• 50 results
#1 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

This was posted on Polygon like last week. The sale is on the bottom right of the picture and says "all PS Vita game systems" are $200 which means the bundles will be on sale also and with The Walking Dead PS Vita bundle coming out the 20th, maybe you can get that for $200.

This is pretty much the perfect price for the Vita especially if you have PS+. I would recommend you grab the 16 GB memory card and if you don't have PS+, grab a year and you'll be set. If you want any game recommendations, just ask. The Vita is a perfect handheld and with Gamescom set to be a Vita focused show, now's a great time to jump in if you've been on the fence.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/9/4605424/ps-vita-target-sale-199-aug-18-24

#2 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

This is such a shame, because I'd love to go get this, but I'm sort of banned from my Target. Looks like I'll have to get a friend to go inside and get the vita for me... also some Sunkist.

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

Sounds like a good deal, but I just want to point out how weird it is that you get a free 12 pack of Sunkist when you buy Splinter Cell.

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11474 posts) -

@hunter5024: Why are you banned from Target of all places? Actually, nevermind, I don't want to know. I imagine the truth is far less amusing than the scenarios I imagine in my head.

Also if I had $200 to spend I would so get on that.

#5 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@hunter5024: we're gonna need deets. give us the dirt!

#6 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

has no games worth buying other then console spins offs.

#7 Posted by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

Thought about it and put my Vita on craigslist for $140, I guess this is a alright deal, the memory card prices are fucking ridiculous though.

#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -
#9 Edited by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I would buy it for closer to $5

#10 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -
#11 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3012 posts) -

Hell yeah, I'm so not buying a Vita this week.

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11474 posts) -

@hunter5024: Alright, that's actually pretty hilarious. I'm guessing you were 12-14? Don't worry, I did some duuummmmbbb shit when I was that age too (I got suspended from school in 9th grade for writing a story in which, among other things, the principal was eaten by zombies).

#13 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

Looks like I'm getting my second Vita .

#14 Edited by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

@bigjeffrey: Didnt you just buy a VITA? :o

Yes, I also bought Persona 4 Golden and beat it. I HAVE EXPERIENCED The Most Enjoyment anyone can get out of that system. I also got it for cheap as hell aswell.

#15 Posted by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

@hunter5024: Oh boy, I too have done aswell. The rack that is full of trading cards is always unattended.

#16 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@hunter5024: That's pretty funny. Hopefully you can get a friend to get one!

Sounds like a good deal, but I just want to point out how weird it is that you get a free 12 pack of Sunkist when you buy Splinter Cell.

Sunkist fuels Sam Fisher!

#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

@bigjeffrey: Didnt you just buy a VITA? :o

I HAVE EXPERIENCED The Most Enjoyment anyone can get out of that system.

That's a matter of opinion. Gravity Rush is one of my favorite games and I prefer my indies on there. I've beat a plenty of games on there that were pretty great. Also, Tearaway will be fantastic.

#18 Edited by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

I go the Assassins Creed edition for 200 a few weeks back. But fuck that shit! give me those Amber glowing goggles, bitch! Sunkist my ass soooooonnnn!

#19 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2307 posts) -

@killacam: @arbitrarywater: I stole hundreds of dollars worth of Yugioh cards.

That's no way to become the king of games! You need to believe in the heart of the cards!

#20 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2307 posts) -

It's still a bit pricey for my blood. Maybe when there's more software I'm interested in.

Also, fuck Dewritos and Halo, Sunkist and Splinter Cell is where it's at!

#21 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

I think the Vita is a good buy at $99.

#22 Posted by cmblasko (1122 posts) -

I'm holding out to see if that PS4+Vita bundle is actually going to happen in November.

#23 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
#24 Edited by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

@thehbk said:

AGREED because this. RYAN DAVIS Telling it like it is then, Still True NOW. Fuck the VITA worst system i've ever bought. P4G is pretty excellent though.

#25 Edited by Hector (3355 posts) -

Still wouldn't buy at $199. Perhaps $149 then I'll think about it.

