#1 Posted by m16mojo2 (309 posts) -

I don't know about you guys but, I find this really gross. It does no favors for the game, it looks generic as hell. Adding this "exclusive move" makes me think that this game can't hold its own, story wise.

Also, I can't stand the announcers voice at all. It's way too hyped, and has that annoying "gamer" voice.

Ok, I'm done whining, lol. I just wanted your thought's after seeing this ad for the 50th time on the Angry Joe show.

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

This was definitely worth the forum space this thread has just eaten up.

#4 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

The first one didn't look good and this one doesn't either. I like that the protagonist of the first one became the villain though. Don't like it, don't buy it. Tons of games have had special weapons and moves as pre-order bonuses or exclusives; they usually aren't very good.

#5 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

I don't get how this game has been green lit and I don't get why Hurt by Jonny Cash is used on the advert.

/2cents

#6 Posted by m16mojo2 (309 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Hahaha, I know, right?

#7 Posted by Yummylee (21751 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

I don't get how this game has been green lit and I don't get why Hurt by Jonny Cash is used on the advert.

/2cents

It's meant to make the audience feel like this game will have some sort of emotional core, and that we'll actually begin to 'feel' for these characters and shieeeeeeeeeeette. Much like the Gears games, though they at least paid off on the emotional build up with Gears 3. I highly doubt Prototype will ever be a franchise that's meant to bring anything out of you besides the joy of murdering the world with gooey tentacles. And even then, for me, the joy is usually short-lived.

#8 Posted by m16mojo2 (309 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@CookieMonster said:

/2cents

It's meant to make the audience feel like this game will have some sort of emotional core, and that we'll actually begin to 'feel' for these characters and shieeeeeeeeeeette. Much like the Gears games, though they at least paid off on the emotional build up with Gears 3. I highly doubt Prototype will ever be a franchise that's meant to bring anything out of you besides the joy of murdering the world with gooey tentacles. And even then, for me, the joy is usually short-lived.

Yeah, very well put. Prototype 2: Narcissism

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@m16mojo2 said:

@Napalm said:

Hahaha, I know, right?

Palm to face.

#10 Posted by m16mojo2 (309 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@m16mojo2 said:

@Napalm said:

Hahaha, I know, right?

Palm to face.

Hey, don't judge me...