#1 Edited by BoFooQ (673 posts) -

I was listening to the bombcast today and they said there was no way new console would be released on the same day, I agree. However, I think they should, lets start a console war. Why work together with your enemy? Think of what it would be like if both were released mid-September. Personally, I will probably wait till sometime next year to get one, but I would be more interested in getting one sooner to help out in the fight vs the other. Every week you could look at the numbers and know what system was winning.

You could make a one day like no other release in history. 2 lines waiting outside stores Sony or MS? 4 v 1 It would turn into a holiday for anyone who could get out of work/school. Pick a side and lets go to battle.

I know there are tons of forums and other places where fanboys from both side slamming the other. I don't normally join into those topics, but something hit me and the thought of MS and Sony going at each other in public seems fun. SO lets go to WAR

#2 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2294 posts) -

I can only imagine the stupidity that would happen during a midnight launch of PS4 and Xbox One coming out the same day.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (5079 posts) -

I hope not, I don't want to be associated with the lower life forms, the xboners.

#4 Posted by BillyTheKid (485 posts) -

I could see that being something that could cause some actually problems. People are dumb and it could start a real fight.

#5 Edited by Kidavenger (3548 posts) -

Are we not at the point yet where the majority of these will be purchased online?

I'll be getting mine from Amazon, standing in line is for the birds.

#6 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2294 posts) -

I could see that being something that could cause some actually problems. People are dumb and it could start a real fight.

Or killed.

#7 Posted by TheBox (11 posts) -

NO Point having a war, both consoles have something good about them either a certain game/exclusive or even just something one console has and the other doesn't.

Lets take 360 and PS3 for example, 360 had cross game chat PS3 had An Internet Browser which Xbox didn't have for ahwhile, and as we go into exclusives both had many

PS3 EXCLUSIVES:

Ratchet and Clank Series

Uncharted Series

Killzone Series

Little Big planet

XBOX EXCLUSIVES:

Halo Series

Gears Of War Series

Forza

Conclusion:

Both Consoles have and always will have something better then the other yeah maybe some of the games I mentioned aren't liked by one side of the console sides, but they are obviously a success such as LBP maybe not many people like the game and they think it's childish but there is so much to do in it that you don't even Know! And maybe the other side doesn't like Halo for what ever reason this Console war will always go on but in conclusion both sides are good in my eyes!

-TheBox

#8 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5021 posts) -

Everyone has a huge cock on internet forums, in line people would probably just stay quiet and keep moving forward. I mean the crap that people say to each other online. In real life i would clock you across the face if people told me off.

#9 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

More like Xbox 1 vs Consumers.

#10 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

MORTAL KOMBAT!!

Actually I just put my headphones on, and don't talk to anybody. Serves me well.

#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@billythekid said:

Or killed.

That already happened at some launch lines for the PS3 and 360.

#12 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

@thebox: your are forgetting Gran Turismo, God of War, Resistance, inFamous, MotorStorm, Yakuza for the PS3 and Dance Central for the 360.

#13 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2294 posts) -

@oscar__explosion said:

@billythekid said:

Or killed.

Did it really? I remember some people getting their systems stolen but never heard of any bloodshed.

#14 Posted by BoFooQ (673 posts) -

yeah there would clearly be physical actual problems somewhere if this were to happen, but like bigjeffrey said most people speak a much bigger game from the internet. Also yes I don't go and go and wait in lines for launches, but this would make me think about it. Like I said I currently have no plans on buying one this year but if you want to get me excited be open with dislike of your enemy.

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@billythekid said:

Or killed.

Did it really? I remember some people getting their systems stolen but never heard of any bloodshed.

I think in Minneapolis, MN there was a drive by at a PS3 launch.

#16 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2294 posts) -

@oscar__explosion said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@billythekid said:

Or killed.

Fucking hell man. People are fucking ca-razy!

#17 Posted by TheBox (11 posts) -

@jayjonesjunior: Was a quick reply, sorry was just making my point but thanks All brilliant games you mentioned to!

-TheBox

#18 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5480 posts) -
#19 Posted by believer258 (11901 posts) -
#20 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -

@believer258: That scene was way too long or it wasn't long enough.

#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

The consoles are going to end up releasing roughly around the same time, but them attempting to release on the same day is just a bad idea. The console manufacturers aren't doing it for a reason, it's not going to benefit them, and refraining from doing so is not "Working with the enemy". Even if they did do this, it'd be huge for people into games, but it wouldn't become a national holiday, and the last thing that needs to get fuelled is the silly console war fanboy mentality.

