PS4 Contoller on PC

LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Seeing Vinny use a DS4 on PC, I was wondering what he is using to get the DS4 to run?

I have been using a Xbox contoller but it has ghosting problems and im also trying to lessen the clutter in my gaming area so just using a DS4 for PC gaming would be a good move for me....any ideas? im open to either wireless or wired wit USB cord but would like to do USB route

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I found a link from Jeff's twitter a while back for a download to get the Ds4 working on Pc. Here it is. Make sure you download the latest version - DS4Tool 1.2.2

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Side question, were they emulating Castlevania today?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@slaps2 said:

I'm pretty sure they've been emulating it from the beginning. I don't know how they'd be able to use a modern controller if they weren't.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

I'm pretty sure they've been emulating it from the beginning. I don't know how they'd be able to use a modern controller if they weren't.

I'm kind of surprised by that. Though emulating NES games isn't the shadiest thing ever, I would assume a high-profile gaming site wouldn't want to be seen doing it.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@slaps2 said:

@themanwithnoplan said:
@slaps2 said:

I'm kind of surprised by that. Though emulating NES games isn't the shadiest thing ever, I would assume a high-profile gaming site wouldn't want to be seen doing it.

The simple act of running a game on an emulator is not illegal or necessarily shady. If you dump/rip an original copy of a game that you lawfully own and then you run that ROM on an emulator, then you've done nothing wrong. It's also fine to simply put a CD- or DVD-based game into your computer and play it right off the disc using an emulator. The shady part is when people download ROMs that they didn't generate themselves from their own physical games, since they never purchased a license for those ROMs. This also includes running an unlicensed BIOS on an emulator that they didn't dump from their own console.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@savage said:
@slaps2 said:

@themanwithnoplan said:
@slaps2 said:

The simple act of running a game on an emulator is not illegal or necessarily shady. If you dump/rip an original copy of a game that you lawfully own and then you run that ROM on an emulator, then you've done nothing wrong. It's also fine to simply put a CD- or DVD-based game into your computer and play it right off the disc using an emulator. The shady part is when people download ROMs that they didn't generate themselves from their own physical games, since they never purchased a license for those ROMs. This also includes running an unlicensed BIOS on an emulator that they didn't dump from their own console.

Another thing is: Do you or Nintendo even give a shit?

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flacracker: No. I'm just surprised.

@savage: Yeah, but I doubt they dumped there own ROM (I'm guessing that's more complicated than just downloading one), and nothing short of 90% of people download ROMs of games they don't own. I myself have done it plenty of times. I just find it odd for THESE duders to be streaming it that way, even if they did dump/rip their own ROM from Vinny's copy or something. To me, that seems a little unprofessional, and I would assume these duders were a little more classic console purist.