PS3 or XBox 360?

vitadellajan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vitadellajan

I am thinking of buying one of them but i dont know which one to get. I am used to the playstation paddles. I know Xbox has Halo which is a plus for that. But I also want to use it as a computor in my bedroom. So which ever one is better at online. Just give me your reasons why you like one of them.

noextralife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By noextralife

Well I own both, and they each have there value, ps3 is hot at the moment with games like uncharted 2 and a strong upcomming line up and as a peice of hardware is abit more reliable than the 360 and has the blueray drive, as for online though the 360 is in my opinion stronger due to a larger community (if abit hit and miss) and more multiplayer focused games, plus everyone having a headset is a plus, only other arguement is that the 360 being out longer has a much larger back catalogue of games.

They are both great systems so its really down to your individual taste in game franchises

Edit -  overlooked you saying you want to use it as a computer in your bedroom, if thats the case then it would need to be the ps3 as its the only system with a web browser.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

The PS3 is a better console but the 360 is better in pretty much everything else - at the moment, the way I see it.  Check out the libraries and future games as that is what it is all about.  Sorry, not much help.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mhkjtha

PS3 by far.
Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Dragonseer
@vitadellajan said: 

But I also want to use it as a computor in my bedroom. 

If you get one of the older PS3 models (not the slim) you can install linux, and do all kinds of computing on that.  The PS3 web browser is pretty good too, and online is free.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax
@vitadellajan said:
"  
I am used to the playstation paddles.

I cannot answer this questions due to you calling the controller a "paddle"
banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By banksrob
@mhkjtha said:
" PS3 by far. "
Fanboy much? on a side not i would say the PS3 if you want to use a web browser
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@natetodamax said:
" @vitadellajan said:
"  
I am used to the playstation paddles.

I cannot answer this questions due to you calling the controller a "paddle" "
Holy shit that word.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Akeldama

PS3

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By flaminghobo

Damn, I just used my flame shield.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dbz1995

Isn't this pure flame-bait? Probably not the dude's fault, but, even so, it is against the forum rules.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf

If you want to browse the internet with it then you have to get the PS3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy
@dbz1995 said:

" Isn't this pure flame-bait? Probably not the dude's fault, but, even so, it is against the forum rules. "

It IS pure flame-bait. I don't understand why people reply to these posts and help the flaming of consoles. 
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I would buy a PS3. It has more value than an Xbox 360, and is also more reliable.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mhkjtha
@banksrob said:
" @mhkjtha said:
" PS3 by far. "
Fanboy much? on a side not i would say the PS3 if you want to use a web browser "
why the hell would you browse the internet  on a console?

sorry about that, games for windows live has made me really really biased against anything microsoft related when it comes to gaming
lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lawlerballer

neither, get a gameboy so you can play the pokemans 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten
@xyzygy said:
" @dbz1995 said:

" Isn't this pure flame-bait? Probably not the dude's fault, but, even so, it is against the forum rules. "

It IS pure flame-bait. I don't understand why people reply to these posts and help the flaming of consoles.  "
Ignorance is bliss, as they say
Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Feser

The xbox has Mass Effect coming out, and with a nice set of shooters you will know what you are getting. But with the PS3 you have a lot of awesome games that I, personnally, never see coming (as in the case of Uncharted, I didn't expect it to be that good), and as such will probably give you better variety. Can you guess which console I like better?  
PS Does anyone know if LBP is still played?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Evilsbane
@vitadellajan: Well dude I will say that for online use the PS3 is vastly superior you don't even have that option on the Xbox and Sony Finally decided to actually get some quality games beside just riding their brand name in fact they have almost convinced me to buy one So even though I think the Xbox is superior in many ways for what you want the PS3 sounds like your cup of tea.
manurok1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By manurok1

I only have the 360 but I'd go for it because it has great exclusives and loads to come next year, great online and it's cheaper. Go for the 360 (Y)

Tynian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tynian

360 have the best catalog, but PS3 is catching up really fast. However, if you want to use it as a computer, Ps3 is the way to go. 360= no web browser.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Playstation 3 for me.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By m1k3

If your going for best value, then PS3
If your going for best online, then 360

My ps3 is mostly my single player system, while my 360 is for when i wanna get online. i still use my ps3 for online stuff, but i dont have that many friends that own a Ps3... yet.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nanikore

I would say PS3.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hamz
@dbz1995: It is arguably a possible flamebait topic but the OP is looking for guidance and help with a future investment and purchase. So I'd like to think users could put fanboyish rants aside and give a bit of advice to a member of the community in need. Obviously though if people start stepping out of line be sure to flag their post or contact a moderator :)

As for answering the topic creator's post I would personally go with the PS3 myself. The argument that the 360 has better online compared to the PS3 is valid to a certain extent but the overall differences between the two are rather minor in my opinion. The only major difference is the PS3 has free online, the 360 you must pay to play online.
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Djeffers03
From an owner of both I have to say that by now the ps3's lineup of exclusives (and future exclusives) is a lot stronger. The ps3 has uncharted, ratchet and clank, mgs, mag, heavy rain, killzone, infamous... while xbox only really has halo, gears, forza, l4d (kinda) and banjo kazooie (still great though). Xbox live I still more advanced than psn but both are very good. I have to say that from the recent price drop that the ps3 is worth the money a little more than the 360.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By subject2change
@Tynian said:
" 360 have the best catalog, but PS3 is catching up really fast. However, if you want to use it as a computer, Ps3 is the way to go. 360= no web browser. "
That is an opinion and fortunately for someone without a 360 and a decent PC you can play most if not all the "360" exclusives you would desire. Personally despise the Halo series and have since the launch listening to non-gamers talk about Halo sessions in college made me lol hard when I was playing competitive Counter-Strike/Counter-Strike:Source. Sony right now has more desirable (in my opinion) range of original and exclusive IPs; from Shooters to action games to rpgs. Fortuantely for me I have a good computer and could play most if not all the current 360 exclusives on that.

