#1 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

during Ubisofts financial call we got some really nice information regarding pre orders for PS4/XBox One.

Pre-order numbers for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are "two times" the amount Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 saw in their respective launch periods, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has said. Guillemot mentioned the statistic during Ubisoft's Fiscal Year 2013-14 Q1 Sales Earnings call earlier this afternoon.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_pre-order_numbers_double_that_of_360_ps3.html

Looks like people are finally ready to jump into the next generation^^

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@darji said:

during Ubisofts financial call we got some really nice information regarding pre orders for PS4/XBox One.

Pre-order numbers for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are "two times" the amount Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 saw in their respective launch periods, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has said. Guillemot mentioned the statistic during Ubisoft's Fiscal Year 2013-14 Q1 Sales Earnings call earlier this afternoon.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_pre-order_numbers_double_that_of_360_ps3.html

Looks like people are finally ready to jump into the next generation^^

A UK retailer with a good track record has said the Xboxone is gonna outsell the PS4 over there. And I am sure in Japan will sell insane amounts of PS4. And wasnt ti said recently China will now legaly sell consoles? Both systems will most likely sell well in the U.S

And that "double the pre orders" is still for now. We still have 4 months before release.

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4187 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: O_o Weird.. Did they say why XONE will outsell? Like due to games, or regional directed advertising?

#4 Posted by erhard (398 posts) -

I read somewhere that Sony expects to sell 16 million PS4 this year. No idea how realistic that number is.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: O_o Weird.. Did they say why XONE will outsell? Like due to games, or regional directed advertising?

I dont know glanced over it on twitter. I still think both systems will sell neck and neck.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5395 posts) -

Guess I got to say this again, ps4 is our salvation..

#7 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#8 Posted by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I dont know glanced over it on twitter. I still think both systems will sell neck and neck.

Wasnt that blockbuster ? i think GAME said it was equal there both going to be neck and neck son!

#9 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

this here is one uk region:

UPDATE

PS4 LTD Total - 3210

Xbox One LTD Total - 1990

Net additions:

PS4 - 900

XB1 - 590

For the week just passed, PS4 > XB1 by a 2:1 ratio.

Data accurate to 17/07/13

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592171

Also Edge UK called PS4 the winner. Games TM called Ps4 also already the winner. The advertising and direction leads clearly to the PS4 in the UK. We just need to see if customers think so as well for the most part.

#10 Posted by falserelic (5395 posts) -

@darji said:

this here is one uk retailer:

UPDATE

PS4 LTD Total - 3210

Xbox One LTD Total - 1990

Net additions:

PS4 - 900

XB1 - 590

For the week just passed, PS4 > XB1 by a 2:1 ratio.

Data accurate to 17/07/13

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592171

Also Edge UK called PS4 the winner. Games TM called Ps4 also already the winner. The advertising and direction leads clearly to the PS4 in the UK. We just need to see if customers think so as well for the most part.

Seems like people are finally starting to see the light...

#11 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

yuck

#12 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2231 posts) -

That's a lot of pre-orders.

#13 Edited by Brendan (7734 posts) -

Aren't preorders more of a thing in general than they were in 05/06? When you add the ease it is to plop down preorders digitally for these things we may just be seeing more people not standing in line anymore.

#14 Edited by shinboy630 (1134 posts) -

@brendan: I think it has a lot to do with the fact that preordering is a lot easier and less risky nowadays with the massive popularity of shopping online. I have a PS4 preodered, put zero down, and can cancel any time before it ships without it being a big deal. No idea if online numbers (from amazon and the like) are included in these figures, though.

#15 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2343 posts) -

Like others said it's no surprise considering how much easier it is to pre-order consoles nowadays.

#16 Posted by Nodima (1156 posts) -

Let's not forget that the PS3 launched at $600, $200 more than their competitor. For folks like me who still wanted nothing to do with a Microsoft system but were also broke college freshmen, it had nothing to do with excitement and everything to do with "hey, I need to buy my damn psychology textbook for $350, what do I look like buying a $600 gaming console?"

#17 Posted by Reisz (1479 posts) -

Man just wait until the week before launch, if America has taught me anything it's that people waiting until the last minute will get down right MEAN if it get's them a pre-order.

#18 Posted by themonkeyworks (71 posts) -

its been a long time between new generations .. i know im starving for some new tech .. i have both on preorder because i just cant choose