#22 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@oscar__explosion said:

@billythekid said:

Or killed.

Fucking hell man. People are fucking ca-razy!

Most, if not all, of the violence that occurred in launch lines last cycle was from people trying to rob those in line, many of whom were ebay scalpers carrying lots of cash. I don't know about this MN incident, but I seriously doubt it was motivated by console loyalty.

#23 Posted by conantheking (52 posts) -

@thebox said:

NO Point having a war, both consoles have something good about them either a certain game/exclusive or even just something one console has and the other doesn't.

Lets take 360 and PS3 for example, 360 had cross game chat PS3 had An Internet Browser which Xbox didn't have for ahwhile, and as we go into exclusives both had many

PS3 EXCLUSIVES:

Ratchet and Clank Series

Uncharted Series

Killzone Series

Little Big planet

XBOX EXCLUSIVES:

Halo Series

Gears Of War Series

Forza

Conclusion:

Both Consoles have and always will have something better then the other yeah maybe some of the games I mentioned aren't liked by one side of the console sides, but they are obviously a success such as LBP maybe not many people like the game and they think it's childish but there is so much to do in it that you don't even Know! And maybe the other side doesn't like Halo for what ever reason this Console war will always go on but in conclusion both sides are good in my eyes!

-TheBox

No point? I love console wars, not that I side with any company and their console but because I often find the nerd rage/denial hilarious.

#24 Edited by EXTomar (4724 posts) -

Meh Adlib vs SoundBlaster was much more vicious than anything that could be imagined here.

#25 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

Everyone has a huge cock on internet forums, in line people would probably just stay quiet and keep moving forward. I mean the crap that people say to each other online. In real life i would clock you across the face if people told me off.

You sound like a tough guy.

#26 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2772 posts) -

@thebox said:

PS3 EXCLUSIVES:

Ratchet and Clank Series

Uncharted Series

Killzone Series

Little Big planet

XBOX EXCLUSIVES:

Halo Series

Gears Of War Series

Forza

Conclusion:

-TheBox

Well, you sort of skew the results to come to that even. You say Sony had four major exclusvies and MS three? Come'on thats just being unfair to both. Sure the system wars are dumb, but when you have reduce the facts down to make it look even... that doesn't help either. Let's, looks at this generations (2007- Present) exclusives from Sony on PSP, Vita, and PS3. (These are games where a Sony studio either made the game or co-made it using Sony staff for coding. )

I would welcome someone to make a chart of XBox/Microsoft exclusives from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd parties as well. I'm sure there are more than a few as well. (I just don't have time to make it this moment) But, lets be honest when we talk about exclusives.

#27 Edited by Rawkfist72s (3 posts) -

There is no war, Xbox One was 359 steps backward in the competition, I've never been a PlayStation fan except for the PS2 and San Andreas, but I've officially lost all hope in Microsoft, therefore - moving on to the PS4.

You all should do the same.

#28 Posted by funtimeben (5 posts) -

Ha! Well I was really excited to see what the XBOne would bring to the table at E3, especially after all the negative press. I thought that they showed an awesome range of games. But then after the dust cleared and the pricing was $400 vs $500, well that sucks. I am not light on cash, but dropping $600 on a console, game, and XBLive - yikes! At least with the PS4 it is under $500 with PS+ and a game (Battlefield 4) - There is just something about $600 that seems like a ton of cash to drop on a game system.

Now I have to convince all my XBox Live friends to drop ship and join me in PS4 land - I am not looking forward to that at all. :/

#29 Edited by cloudnineboya (820 posts) -

haah i am sure i've read this exact same comment ^^ did you you just make a new account and copy-pasted this from a previous account just to bump this thread.

#30 Posted by tourgen (4496 posts) -

@extomar: So true!!

Also, fuck that peasant adlib and sandblaster trash. Gravis Ultrasound 4Life!!!!

#31 Edited by MrHadouken (168 posts) -

The main two reasons I am going with PS4 this generation is Sony always gets an ass load of great RPG's and I want to be a part of that! Reason number B is because it's $100 cheaper, plan and simple. So Xbox1, feel better. Take it sleazy.

#32 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

There is no war, Xbox One was 359 steps backward in the competition, I've never been a PlayStation fan except for the PS2 and San Andreas, but I've officially lost all hope in Microsoft, therefore - moving on to the PS4.

You all should do the same.

Oh man, you sold me...... On second thought, I will just buy both of them.