To me the main 360 exclusives and ips are;

Halo, Gears, Forza, Mass Effect, 1 vs 100 and upcoming Splinter Cell: Conviction.

PS3:
Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, inFamous, Killzone, Resistance, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, God of War.

Best online is a matter of opinion and where your friends are on. The 360 is heavily popular because at the time it was the cheaper system, the first "current" gen and had a lot of good IPs attached to it. Personally I don't online game much on console and the fact that PSN is free, Mics/Headsets aren't bundled with PS3s and the owner base is generally older are positives for me. The biggest disappoint is no private chat during games and that's coming.

Don't get me wrong i'll have a 360 sometime next year for Splinter Cell; but right now I feel Sony is on top and MS has already hit their peak with the 360.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By MKHavoc

A this point, they're so similar feature and price wise that it makes the most sense to buy the one that most of your friends have.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By ez123

What other games do you like that aren't Halo? Come on guy, help us out, the fanboys are taking over.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidSwords

DS
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dbz1995

How much money do you have, duder?

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By justinnotjason

LaserDisk.

videogamer939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By videogamer939

If you want to "use at as a computer in your room", the PS3 is better for that.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ

OnLive.  Seriously, there are tons upon tons of these everywhere and I'm sure you can do a quick Google search to see the positives and the negatives of each possibility.

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HAMMERCLAW
@vitadellajan:
Yes.
Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fbomb

PS3, since you want to use it as a computer. Everything else, do your own gaming research. You know what you like/dislike.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By AgentJ

I give the library advantage to the 360, but it can't browse the web, so the PS3 would probably be a better choice. The problem is that neither have a word processor. Maybe you should get a netbook and then a console to go with it

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bubahula

i say 360. but you need to do research yourself and figure out what YOU want. not what other people say

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By VisariLoyalist

warning, warning, flame war imminent, duck and cover people duck and cover!!!

febsampen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By febsampen

i would go for the ps3 for these reasons: It has built in wifi so you wouldn't need to connect it directly to an Ethernet cable if you have a wireless router. The PSN (playstation Network) is free to all playstation owners, and is great for online play. also the psn has the playstation store which is great for downloading free demos, videos, trailers, wallpapers and themes and psn games which only cost you little. Go and search more on the internet, many websites should have discounts in xmas time.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Akeldama

Playstation 3 is just a flatout better deal. Go for it.

bluerei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bluerei

I have both, and now with Netflix coming to the PS3, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't get a PS3. It only does everything.™

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Well, if you want to use it as a computer as well, then the answer is PS3. The 360 doesn't have a web browser.

bounce2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bounce2

Do a coin toss, PS3 heads, 360 tails.

If PS3 wins and your immediate reaction is awww ... then get the 360. And vice-versa of course.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Captain_Insano

Is it just me or is this topic the worlds most obvious attempt to start a flame war? (although most people seem to have avoided this).

1. The dude has 1 post and has not posted since

2. Typical cliches 'I like Halo' 'Playstation paddles' = acting naive

3. Hmmm, someone who has NO idea about games, but doesn't mention Wii at all, therefore showing that they know enough about games to know that no one on Giantbomb treats the Wii overly seriously as a contender for this type of discussion so he instead highlights PS3 vs 360

Mods, what are you guys doing? I know one of you saw it might be a flame thread but 'gave it a chance' but damn. A sledgehammer to the head is subtler than this thread.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xyzygy
@Captain_Insano said:
" Is it just me or is this topic the worlds most obvious attempt to start a flame war? (although most people seem to have avoided this).  1. The dude has 1 post and has not posted since  2. Typical cliches 'I like Halo' 'Playstation paddles' = acting naive  3. Hmmm, someone who has NO idea about games, but doesn't mention Wii at all, therefore showing that they know enough about games to know that no one on Giantbomb treats the Wii overly seriously as a contender for this type of discussion so he instead highlights PS3 vs 360  Mods, what are you guys doing? I know one of you saw it might be a flame thread but 'gave it a chance' but damn. A sledgehammer to the head is subtler than this thread. "
Yeah I know huh? It's so annoying when these threads are posted. I think there should be a rule or something against "Console 1" vs. "Console 2" threads. In theory, people could have legitimate discussions about the topic... but in reality, it's all just a bunch of kids wanting a certain game on their system, or wanting to feel special because they own said system. Nothing good ever comes of it. In my eyes this was an obvious attempt just to get a bunch of people riled up - the guy posted this last week and hasn't posted anything back since.