#1 Posted by Caduceus77 (53 posts) -

I just placed my pre-order for the PS4 through Best Buy and while all the games say the generic December 30th, the PS4 says pickup on November 30th. Think this means anything or is just a fluke?

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3815 posts) -

I just don't see sony launching the console on a Saturday.

#3 Posted by expensiveham (289 posts) -

They said November at E3. The 30th is the last day of November so retailers are using that as a placeholder.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

They said November at E3. The 30th is the last day of November so retailers are using that as a placeholder.

When did they say November?

#5 Edited by McLargepants (356 posts) -

There's no way the system launches in America (and they mentioned doing a world wide launch) after Black Friday. Zero chance.

#6 Edited by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

Didn't Sony launch the PS3 on a Friday?

#7 Edited by mikey87144 (1649 posts) -

All they said was holiday. More than likely the first 2 weeks of November but only they know for sure.

#8 Edited by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

Probably because there's no way the PS4 is coming out with only 25 days till christmas and missing black friday (sure it won't be on sale but the increased traffic in stores is dumb to miss).

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@expensiveham said:

When did they say November?

They didn't and the latest these consoles can ship (in US) is anytime before Black Friday.

#10 Posted by Reisz (1455 posts) -

Fingers crossed for the 29th. Birthday PS4 for me.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Placeholder.

#12 Posted by mrfluke (5049 posts) -
#13 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

There's no way the system launches in America (and they mentioned doing a world wide launch) after Black Friday. Zero chance.

#14 Posted by Caduceus77 (53 posts) -

I thought it would release before Black Friday as well so I guess it's just a place holder. If anyone has pre-ordered, what games did you get? I grabbed Watch Dogs, Knack (for my son) and Need for Speed. I also picked up another controller.

#15 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Possibly October 29th I've heard. Topic is here.

#16 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5138 posts) -

Damn, it feels like it'll be forever before they come out. At least that gives me time to set aside more funds to buy some launch games.