#1 Edited by Cedogamer (12 posts) -

I'm am interested in both of these handhelds yet I still have questions about the 3 ds and if it has many non nintendo action oriented games? if so can you please list some also for the ps vita I am wondering will there a support from developers not necessarily the flood if 3ds games but a steady flow and willingness to support the system and have games released at a reasonable rate I'm leanin toward the ps vita due to its games appeal to me more and the fact that I would get ps + for my ps vita and ps3 also if this helps I have not played many games or exclusives on the ps3 so I was wondering if this would be another reason to own the vita. Owning the vita would let me play may old series of metal gear solid and person wich I have never played. Finally feel free to answer or state your own thoughts on the systems and if you own one or both list some games and pros and cons you see in these systems thank you so much in Advanced

#2 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

I say go with the vita if you want more mature rated games.

#3 Edited by Hunkulese (2833 posts) -

You already answered your own question. If you're more interested in the games on the Vita get a Vita.

#4 Posted by Cedogamer (12 posts) -

I am wondering though am I missing any big titles on the 3ds at the moment I. Can think of

1 kid Icarus

2 residential evil

3 legend of Zelda

4 Mario Luis dream team

5 Mario kart 7

6 super Mario bros

7 Mario 3d land

As you can see many of these are Nintendo games what are some action or any good games for that matter that are non nintendo. I am not bashing trashing the 3ds games hell it has tons of games but what are some non Nintendo games???

#5 Edited by Pessh (2460 posts) -

Theatrhythm is dope. SMT IV?

#6 Posted by Jaytow (703 posts) -

PLAY THE GAME

#7 Posted by djou (878 posts) -

3DS will always be dominated by first party games, so if your into the Nintendo IPs then that's the system for you. Vita although it has a few Sony developed action games (Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Sly, GoW), but the best games are the indie ports and the weird stuff from Japan (Hotline Miami and Persona 4, Vanillaware stuff.) I don't own a 3DS since I don't currently have any attachment to their series, so I would side toward a Vita especially if you plan to get a PS4 or own a PS3.

#8 Posted by believer258 (12082 posts) -

I say go with the vita if you want more mature rated games.

So what games would you recommend? I haven't played a Vita, except a few times at the local stores, but there aren't many games on the system that are often recommended that are also mature rated.

I am wondering though am I missing any big titles on the 3ds at the moment I. Can think of

1 kid Icarus

2 residential evil

3 legend of Zelda

4 Mario Luis dream team

5 Mario kart 7

6 super Mario bros

7 Mario 3d land

As you can see many of these are Nintendo games what are some action or any good games for that matter that are non nintendo. I am not bashing trashing the 3ds games hell it has tons of games but what are some non Nintendo games???

Resident Evil isn't a Nintendo game.

Fire Emblem, while a Nintendo game, is certainly different from what you've listed. It's a turn-based strategy game with a pretty good story about wars, time travel, monsters, and such.

If you want to dig into something mature on the surface (i.e. there's blood, foul language, and some tame nudity) as well as mature in the sense that its story has actual impact, then Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS is probably the best out of what's available for both systems. It's a turn-based RPG, though, not an action game. You should still check it out if that's what you're looking for.

Ghost Recon: Shadow Warrior is another turn based strategy game. I don't know much about this one, either, but it's well-liked by some that played it.

Monster Hunter is an action-RPG full of boss fights that you might want to check out, though it takes some dedication and effort to learn how to play it well.

Toward the end of this year, Batman Arkham Origins will be coming out on both platforms, though I don't know if it will actually be any good. It is an action game, however, and being a Batman product in 2013, it will more than likely aim for a darker story. It will probably look better on the Vita but the 3DS version might have some touch screen features - research this one more.

In addition to Arkham on the Vita, there's Soul Sacrifice, an action RPG where you fight big bosses. I don't know tons about it either but there's a Quick Look on this site. It's kind of the Vita's answer to Monster Hunter.

Also on the Vita is Sly Cooper, a platformer/stealth game/action game.

If you're looking for a solid answer - well, I'm not you, so I can't give you a solid answer. But I'd say that if you don't like Nintendo games, then don't buy a Nintendo product. You should probably look into getting a Vita.

#9 Posted by xyzygy (10062 posts) -

Personally I would go for a 3DS hands down, but it sounds like you've already made your mind up. If you don't like Nintendo why even make this thread and consider a 3DS?

#10 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

Honestly at this point I think it's crazy to buy a Vita.

The only thing that will come close to the steady stream of games you want is apparently going to be indy ports. Big game development on that thing has dried up already. And if you want to play the old MGS games, you already have a PS3.

That said, if you're not into Nintendo franchises, which is odd, that cuts out a lot of the 3DS appeal too.

#11 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

3DS has a lot more variety in games as it seems, but I enjoy having my Vita (mainly because I'm a crazy person). It seems like you're in that same camp. If you don't like Nintendo stuff and already have PS+, I'd say go for it.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8457 posts) -

1 kid Icarus

2 residential evil

3 legend of Zelda

4 Mario Luis dream team

5 Mario kart 7

6 super Mario bros

7 Mario 3d land

And most importantly