#26 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

Vita hasn't been selling here too much I'd guess. I bought mine when I saw it on sale for 149e. I hadn't played handheld console since GBA because I always thought I'd never need one.

Well, I didn't need one, but I definitely didn't regret my purchase. I love it.

#27 Edited by RonGalaxy (2871 posts) -

Be warned, if you order online target is pretty horrible at shipping things. I got a vita from them for 209.99 in april, and it took for god damn ever to get here AND the way they update its location made it seem like it was never going to come.

Also, if you get a vita make sure to get VLR. Playing it right now and it's AWESOME.

#28 Posted by RonGalaxy (2871 posts) -

@thehbk said:

AGREED because this. RYAN DAVIS Telling it like it is then, Still True NOW. Fuck the VITA worst system i've ever bought. P4G is pretty excellent though.

Wow, I enjoy it immensely and it can only get better from here (PS4 funcionality and indie titles will really make it amazing. Indies are already doing that actually).

Remember, the ps3 kind of sucked in it's first couple of years and look where it is now.

#29 Posted by Angouri (231 posts) -

@thehbk said:

Well, there are great experiences on the Vita now. Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, and Stealth Inc are all great experiences on the Vita, Rayman Origins was amazing, Persona 4 Golden is one-of-a-kind. Sly 4 was pretty fun. None of those games are exclusive to that platform, but they are great on that platform. On upcoming games: Killzone: Mercenary looks interesting, as do CounterSpy, Rainbow Skies, Dragon Fantasy Book II and Soul Saga.

Same justification can be thrown at the 360: I'm not a Halo guy, but the fact that (non-exclusive!) games like Bethesda RPGs, Rockband and Red Dead were great experiences made the system worthwhile.

The Vita needs an audience. The PSP had the Xseed/Atlus RPG market locked, the DS and 3DS have the kids casual market (Mario and Pokemon). "Indies" and "PS4 compatability" can get the core teen-->20 somethings with disposable income, but I don't know if it will grab any more.

#30 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

If you've not yet played the PSP and PS1 classics, the Vita has a tremendous treasure trove of amazing games to discover at a discount price. The hardware is slick and really well built. The OLED touchscreen has a tremendously crisp colorful high contrast image. Streaming video and audio files from my PC is super convenient. So are the youtube skype and what have you apps. Owning a Vita pretty much doubles the yield of free games you'll get from PS+ each month. The Vita exclusive games may be few and far between, but pretty much all of them are worthwhile. The indie support past present and future offers lots of must-play experiences too. Remote Play with PS4 is going to be nothing short of amazing. Just imagine playing The Elder Scrolls V or Fallout IV sitting on your porch in your favorite deck chair, sipping a tall glass of icecold sweet tea. Heaven!

I got my Vita brandnew for 200$, and it's been worth every penny. My favorite system ever. Any serious games enthusiast should have one. Disregard the scarcity of Vita exclusives. Why? Because it doesn't need a system seller appliction to be a killer gaming gadget. I doubt people like @bigjeffrey ever actually owed a Vita, because if they had, and explored all its possibilities, they'd not talk such smack. Hell - if somebody pretends P4G is their kind of jam, that's exactly the kind of game the Vita library is full of. More JRPGs than you could play in a lifetime.

At 200$, the Vita is a steal. The rumored PS4/Vita bundle is nothing short of highway robbery, where-in the customer robs Sony blind. Go get a Vita now! If you are in doubt, go to your PSN Store and browse all the PS1 & PSP & PSV games available. The Vita's library is thousands of games strong. I bet you'll find tons of games you always wanted to play. In terms of PSP & PS1 emulation, it's the perfect avenue to experience those games, because they look marvelous on Vita's screen - opposed to doing so on your computer or TV screen.

Any games enthusiast worth his salt should recognize the tremendous value of the Vita as a gaming device. You'd got to be a special brand of ignorant if you didn't. The flippin' thing is amazing.

#31 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (479 posts) -

Really loving what the Vita is becoming. I home for Indie's and a companion to PS4. Just waiting for the price to drop here in the UK then i'm there. Already got a whole bunch of games through PSN+.

