PS3.. You can do it..

McAnuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By McAnuff

I think the PS3 has made up a lot of ground this year and it's now my most played console of all three. This is mainly due to the free online and the fact that I haven't renewed my XBox Live gold account yet. Nintendo on the other hand (i think) have really abandoned the core gamer. I have not played a Wii game since Mario Galaxy (except for the very short time I had with Mario Kart). Let's hope Mad World for the Wii brings some love back to Nintendo for the serious gamer. 
On another note, why is it that I still find myself thinking games look better on 360 when Playstation is the superior spec'ed console. Is it that hard to program on? First party Sony games look great but when I have a choice to buy a game on 360 or PS3, I keep finding myself going for 360. I think this might turn around soon as I did buy Mirror's Edge and Far Cry 2 on PS3 and they both look great.

McAnuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By McAnuff

I think the PS3 has made up a lot of ground this year and it's now my most played console of all three. This is mainly due to the free online and the fact that I haven't renewed my XBox Live gold account yet. Nintendo on the other hand (i think) have really abandoned the core gamer. I have not played a Wii game since Mario Galaxy (except for the very short time I had with Mario Kart). Let's hope Mad World for the Wii brings some love back to Nintendo for the serious gamer. 
On another note, why is it that I still find myself thinking games look better on 360 when Playstation is the superior spec'ed console. Is it that hard to program on? First party Sony games look great but when I have a choice to buy a game on 360 or PS3, I keep finding myself going for 360. I think this might turn around soon as I did buy Mirror's Edge and Far Cry 2 on PS3 and they both look great.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gameboi

It's is common knowledge that the PS3 is harder to program for, but I think most developers have a handle on that now.  There are a lot of variables  to consider when comparing games on both consoles, meaning that everything other than the PS3 and 360 must be the same -- TV adjustments included.

I think you'd find that the  visible differences between most newer games on each (obviously mulitplatform titles) are negligible, if they even exist at all any more.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

The PS3's a great system but I'm afraid unless Sony get their marketing sorted it's not going to do any damage to the current hardware race.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90
mcanuff said:
"I think the PS3 has made up a lot of ground this year and it's now my most played console of all three. This is mainly due to the free online and the fact that I haven't renewed my XBox Live gold account yet. Nintendo on the other hand (i think) have really abandoned the core gamer. I have not played a Wii game since Mario Galaxy (except for the very short time I had with Mario Kart). Let's hope Mad World for the Wii brings some love back to Nintendo for the serious gamer. 
"
dude have you read the gaming news lately  ?
batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By batosaims

The ps3 had a really good year this year
even though they had flops like resistane 2 haze and socom

they made it up with high quality titles like little big planet and valkrya chronicles

true their online isnt up to par with xbox live

but you get what you pay for and for being free it isnt too shabby

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The Ps3 and X360 are basically the same in power. The graphical capabilities were just drastically overhyped

code305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By code305

yeah the PS3 and the 360 are dominationg the playing field and the Wii is sitting this one out. 

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cube
batosaims said:
"The ps3 had a really good year this year
even though they had flops like resistane 2 haze and socom

they made it up with high quality titles like little big planet and valkrya chronicles

true their online isnt up to par with xbox live

but you get what you pay for and for being free it isnt too shabby"
How in the fuck is Resistance 2 a flop?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
SmugDarkLoser said:
"The Ps3 and X360 are basically the same in power. The graphical capabilities were just drastically overhyped"
Until I see it (and maybe I'm being ignorant here) I still don't believe a 360 could run MGS4 or Killzone 2. I'm not saying 360 doesn't provide great looking games, Gears 2 is unbelievable.

Cube said:
How in the fuck is Resistance 2 a flop?

"
Haha exactly. That game hit the spot reviews-wise and sales-wise.
Loki557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loki557

The PS3 is definitely doing better this year but Sony continues to anger me with some stupid descisions and it still doesn't have as many good games as the 360 so I still prefer the 360 at the moment.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
get2sammyb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"The Ps3 and X360 are basically the same in power. The graphical capabilities were just drastically overhyped"
Until I see it (and maybe I'm being ignorant here) I still don't believe a 360 could run MGS4 or Killzone 2. I'm not saying 360 doesn't provide great looking games, Gears 2 is unbelievable.

But Gears 2 looks better than MGS4?  I don't understand what you're getting at.  Just look at Gears, Banjo, and the top tier of the graphics. 
To be honest, MGS4 isn't exactly a graphical beast.  It's good looking, but not really so special. 

Killzone 2 does look better than any 360 game.  That being said, it looks better than every PS3 game. It's not exactly just an average ps3 title.  But on that topic, it is a future title.  Look at stuff like fear 2 and whatnot and you'd realize that games are going to keep on looking better.  Killzone 2 is just ahead of everybody else.  It is a next year title afterall.

I think it's just a case of you not realizing that Gears 2 doesn't look like this
\

and  Banjo does not look like this

They look so much better.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar
daniel_beck_90 said:
"mcanuff said:
"I think the PS3 has made up a lot of ground this year and it's now my most played console of all three. This is mainly due to the free online and the fact that I haven't renewed my XBox Live gold account yet. Nintendo on the other hand (i think) have really abandoned the core gamer. I have not played a Wii game since Mario Galaxy (except for the very short time I had with Mario Kart). Let's hope Mad World for the Wii brings some love back to Nintendo for the serious gamer. 
"
dude have you read the gaming news lately  ?"
Yeah, and the news says the PS3 is standing its ground, and until you actually point out any specific news story i should pay attention to, I'm not going to do your homework for you.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah heres the deal, playstation 3 exclusives look superior, cross platforms do not always though. i mean look at how awesome uncharted, metal gear solid 4, ratchet, and even mlb 08 look! 

as long as they keep using the ps3 as the lead platform we'll be in good shape though. 
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phished0ne

I agree with  TwoOneFive, if developers would just learn the PS3 already*its a shame i have to even say that phrase* and use it as the lead development platform,  it would be the best for gaming as a whole. I've heard on podcasts that PS3 will port to XB360 pretty well, its just hard to do the other way around. All of Sony's first party titles have been prettty good so far, i'm really looking forward to Killzone 2, and with Trophies becoming manditory in 09...i am fixin to never leave my ps3...