#1 Edited by Asrahn (555 posts) -

Peter Molyneux has an idea. An old idea. To recreate through kickstarter, the God genre's best: Populous.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus

Do we want to see this happen? Can Peter, through going back to his glory days ideas, actually keep what he promises this time around?

I for one will be pitching in as soon as my salary hits me this friday. I would love to see a modern take on populous, and goddamn it just looks so cozy I want to play it when it's raining outside fuck.

What say you, gentlemen?

#2 Posted by Asrahn (555 posts) -

Seriously, bitches. Let's back this!

#3 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

i have never heard of this game before. but it seems a lot like spore.

#4 Posted by Giantstalker (1727 posts) -

@Asrahn said:

Can Peter, through going back to his glory days ideas, actually keep what he promises this time around?

Basically, that's the crux of this entire project.

Unfortunately I lost faith a while ago, but if he does well with this, then I'll pick up a copy.

#5 Edited by Asrahn (555 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

i have never heard of this game before. but it seems a lot like spore.

It's actually nothing like Spore.

http://www.giantbomb.com/populous-the-beginning/61-16988/

It's supposed to be a successor to the populous series. Spiritual, naturally.

@Giantstalker:

Indeed. I personally had my faith grinded down a bit with the entire Fable series. I can only hope this gets backed though, and that he succeeds with finally realizing his vision for this. It sounds too excellent, yet simple, to fail.

#6 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I'm not backing anything Molyneux is behind. If he can't find investors that trust him, why in HELL should I?

#7 Edited by envane (1164 posts) -

so he wants to pretend they didnt already try this with black and white ?

also wtf kind of name is godus , i cant even wrap my head around the word itself , i keep thinking of "godus operandi"

that being said , im pretty sure this will get backed , and always wish he can one day deliver his grand designs as purely as he intends :/

#8 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (961 posts) -

Sadly it doesn't look like this will be backed. Unless a lot of people chip in the last minute. A shame, as I like the direction it has been going. They even got a prototype video going now. Which admittedly is very rudimentary, but what do you expect when it took two weeks to make?

Anyway, I for one want a new game in the style of Populous: The Beginning. So I do hope they pull through.

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@envane said:

also wtf kind of name is godus , i cant even wrap my head around the word itself , i keep thinking of "godus operandi"

Godus. Populus. Godulus doesn't sound right, so Godus it is.

#10 Posted by Arabes (345 posts) -

I'd love to see this game get made but Peter Molyneux needs to produce a game that isn't disappointing before I'll give him any money. He just talks too much shit and hasn't made anything that didn't let me down since... Dungeon Keeper maybe? I don't know, something from the BullFrog days. His games have great promise but no follow through. Besides, isn't this going to be an iPad game, or am I just trippin balls?

#11 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (961 posts) -

@Arabes: You are not trippin balls (or you might, how can I know), but it would also come out for PC, Mac and Android.

#12 Posted by Vampire_Chibi (190 posts) -

He's asking the gamers, the people who would want to play this game for help funding it and 22cans didn't want to go to a publisher to maybe get their idea of the game spun out in a totally different direction.

If you think that he couldn't find "investors" that trusted him, then i'm 100% sure he could, i believe that he wanted to go back to the good old bullfrog days, where they made creative and good games.

put if you're unfamiliar with kickstarter, then let me inform you that if you give, say "£15" then you'll get a copy of the game and even get access to the backer forum where you can discuss ideas with other backers

and the 22cans team would go in and also discuss ideas for game changes.

But HEY!!! i think everyone deserves another chance and i for one believe in the new Peter Molyneux and the people at 22cans.

Peter Molyneux, it would be boring... really boring, not to see developers taking any changes and then either succeeding or failing, but right now we can help him succeed!