#32 Posted by JakeMoore1106 (51 posts) -

Are Ps Vita's worth getting? I keep thinking I want one but then I back down all the time because I think they seem a waste of money!

#33 Edited by rockhardrooster (26 posts) -

@jakemoore1106: Depends very much on what you're looking for. To me, my Vita is amazing, because of all the great PS1 games (and some PSP games that I missed out on).

But the actual Vita games are not quite as hot. There are a few that I like; Gravity Daze, P4G of course, Soul Sacrifice, Dragon's Crown (won't be getting that one, but it's a quality game if that's what you're looking for, I gather), Metal Gear Solid Collection, Muramasa, PSO2 (PSO2 PC is better though, in every single way. But grinding away at it while lying in the couch sure beats sitting in front of a computer!), Lumines (though pretty much the same as every other Lumines game), Spelunky on the Vita, and a few others I can't remember the names of...

So I'd say: got a PSP backlog and/or love PS1 games? You could almost get it just for that, along with P4G and/or some other Vita games. If you're not so hot on older games for a new system, unless you REALLY want to play some of these few good Vita games, maybe not so much.

If you do end up getting one get the 32GB memory for it though! Pricy, yes, but you'll thank yourself later when you don't have to swap cards or keep deleting/redownloading games.

Edit: Personally my Vita is tied to the Japanese PSN, by the way, so I don't get games like Guacamelee for it. There are tons of indie games and cool stuff that EU/NA gets, but I want to play my games in Japanese because I'm crazy, and they don't get half the cool shit we do. (And games are fucking expensive in Japan, dunno if you heard)

#34 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1232 posts) -

$200 is getting close but for me it is not close enough to a good price point to justify it. The only game I want is P4G. The rest of them are out on other systems so if I wanted to play them I can play them some where else. Plus, my 3DS has been filling my handheld needs, I mean I have two 3DS and like 5 games (but they are 5 incredible games, though I do borrow my brother's 3DS games).

#35 Posted by Aviar (408 posts) -

I'd really like to get one, but still just don't know if I can justify the $200 on it. I'd like to get one around Black Friday as Amazon had a great deal last year I can kick myself for not buying then. But I have a feeling with the PS4 being release around that time and getting a launch day system, the Vita may get pushed back again.

Hopefully there will be an "official" price drop after the release of the PS4 to boost the sales of the Vita. That's when I would probably pull the trigger on one.

#36 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

My Vita was probably one of my best recent gaming purchases. I purchased a used Vita on eBay for $150 Shipped, it included a Wifi/3G Vita in mint condition, 8GB Card, Lumines, Rayman, Charger/USB Cord and Travel Bag. I sold my 8GB card after a week and upgraded to a 32GB. I commute daily to work and often am too lazy to sit down and play my PS3/PC, so this way I get to play a good 2 hours of games daily, often will play at work as well.

If you check out my "Lists" you'll see for games played in 2013 the majority has been Vita games. I am treating my Vita as a mostly a digital handheld and due to PS+ have not spent much on digital games. The Vita has also sucked me back into JRPGs (I have dumped 18 hours into Persona 3 Portable in 5 work days, and as someone who doesn't game that much anymore that's quite a bit of time for me).

I love my Vita and am pleased to be playing through some old favorite PS1 games, some PSP titles I missed (I sold my PSP when I got my Vita) and some new games.

#37 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

Mmmm, I dunno. I would like one, but $200 is still kinda steep for something I'm not sure I'd use too terribly much. Now, $150... Yeah, I'd probably settle on that.

#38 Posted by spookytapes (261 posts) -

I traded a broken PS3 in for one, no regrets. Persona 4 is great. Mutant Blobs and Guacamelee are great. Gravity Rush is great. Being able to use it as a remote PS4 is going to be great.

