#1 Edited by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

This is not a dispute but a simple question. I am simply wondering what you would do in my shoes. Money isnt a problem. I play alot of console and have never been into pc more than MMOs. But i really think PC is great. I am a diehard PlayStation fan. Since PS1 i have been into PlayStation. I also plan to start a YouTube channel. Which has been a longtime goal for me. and im going to be taking it very serious. Spending alot fo time on it playing a lot of games. From my perspective what would you do? Buy a PC and do it all on that or Buy PS4 and a capture card.

P.S. I WILL NOT JUST BE DOING ONE. I PLAN TO DO BOTH I CAN ONLY START ON ONE THOUGH. ALSO IM A LEFTY WITH A MOUSE.

Thanks, Mark aka DamageBuff

#2 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

We don't know what the final PS4 product will be so PC? Or C) Wait and C?

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

PS4 does Killzone.
Get that one. And Infamous.

#4 Edited by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

If you want to do Youtube stuff I would say PC is definitely the way to go.

#5 Posted by Andorski (5309 posts) -

Can you even do Youtube video recording on the PS4? I thought all that streaming stuff was going to be UStream.

#6 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

If the video stuff is such a big deal I'd have to say PC for the time being. Even if the PS4 does upload to Youtube, it goes without saying that you'll have much more flexibility over editing and uploading your videos on the PC.

#7 Posted by Pr1mus (3904 posts) -

Both.

#8 Edited by konig_kei (617 posts) -

LEFTY WITH A MOUSE?!?! GTFO! I'll get a next gen console when they have games I want otherwise I got a good Pc and a huge backlog.

#9 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

I decided to do both.

#10 Edited by zenmastah (912 posts) -

Lefty with a mouse, SteelSeries Sensei RAW has you covered.

And that mouse plugs into a PC so that solves all the other issues you might be having with what to start your promising Youtube career.

#11 Posted by Calico (10 posts) -

If you like the arcade games, best Play Station 4. But if you prefeer rol, simulators, strategy, first Person Shooter, graphic adventure (or explorer adventure), contruccion gemas as minecraft, rolertycon or Civilization, best than arcade video games, you plantform is the PC. its have different public, the PC and video console.

The PC have too old arcade games, for be playing whit emulators as MAME, but not can play whit the new arcade games. I like much the arcade games, that are distribuited for digital platform as PS Network, and XBox Live Arcade.

Too have the Valve Steam, one PC for living room, one PC as easy the use as the video console, but only have whit PC's games, not have the video games's console table cover arcade games, as Aquapazza, Caladrius, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Battle Star, ... that soon will put into the market.

#12 Edited by Rihanna (85 posts) -

#13 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

@rihanna: Came in here to post the same image.

#14 Posted by LackingSaint (1812 posts) -

As others have said, if money ain't no thing then get both. A good PC is always a solid investment, and the PS4 looks promising.

#15 Posted by PhantomGardener (464 posts) -

If money isnt a problem, why not both?

#16 Posted by Kepler (36 posts) -

If money isnt a problem, why not both?

He said he'll do both:

P.S. I WILL NOT JUST BE DOING ONE. I PLAN TO DO BOTH

I would say start with the PC 'cause it's always better to wait for (good) games to come out for the console. Also it'll be cheaper, so there.

#17 Posted by Excast (935 posts) -

I guess in that situation I would go with the computer as it is never a good idea to buy a console at launch. You will generally see either a price discount or upgraded hardware relatively soon in a system's life.

I probably won't pick up a PS4 til 2015 or so. But by then I imagine a lot of the problems will have worked themselves out and I will be paying less for a better piece of equipment than the first adopters.

#18 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

@zenmastah thank you for the mouse suggestion. I plan to build my own PC because it has a lot of upsides and PC gaming seems really amazing. I PC gamed before just not much. I ALSO plan on getting PS4. I didn't think I could do both but I can. Didn't know people would jump down my throat because I went back on my saying of not doing both. Its not like I commited a crime.

#19 Edited by Cameron (599 posts) -

Judging by every console launch pretty much ever, it will take six months to a year before there are more than a few good games for the PS4. I just find it difficult to justify launch console prices for a few games. Not that a PC is cheap, but it already has a huge library that you could use for content for your videos. As other people have said, it will also be much easier to edit on a PC than on the PS4. Even if the PS4 includes a basic video editor it isn't going to be anywhere near as good as the tools available on PC.

#20 Posted by Snail (8604 posts) -

If you're a PlayStation aficionado and enjoy the Sony exclusive franchises, then you should probably get a PS4 first. Its performance with games will be pretty much up to par with modern PC's by the time it launches anyway.

#21 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

I think i will be able to pull off PC and PS4 guys

#22 Posted by Calico (10 posts) -

The PC computer and video game console table-cover, have ,or had, a diferent public. If you like the arcade videogames, ... choise a video game console table-cover, it have the last arcade that came into the market.

But if you like, the simulator, graphic adventure, explorer games, rol, conduction cars, or strategy war games, you election will go to the PC computer. Wiht it too can play old arcade videogames from the pass video game console generation (e.g. PS3, XBox 360, PS2, XBox, Dreamcast), when the PS4, XBox 720 came to the market at the end the year 2013.

