glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By glots

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/status/503488179651878912

First figured my PS4 was breaking down, since I couldn't get past profile selection and finally ended up booting it in safe mode and reseting all of my settings. Now my guess is that it was just stuck on a infinite loading loop since I've got auto log-in for PSN and would've stayed there for good 10 minutes before maybe letting me in and informing that PSN Network has caused an error or some such.

And now if that above thing is true, I just wasted my time because of some douchebag messing up PSN. You sure showed that Sony! I personally can't remember the last day I would've had trouble logging to PSN, except maybe at some point during Store update days, which shouldn't surprise anyone if that happens.

Xealot42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Xealot42

I can't log in on my PS3. Was going to watch some Star Trek on Amazon Instant Video but it doesn't work if you aren't signed in.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Was just about to do a google search to see if I was the only one or my PS4 was acting strange but nope it's just PSN that's down. At some point while I was playing TLOU it just said PSN down for maintenance.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xealot42 said:

I can't log in on my PS3. Was going to watch some Star Trek on Amazon Instant Video but it doesn't work if you aren't signed in.

I got Amazon Prime to work without logging in. I attempted to log in but when it showed the error message, I just backed out and it plopped me into Amazon Instant Video. I selected a movie available via Prime and it worked without trouble. Now, this morning I couldn't get YouTube to load, so that still appears to be blocked off. I don't have Netflix or Hulu these days, so I don't know what's the word with both of those.

I read there was supposed to be an update and/or scheduled maintenance tomorrow, but it appears to be happening today. Perhaps brought on by the suspected hack-attack.

Xealot42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: Thanks for the tip. I'll give it another try.

I really wish they would just let you watch HD content on the PC!

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rotnac

@glottery said:

First figured my PS4 was breaking down, since I couldn't get past profile selection and finally ended up booting it in safe mode and reseting all of my settings. Now my guess is that it was just stuck on a infinite loading loop since I've got auto log-in for PSN and would've stayed there for good 10 minutes before maybe letting me in and informing that PSN Network has caused an error or some such.

And now if that above thing is true, I just wasted my time because of some douchebag messing up PSN. You sure showed that Sony! I personally can't remember the last day I would've had trouble logging to PSN, except maybe at some point during Store update days, which shouldn't surprise anyone if that happens.

It's fucking stupid and there's apparently no legal action, or a way to prevent attacks, that companies can take towards people that do this sort of thing "for the lulz". These Lizard Squad scumbags were DDOSing the NA Battle.net servers all of last night just to troll a couple of Twitch steamers. It was nearly impossible to play any Hearthstone or Diablo 3 and WoW servers we're also affected. What they're doing is on the same levels of stupidity as Stewart from MadTV saying "Look what I can do!"

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rotnac said:

@glottery said:

It's fucking stupid and there's apparently no legal action, or a way to prevent attacks, that companies can take towards people that do this sort of thing "for the lulz". These Lizard Squad scumbags were DDOSing the NA Battle.net servers all of last night just to troll a couple of Twitch steamers. It was nearly impossible to play any Hearthstone or Diablo 3 and WoW servers we're also affected. What they're doing is on the same levels of stupidity as Stewart from MadTV saying "Look what I can do!"

So that's why Bnet was freaking the fuck out when I was trying to download D3. How is it fun to do this?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't really play my ps4 much so it doesn't matter. Even more so since my favorite game Warframe is bugged to shit now, all thanks to the newest update.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: attention. If you take a look at their twitter it's pretty obvious what this is all about.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: Obvious, is it? Care to explain for me then?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

@corruptedevil: attention. If you take a look at their twitter it's pretty obvious what this is all about.

If they want to end greed there are much better targets than Sony who aren't doing so well as a whole.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ares42 said:

You're right, it's clearly a pathetic cry for attention from losers with nothing better to do with their time. Obvious.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ares42

@corruptedevil: nono, they just want attention. The only "real" thing they've posted on their twitter was a link to a news story about them doing this. Everything else is just "look, we're doing this" and generally silly taunts etc. (also, trying to "blackmail" streamers to put their name out there).

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

Oh, god damn it.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Was just about to download counterspy to my vita too. Sonofabitch.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By RonGalaxy

I've finally come to the conclusion that the internet is never going to be a safe place and it will always be complete shit on a major level. Kind of sucks since a lot of modern society relies on it nowadays and no one can really do anything to stop these people. The select few ruin it for the majority.

EDIT: so apparently the people taking claim to the ddos attack are repping ISIS? What the fuck?

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any options to make purchases on PSN right now, I think this weekend deal on 10$ games ends tomorrow. Am I just gonna miss out if they don't sort this DDOS business out?

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@wolfgame said:

Are there any options to make purchases on PSN right now, I think this weekend deal on 10$ games ends tomorrow. Am I just gonna miss out if they don't sort this DDOS business out?