#39 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@aviar: @noobsauceg7: @artelinarose: $200 is well worth the price of admission. I got mine when the Amazon Black Friday deal last year (HA aviar!) and I paid $200 for it at checkout, mainly because I wanted it shipped to me ASAP. But it's well worth the money. There's not a ton of full Vita games but the ones that are there are pretty damn good. When you look at the Vita from a distance, it doesn't look that great, but man, once you get your hands on it, you fall in love. It's a fantastic machine. If you have PS+, then it'll be well worth the money since you'll have 8 games for it when you get it. Indie titles on the Vita should be the only way to play them. They play so much better and on that little screen, the games look much better then they do on a tv. Hotline Miami on Vita is the best way to play that game. There are some unique titles on the Vita and more coming. Tearaway is the game that made me want a Vita and the Black Friday deal + the IGC for Vita is what made the plunge well worth the investment. There's also a Japanese games sale happening the next 2 weeks with 50-75% off like 20 games so if you want to buy one, you can buy a bunch of those games half off (or more) and have some titles to play if you decide to get one. If you didn't play much PS1+PSP games, there's a bunch of those on there to. If you're interested in the thing, get it. You'll fall in love with the thing. If not, you can sue me. The only people who don't seem to love their Vita's are the people who literally won't try any other game on the device which is sad because it has some great titles (Gravity Rush!).

#40 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Amen

#41 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Cool deal! Maybe if I buy this and lose it too, it will end up next to my other lost Vita and then it will surely be easier to find it. Solution found!

#42 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
#43 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

I love my vita, and I really hope more and more indie dev's flock to it. I think a lot of peoples initial problem with the system was that they weren't willing to spend $40 on handheld games when they can buy $1 games for their phone. But $10-$15 games like Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, etc. make a lot more sense and provide a better gaming experience than phone games imo. And if you have plus, you already get a couple of vita games for free.

#44 Posted by AlmightyBoob (71 posts) -

Considering the price of the memory cards, $200 is still WAY too high right now.

#45 Edited by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Considering the price of the memory cards, $200 is still WAY too high right now.

It's only the price of 32GB that are insane, but you can use the content manager to quickly move stuff from your Vita to your Computer/PS3 to free up space. I have probably 12-15 Vita games, 2 PSP and 5 PS1 games on my 32GB Card right now and I move things off when I beat them or have no intention of playing them anytime soon when I just got something new.

#46 Posted by AlmightyBoob (71 posts) -

@almightyboob said:

It's only the price of 32GB that are insane, but you can use the content manager to quickly move stuff from your Vita to your Computer/PS3 to free up space. I have probably 12-15 Vita games, 2 PSP and 5 PS1 games on my 32GB Card right now and I move things off when I beat them or have no intention of playing them anytime soon when I just got something new.

Just checked Amazon and the 4GB card still costs more than a 16GB micro SD card. Just Sony being Sony...

#47 Edited by BluPotato (397 posts) -

To be fair I remember hearing (don't know if this is true) that vita sd cards are high grade cards, the memory is faster for transfers. This is the only reason i heard behind the high cost of the cards.

The Vita is turning out to be a pretty cool little system, it got way more use than my 3ds until Fire Emblem came out and Nintendo stepping up there game on the 3ds.

#48 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: man, I miss Ryan. That show was great. He really went after the BS those two particular gamespot guys get away with tossing around.

The Vita is some nice hardware. Not enough interesting stuff on it foe $200 + memory card consumer abuse tho.

#49 Edited by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

@tourgen said:

@bigjeffrey: man, I miss Ryan. That show was great. He really went after the BS those two particular gamespot guys get away with tossing around.

The Vita is some nice hardware. Not enough interesting stuff on it foe $200 + memory card consumer abuse tho.

Other than Persona 4 Golden, that Snippet of Ryan is the most entertainment i've gotten from the VITA. HE Ripped him a new asshole.

#50 Posted by AlmightyBoob (71 posts) -

To be fair I remember hearing (don't know if this is true) that vita sd cards are high grade cards, the memory is faster for transfers. This is the only reason i heard behind the high cost of the cards.

The Vita is turning out to be a pretty cool little system, it got way more use than my 3ds until Fire Emblem came out and Nintendo stepping up there game on the 3ds.

They are fairly slow from what I heard.