• 93 results
#51 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Why don't we get S if we got the plat but not the DLC shit?  Shouldn't we get S if we got Plat? "
Which game?  And how does that work for the xbox side? Because didn't they base their code off of that?  I'm just guessing here.
#52 Posted by kagekage (704 posts) -
@RHCPfan24: same lmao the most i got as from resistance and that was only 24%
#53 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Mattzz10 said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" Why don't we get S if we got the plat but not the DLC shit?  Shouldn't we get S if we got Plat? "
Which game?  And how does that work for the xbox side? Because didn't they base their code off of that?  I'm just guessing here. "
Biohazard 5 for me...
#54 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@artofwar420 said:

" This is exactly why Giant Bomb is the shit. 

Giant Bomb buys you dinner then a movie.
"
they need to capitalize that S in PlayStation  
It should say  
"PlayStation Network"
i know its minor but it stands out to me
#55 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

Awesome!  Can't wait to show of my AWESOME trophy collection.

#56 Edited by artofwar420 (6299 posts) -
@TwoOneFive: Or it could say PS Network. They don't spell out Xbox, as DIRECT X BOX, bet you didn't know that.
#57 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

Ah, this is great news! I'm going to check mine out right now.

#58 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3452 posts) -

YES!

#59 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" But wait a second, why is it all measured in points like Achievements? I was looking through some peoples trophies and all the games have a different a weird number, like 980 and 1080 and like 2160. (Whereas all 360 retail games have 1000) How does this system work? "
Seems like they implemented a point system, where bronze = 10, silver = 40, gold = 75, and platinum = 100.
#60 Posted by Jeff (3654 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" they're inaccurate, some of these i have and some of then i don't.  it's fine, because it was just implanted. still a great feature. thanks GB :D  "
Go to your console, go to the trophies icon, hit triangle, and hit "sync with server." 

We're going to keep an eye on this stuff over the next few days, but my early hypothesis is that you'll have to do that now and then to make sure that playstation.com gets your latest trophies. Once they're showing on the site, we should be able to grab them when we update. 

I'm writing a longer, full-on post that'll go into more detail, but want to quickly address this one since it's something that we noticed in testing. I earned Katamari trophies that didn't automatically update at all, but showed immediately after I told it to sync.
Staff Online
#61 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Jeff: Thankee sai.
#62 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" they're inaccurate, some of these i have and some of then i don't.  it's fine, because it was just implanted. still a great feature. thanks GB :D  "
Go to your console, go to the trophies icon, hit triangle, and hit "sync with server."  We're going to keep an eye on this stuff over the next few days, but my early hypothesis is that you'll have to do that now and then to make sure that playstation.com gets your latest trophies. Once they're showing on the site, we should be able to grab them when we update.  I'm writing a longer, full-on post that'll go into more detail, but want to quickly address this one since it's something that we noticed in testing. I earned Katamari trophies that didn't automatically update at all, but showed immediately after I told it to sync. "
I shall try this with my Guitar Hero Metallica situation.
#63 Posted by AjayRaz (12460 posts) -
@Jeff: will do. thanks jeff 
#64 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Still no luck with Metallica. I should just let it go now.

#65 Posted by Weeber (36 posts) -
Pretty awesome they have all the achievements in one now, thanks guys.
#66 Posted by Smarter_Martyr (592 posts) -

I'm smiling.

#67 Posted by Tearhead (2197 posts) -

FUCK YES!!

#68 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

ARG! Then you guys will see that I have even less of a life! 
Oh well..

#69 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Cool stuff. Thanks to the staff.

#70 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4897 posts) -

Hell yeah.

#71 Posted by Jeff (3654 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" Still no luck with Metallica. I should just let it go now. "
We don't update in real time so you'll have to wait for your next update to know for sure. Or, actually, your best bet would be to log out of playstation.com and view your public profile page. Those are the trophies we see when we update you. If they still aren't showing there, then we won't get them when our robots look at your profile. 

Sony's setup for this stuff is... less than perfect.
Staff Online
#72 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

This new feature is awesome, and yet it demonstrates how small my e-penis really is.

#73 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Yeah well I just deleted my old account to create a new one. So my achievements = 1

#74 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Seems now was a good time to have bought that Playstation 3 some weeks back. Nice going Giant Bomb :D !

