to warrant a purchase for the dsi, thats why i kind of want to start getting games for it to see if i can get into it more

#8 Posted by Garfield360UK (551 posts) -
Yoda said:
"Hey guys, i've been recently wanting to purchase a few DS games while my 360 is out on repairs, or even wii games for that matter... But it seems i have a problemThere are games that i do want, but i feel that i would rather just save that money and buy a 360 game for some reason.. Even when i have enough money i still feel i should only buy games for my 360 and not for the other consoles.. Is this wierd? I really only play my 360 the most, however i really think i should start getting into the other ones but its just hard for me to spend my money and get a game for one of the other systems!Any suggestions? Anyone else like this?"
I am the same, I am reluctant to buy XBox games as well usually, I just get guilty feelings over the titles I have already got but have not finished but as I see it they wont walk away and I can just play them over time and enjoy them when I am in the mood for them rather than force myself to play a game I dont wish to play at that specific time.

But as with you I havent bought a DS game in ages, I think its either been one or two years since I last bought a game for it (I have about 4 in total for it and one GBA game) and I just never use it. In a way I feel I should try more games for it, but none really hook me as I like to sit in a compfy chair and get emersed into a game and I cant allways do that using the DS and also I do like my graphics. Also value is an issue, I sometimes feel DS games are overpiced in the UK, they can cost £30 for a good first party title but an Xbox 360 game like Mass Effect for a tenner and you get achievment points.

I can see the argument for the DS though as there are some quality looking games but its just a case of get what interests you, you may find keeping the DS is a good idea for when you see that one game you really want to play on it and its useful if you ever travel or dont want to be sat in front of the TV so can sit outside in the sun or whatever.
#9 Posted by Vinchenzo (6466 posts) -

Meh, I'm like this too. I just recently bought a DSi but barely play it. I keep thinking the same thing, "Why would I play this portable system, when I could be playing my Xbox?" Same with purchases, in comparison to the DSi I usually have no problem buying an Xbox game.

#10 Posted by Godwind (2926 posts) -

I plan on writing a DSi review/guide soon.  You could wait a little for that.

#11 Posted by PureRok (4268 posts) -

I don't understand. I buy games for all consoles all the time. Hell, I even bought a game for the PS3 and I don't even own a PS3.