#1 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

What are some good games for PS2 that haven't been made into an HD collection? I've played a lot of games, so try to recommend something out there. RPG games are my favorite. Some I've played and loved include Shadow Hearts 1 and 2, Persona 3, 4, Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, FFX, Tales of Abyss, etc...

Thanks.

#2 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

Well SMT: Nocturne is really good, but any of the SMT games would work

#3 Posted by 9999dmg (132 posts) -

Dragon Quest VIII or Suikoden III, hands down my two favorite PS2 RPGs.

#4 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I second Dragon Quest VIII (I should really finish that game...), and veto anyone who recommends Final Fantasy XII. While I bet it picks up when more characters are added to your party, Vaan is perhaps the most dreadful protagonist in video games. And the camera controls are inverted. And you can't change it.

Even though it isn't an RPG, Shadow of the Colossus has similar trappings, and is almost as perfect as a game can get.

#5 Posted by DeF (4955 posts) -
#6 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

There are so many good choices... Have you ever played a Star Ocean game? 'Til the End of Time is out there.

#7 Posted by ch3burashka (5175 posts) -

RPG's are fine and all, but how about a nice dose of Steambot Chronicles, AKA Bumpy Trot?

#8 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Knave: Dark Cloud 2! Maybe not super-RPG, but more people need to play that fucking amazing game.

#9 Posted by biggiedubs (503 posts) -

@DeF said:

As in the other thread, I recommend you check out Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter

I also recommend that, but you should take in mind that that game is balls hard.

@CH3BURASHKA said:

RPG's are fine and all, but how about a nice dose of Steambot Chronicles, AKA Bumpy Trot?

Yeah, Steambot Chronicles! I love that game, but mostly because of the whole, riding around in a robot thing. I think everything else in that game was a bit meh.

Rogue Galaxy was okay, even if it did get a bit boring near the end. Xenosaga might be worth a look.