PS3 Or Korg Kaoss Pad 3

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen

This is quite a weird question, but I got enough monies on the side for one of these lovely objects. I've been considering getting a PS3 for a while, only having a 360 there are some good exclusives I've missed out on. But does that really justify the £210 ($400) I would pay for it. I mean once I get through MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance, God of War and Uncharted It will just collect dust. The other reason is that I haven't got a PS2 to play Persona on, and that has been a real bummer. 

On the other hand we have a sampler that looks like a hell of a lot of fun, but at the same time, abit novel. I don't use hardwear at all currently in my production, but it also looks as if it would be a killer MIDI controller (that I would have to get around to buying the extra wires, which I probably never will). 
Although it's probably something I should miss untill I am earning somemore monies, since its going on ebay for £225 ($420). 

And of course is the option to fuck them both and have £210 in the bank for my pleasure.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hamst3r

That's a tough decision.

I see The Kaoss pad as more of a live performance tool than a production tool. Plus I think it's novelty will indeed wear off if you're not already a fanatic about "performing" your stuff in live with hardware - you'll find it easier and faster to just enter stuff into your software manually per usual.

As for the PS3 - if that's all you're gonna play on it and the BluRay stuff doesn't interest you...perhaps that would be money best spent elsewhere. Can you get a used PS3 for less? Can you rent a PS3? I remember being able to rent SNES and Genesis systems from the video store, but that was a long while ago, haha. Oh and what about borrowing a PS3? Let someone use your 360 for a week while you catch up on PS3 games. Just some ideas - probably ones you've already thought of, but whatever. :)

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mattysen
@Hamst3r: Haha, I think the days of console renting are long gone. My brother does have a PS3, and I did suggest to him that we swap consoles for a while, however he uses it all the time for Blu-Ray. I guess I will have to make due until I have more reason to get a PS3. As for the Kaoss Pad, I guess your right. I don't currently do meany gigs, and when I do nobodys really fussed if I just mix somethings from my laptop. I'll have to find some other use for the £210 then. Thanks
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would opt for the Kaoss pad myself, my Technics would love one of those.