#23 Edited by Project_Night (1 posts) -

This is not a dispute but a simple question. I am simply wondering what you would do in my shoes. Money isnt a problem. I play alot of console and have never been into pc more than MMOs. But i really think PC is great. I am a diehard PlayStation fan. Since PS1 i have been into PlayStation. I also plan to start a YouTube channel. Which has been a longtime goal for me. and im going to be taking it very serious. Spending alot fo time on it playing a lot of games. From my perspective what would you do? Buy a PC and do it all on that or Buy PS4 and a capture card.

P.S. I WILL NOT JUST BE DOING ONE. I PLAN TO DO BOTH I CAN ONLY START ON ONE THOUGH. ALSO IM A LEFTY WITH A MOUSE.

Thanks, Mark aka DamageBuff

If you love Sony games, PS4. If you like only multiplatform, probably PC.

#24 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

Do you think playing console on youtube is looked down on? As maybe not being as professional? Pei ple on youtube make it seem like console is for scrubs.

#25 Posted by Sander (414 posts) -

I think if your goal is to get as many viewers as possible, then definitely PS4. PS4 will have all the buzz, the mainstream appeal and to start with may be a rare commodity.

#26 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

^^ thank you sir.

#27 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

PC first and wait for price drop on PS4 to see if that thing is worth getting.

#28 Edited by ProfessorEss (7366 posts) -

I'm rolling PC for the foreseeable future purely based on the price of games.

If Sony and Microsoft show no interest in evolving their software pricing structure I will have a hard time showing interest in their new hardware.

#29 Posted by zenmastah (912 posts) -

Yeah, if the initial cost of a decent PC seems high the games are so damn cheap its ludicrous.

Getting games at lauch for 30e-40e or even cheaper is such a plus in my mind i couldnt pay 60e at this point.

#30 Edited by crithon (3192 posts) -

I'll probably buy a PS4 3 years after it's release, but I'm curious how much PC game releases will come to PS4. Right now, Sony hasn't said anything about PSN download games transfering over.

#31 Edited by MeganeAgain (123 posts) -

Depends on what you value more. Your Youtube channel, or your gaming experience. If you want to improve your chances at having a popular Youtube channel, I recommend you pick up the PS4 on launch. People will be looking for opinions on the PS4 and its launch titles. If not, then buy/build a PC so that you may enjoy a ridiculously well-established video game library.

#32 Edited by Zelyre (1193 posts) -

If you want to start a youtube channel, you need a PC to do your gameplay capture, editing, and rendering. The better the PC, the more content you can create. Even if you want your Youtube channel to be dedicated to Playstation footage, you need to capture the video off your Playstation, edit, render, and upload it to Youtube.

If you're trying to make money, you either need to be professional as hell, advertise like a shameless whore, and be extremely lucky - or be willing to do a Teens react to people kicking you in the nuts while dancing gungam style to a cat playing drums while a baby does a let's play of Tekkit Minecraft Shadows of Israphael 9. Or be a cam whore and reply to every top Youtube video every day.

You'll also need to invest in a good microphone, a stand, and a pop shield. People create these super-awesome 2 minute 3d rendered intros to their videos and then when the actual content starts, it sounds like they're talking through a tunnel full of dicks.

You can always buy the PS4 later on, perhaps even after a price drop or re-design. While there will be a huge spike in Playstation interest when the PS4 comes out, is a gamer going to go to IGN, Giant Bomb, and Gametrailers? Or are they going to go to xX420SephyasharothXx's channel?

#33 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

PS4 won't have backwards compatibility and new consoles don't usually start getting a decent sized library of worthwhile exclusives for awhile. If you get one at launch it may sit around collecting some dust. Get a PC and then a PS4 a year or so after it releases and then catch up on the handful of games worth playing.

#34 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

From a library right now prospective, I would not expect PS4 to be that exciting in the first year (though from a streaming viewer count side PS4 will get a boost from the novelty). In the long term, there is not enough information to make a judgement call. It seems terribly unlikely, but there could be some crazy very high monthly fee associated with all basic functionality beyond single player on PS4. Or it could come out with slipped specifications and turn into a strictly 720p 30fps box up until the things go into mass production.

#35 Posted by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

both , not the xbox never the xbox

#36 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Sorry the mods now say "versus" threads are illegal.

This should now be locked.

#37 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

@Zelyre I totally agree. I understand everything you're saying. And I get it I think ill just do both. Its nice to not be limited to just one thing. But coming from a playstation fan youtube aside. Ill be buying ps4 day 1

#38 Edited by DorkPheasant (13 posts) -

I would go with pc, as an ex console gamer myself i found that there is more of a variety of games, and generally games are cheaper. There is a vast and excellent (for the most part) pc community, and with software like Steam it makes the pc gaming experience better than ever.

#39 Edited by Max_Cherry (1133 posts) -

In order to have a competitive YouTube channel you will need both. Go all out!

#40 Posted by DamageBuff (19 posts) -

@Max_Cherry definitely true sir

#41 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

My favourite franchises are on the PlayStation so PS4

#42 Posted by ProfessorOppai (1 posts) -

I'd go for a PC, even if you aren't bothered about the graphical differences. The fact is that PC games are just much cheaper, I'm personally not willing to shell out full-price for games anymore.

#43 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2219 posts) -

If it was me having to choose I would pick the PS4 because I've always been a console person and I love new consoles. There's an advantage to waiting on building a PC as components come down in price considerably in a shorter time frame than what a console would and new more powerful parts enter the market.

#44 Posted by Hzaife (160 posts) -

Ill always have a PC and always have a console, so both