#75 Posted by Bucketdeth (8041 posts) -

Fucking awesome!!!

#76 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @AjayRaz said:
Go to your console, go to the trophies icon, hit triangle, and hit "sync with server."  We're going to keep an eye on this stuff over the next few days, but my early hypothesis is that you'll have to do that now and then to make sure that playstation.com gets your latest trophies. Once they're showing on the site, we should be able to grab them when we update.  I'm writing a longer, full-on post that'll go into more detail, but want to quickly address this one since it's something that we noticed in testing. I earned Katamari trophies that didn't automatically update at all, but showed immediately after I told it to sync. "
aye-sir. 
#77 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
We don't update in real time so you'll have to wait for your next update to know for sure. Or, actually, your best bet would be to log out of playstation.com and view your public profile page. Those are the trophies we see when we update you. If they still aren't showing there, then we won't get them when our robots look at your profile.  Sony's setup for this stuff is... less than perfect. "
its what you get for free man. o well. can't complain. 
#78 Posted by zombie2011 (5028 posts) -

How do the total amount of points work, looking at some profiles all the games have different totals for game points.

#79 Posted by mordukai (7179 posts) -
@Jeff said:
We don't update in real time so you'll have to wait for your next update to know for sure. Or, actually, your best bet would be to log out of playstation.com and view your public profile page. Those are the trophies we see when we update you. If they still aren't showing there, then we won't get them when our robots look at your profile.    
  Sony's setup for this stuff is... less than perfect. "
I knew it! You guys are totally Xbox 360 fanboys...WINK, WINK...LOL
#80 Edited by Tearhead (2197 posts) -

I wonder if they'll be changing the Achievements section on game pages to Achievements/Trophies...

#81 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

Just got synced and now I have over 300 rare trophies/achievements! I'll enjoy this for the few minutes it'll last.

#82 Posted by Jeff (3654 posts) -
@Tearhead said:
" I wonder if they'll be changing the Achievements section on game pages to Achievements/Trophies... "
No, we won't. Lengthening the name just to accommodate the one crew out there that doesn't just call them "achievements" would be a poor use of screen space. Achievements has become the generic term for these sorts of things, so we're sticking with that in places where space is a commodity.

@zitosilva said:
" Just got synced and now I have over 300 rare trophies/achievements! I'll enjoy this for the few minutes it'll last. "
It'll take a day or two for the rarity to properly adjust and calcuate, so enjoy it while you can!
Staff Online
#83 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Wow, awesome!  Good job GB.  Finally the achievement feature of this site is complete.  I've got my steam, PS3, and 360 achievements being tracked :)

#84 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

by the way, not sure if this is something that will be updated or not, but I noticed this doesn't include PS3 trophies, it just says xbox live and steam for now.

#85 Posted by belaraphon (454 posts) -

awesome! now i can display how many trophies i fail at getting!

#86 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

Cool.  I've been wondering just what the GB crew has been up to all day today; I guess now I know.

#87 Edited by Guardian (318 posts) -

Test?  

PS. i don't like converting them into points. Why not just use what level we're at?

#88 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @Tearhead said:
" I wonder if they'll be changing the Achievements section on game pages to Achievements/Trophies... "
No, we won't. Lengthening the name just to accommodate the one crew out there that doesn't just call them "achievements" would be a poor use of screen space. Achievements has become the generic term for these sorts of things, so we're sticking with that in places where space is a commodity.

What if you combine the names? Like Achrophies, Troievements or, my personal favorite, Achroievephies.
#89 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -
@Jeff said:
We don't update in real time so you'll have to wait for your next update to know for sure. Or, actually, your best bet would be to log out of playstation.com and view your public profile page. Those are the trophies we see when we update you. If they still aren't showing there, then we won't get them when our robots look at your profile.  Sony's setup for this stuff is... less than perfect. "
I had multiple people tell me it's not showing up, when it is showing up when I log in and view it. And, yeah, no kidding. It must have been really hard to get this shit in the first place.
#90 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

What are trophies for? 

#91 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:
" What are trophies for?  "
PSN....
#92 Posted by artofwar420 (6299 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @SoothsayerGB said:
" What are trophies for?  "
PSN.... "
E-penor lengthening device. I got S rank.
#93 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

Nice