PS4 Controller petition

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johnnytoxic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnnytoxic
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sinusoidal

It is petty. I like them where they are. I'm sure there will be third party controllers laid out like Xbox controllers available. Buy one of those.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WalkerD

What the fuck? I'd like to leave my post at just that, but you can't be serious. You're starting a petition based off of a an unconfirmed picture of a prototype controller over the placement of sticks that have been in the same place for over a decade.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I know petitions are useless, but I'm just trying to gauge how many people are actually put off by the analogue stick position on Sony's controllers.

Would be interesting to find out how many frustrated others are out there. I wanted to buy a PS4; it seems petty but the controller would very much put me off purchasing.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-computer-entertainment-potential-buyers-want-a-controller-with-analogue-sticks-in-the-same-position-as-the-360-s-pad

Whether or not you are wrong, not everyone agrees with you. So all the petition would accomplishment is making you happy at the expense of others.

You are looking at it the wrong way. What you should be petitioning Sony for is the option to use any controller. Delete that petition and make a new one, this time for a proper cause.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaMisterChief

WE MUST CHANGE THE CONTROLLER BECAUSE why not.

One word Madcatz

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

3rd parties make Xbox-like controllers for the PS3, they'll make them for the PS4 eventually. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Also, online petitions are dumb.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

Yes, let's sign a petition to change a controller that does not exist yet.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@winternet said:

Yes, let's sign a petition to change a controller that does not exist yet.

This. Not to mention the fact that there are people who are okay with the DS stick layout.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the PS3 controller better than the 360 one. Switching to the D-Pad whenever a menu pops up feels totally natural too.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Hunter5024

Some unnecessary hostility in this thread. I prefer the PS3's placement of the analog stick. One thing I've noticed when I use my 360 controller is that because my thumb hits the stick at an angle, whenever I move forward my character is always tilted slightly to the side. On the ps3 my thumb rests on the analog stick at a right angle, so it doesn't matter. The analog placement literally doesn't matter at all to me however, they're both obviously designed to be accessible without trouble.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh yeah the PS3 sticks are awful. Too loose, too small, archaic position of the left stick, akward grip texture and they're not even concave.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What I don't get is that isn't the 360 controller's right analog stick in a similar position? If you can comfortably use it with your right hand I don't see what the problem is with doing the same with the left. Symmetry and all, right? And if it's not comfortable then copying that layout seems like a half-assed solution.

That said, I have no problem with how they're positioned on the PS3.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

It's all about preference. There are plenty of people that prefer the sticks this way.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

This is what I used when I had a PS3, hated the Dualshock 3. The base design of the DS3 is based on a 18 year old controller now, where the D Pad was the main point of controlling, now it is for menu options apart from fighting games and Arcade side scrollers.

No Caption Provided

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Atwa

@reckless_x said:

It's all about preference. There are plenty of people that prefer the sticks this way.

I am not sure, most people are just so used to the dualshock that they say that. Your fingers rest on the dpad/face button slot by default and yes you can get used to moving it down, but it feels way more natural I think for most people to have the stick placed as on the 360 controller. The right analog stick isn't used as much as the left which makes it OK for being down there.

@chibithor: You don't use the right stick as much, its only for camera while the left is always for movement.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa: What are you talking about the right stick is the "shoot dudes" stick!

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I know petitions are useless

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Is there a counter petition to this petition? I'd sign that.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@atwa said:

@reckless_x said:

I am not sure, most people are just so used to the dualshock that they say that. Your fingers rest on the dpad/face button slot by default and yes you can get used to moving it down, but it feels way more natural I think for most people to have the stick placed as on the 360 controller. The right analog stick isn't used as much as the left which makes it OK for being down there.

@chibithor: You don't use the right stick as much, its only for camera while the left is always for movement.

But just as you can say this, there are people out there that can use the same mentality against the 360 controller. I'm honestly in the middle on this whole discussion as I enjoy using both controllers. It's just silly to consider one side wrong and the other side infallible.

If you're against this layout, why not just go Xbox?

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bourbon_warrior said:

The base design of the DS3 is based on a 18 year old controller now, where the D Pad was the main point of controlling, now it is for menu options apart from fighting games and Arcade side scrollers.

Does it really make a difference? I mean, what about first person shooters? You're main point of controlling is both the analogue sticks, so why does nobody give a shit about the right stick placement?

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

Not always. For someone who primarily plays shooters that argument doesn't make a lot of sense, same for someone who mostly plays fighters or other games where they prefer using the d-pad.

It's just a matter of preference and getting used to it. Most who play games on an Xbox I'd assume are comfortable using the right analog stick as much as the left in FPS games, and PS3 owners are used to the left analog stick being where it is.

In any case I think they have more to lose than gain by changing the layout.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

@reckless_x said:

I am not sure, most people are just so used to the dualshock that they say that.

Xbox 360 controller fans have got to be the most hypocritical people on the planet. xD

And what's more, you guys actually have a third party controller that offers what you want from the official controller. I didn't even know about the third party controller. So you already have what you need, and you're still complaining. You guys don't realize how lucky you are.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By toowalrus

That's weird, because I definitely do not want them to change the Dualshock.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or you could just play with the sticks in the correct positions.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is stupid, you are stupid. The Playstation controller and the Xbox 360 controller are different but equally good, deal with it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I also prefer offset sticks ala the Xbox pad but some people prefer this and I doubt they change it.

The Xbox pad is basically perfect to me besides the D-Pad.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Are you fucking kidding?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I am so used to the Dual Shock at this point, any change will take some getting used to. Thought the leaked picture of the prototype controller actually looked really comfortable, and the analog positions are in the same place they have always been, which is fine.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF?

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh.

It begins.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I had to open the thread to see how much of a waste of time it would be to open it.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnytoxic: I own a PS2, got a Gamecube a few years later, then bought a Xbox 360 when it first came out and 4 years later also bought a PS3. Why am I saying this because the 4 years of owning the Xbox 360 with out owning the PS3 I always felt the XBox 360's controller just wasn't as comfortable as the PS2's was. For me I like the analogs where they are on PS systems, for me the directional buttons are much more usable where they are on the PS3 controller. Have you ever tried to use the directional buttons on the Xbox 360 controller alone say in a 2d plateformer? There just not in a good position because of the move of the Left analog stick. I also think the Xbox 360's controller is too thick, doesn't let any air flow through your hands which for me makes that controller a more sweaty controller. The only thing about the PS3 controller I don't like is how every shooter game defaults the gun controls to the RB and LB button's instead of the triggers!! I actually don't mind the PS3's triggers I just found it strange that they don't get more use, its like Sony hates them. For me the DuelShock3 controller is actually a more comfortable controller then the Xbox 360's, and I have put more hours into the Xbox 360's controller then the PS3's controller, If I could use the PS3's controller on the Xbox 360 with out buying some ridiculously expensive attachment I would.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Loading Video...

Why don't you just design a controller and use that?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By musubi

Yeah,good luck with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh... no. I kinda like the controller.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hhahahahahahahah

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hhahahahahahahah

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hhahahahahahahah

Loading Video...

I couldn't find a shorter one. So, mm.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had a problem with the Dualshock's stick layout in well over a decade of use, and I also very much like the 360 pad and use it as my only controller for PC. I have big-ass hands, too, and the stick layout has really never been an issue for me, although the general small size of the Dualshock has. I do hope they make it a bit bigger. Pinky hang is a problem.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A petition for sensible triggers would be more reasonable, I still wouldn't sign it however because petitions.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cloudnineboya

no! i hate xbox stick position but like^ said we do need better triggers,and bigger in genral

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame, no thanks. Get fun with a kinect 720 always on console.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: the problem is that those 3rd party controllers don't have sixaxis so they don't work with everygame.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understood why a player would want their sticks in either configuration over the other configuration.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really can't stand trying to use the sticks on the dual shock. And those triggers are fucking awful.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the 360 controller layout and having the stick up high.