Doesn't look like it. I can get to the store, look around, etc, but login fails.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RonGalaxy

@wolfgame said:

Doesnt seem like anything is working, including the SEN website. Im guessing sony will work something out to extend the sale. At least I hope they do.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not saying this happened obviously but imagine if this was PSN getting hacked again. Christ that would be brilliant. Well, it wouldn't, it would be terrible. But it would also be pretty top.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Cirdain

This Lizard Squad hackers appear to not be nice people :(

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By gutterkisser

@rongalaxy said:

I've finally come to the conclusion that the internet is never going to be a safe place and it will always be complete shit on a major level. Kind of sucks since a lot of modern society relies on it nowadays and no one can really do anything to stop these people. The select few ruin it for the majority.

It's been a disheartening week or so in that respect - so much inexcusably vile behaviour online. The real world hasn't exactly been a swell place either recently, what's to gain from destroying our refuge from it all?

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rotnac

@ares42 said:

You're right, it's clearly a pathetic cry for attention from losers with nothing better to do with their time. Obvious.

Pretty much this:

No Caption Provided

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spoonman671

I've got trophies to sync.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cirdain

[redacted]

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By Nodima

First, I wanted to watch the two latest Quick Looks on Youtube and they wouldn't let me. Now I can't authenticate my Pinball Arcade account and play some tables?!

Damn you hackerz!

edit: oh good, it went through after about 8 minutes. pheeeeeeeeew.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just leave this here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cirdain said:

I'll just leave this here.

Yeah, they don't exact strike me as a group that would cover their tracks very well.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Blannir

Hopefully this ends soon, they've been taking down LoL every night for the past week or so and even took down the Twitch stream for the LCS Playoffs yesterday. I hope if caught they face some significant jail time.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems PSN is up now. So maybe they really were busted by a fed raid, lol.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still offline in New Jersey. I better not have to replay all of The Swapper again. The PS4 has to store trophy data locally just like the PS3 did, right?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess its just SEN that is back online.

And yes it stores the trophy data locally and when you login and select the trophy icon it syncs.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm still offline in New Jersey. I better not have to replay all of The Swapper again. The PS4 has to store trophy data locally just like the PS3 did, right?

Yes, any trophies you get will sync when it goes online.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

God damnit, alright that's it, never using my credit card on a playstation system again. Hopefully none of that stuff was exposed but still, not even worth the risk.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God damnit, alright that's it, never using my credit card on a playstation system again. Hopefully none of that stuff was exposed but still, not even worth the risk.

DDOS attacks have nothing to do with credit card information. This could easily happen to any service (and has been happening to other services like Blizzard and League of Legends)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao @ hackers

Script kiddies 4 lyfe

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

PSN still down.

However, I can still play my games just fine, because I haven't bought into the "wonderful" digital future.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yukoasho said:

PSN still down.

However, I can still play my games just fine, because I haven't bought into the "wonderful" digital future.

I have nothing but digital games. I can play them all fine.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@sackmanjones: DDOS attacks flood the server of the host with more data packets than it can handle. People who do this shit are usually referred to as "script kiddies" because literally all you do is point piece of software designed to DDOS at server and let the program do the work. Anyone can do this because it takes zero effort or skill to actually do. So Tl;Dr they most likely never actually remotely accessed the Sony servers.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hailinel

@spoonman671 said:

@yukoasho said:

PSN still down.

If you have cloud saves, though, you're kind of boned. Also, some games use DRM that prevents you from playing if you can't connect online (Final Fight: Double Impact, looking at you.)

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@spoonman671 said:

@yukoasho said:

PSN still down.

If you have cloud saves, though, you're kind of boned. Also, some games use DRM that prevents you from playing if you can't connect online (Final Fight: Double Impact, looking at you.)

Seems to be connecting just fine, the store just isn't working. At least that's the case for me.

Still annoying, I was planning on picking up Counter Spy today.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Quarters

Yeah, I tried playing something this morning, and couldn't get past the game's splash screen when selecting it. However, I unplugged my Ethernet cable, and it worked without a hitch. Freakin' hackers. Hope they got everything sorted out, can't imagine how much of a headache that crap is.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#44  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Ah, this explains why the leaderboards for Crimsonland weren't loading up for me this morning. It's no fun playing survival mode if I can't post my score!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty fucked up. It'll be funny when whatever little shit is running the Twitter account gets picked up for the federal offense of reporting false bomb scares.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yakov456

@quid_pro_bono: no this is good, let these jack offs dig that hole even deeper.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#49  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

@quid_pro_bono: The plane has been redirected and landed somewhere now so they can check the cargo

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@quid_pro_bono: Yep. Feds prob wouldn't have batted an eye at this until they just did that. Now this kid will be getting his teeth pistol whipped down his throat by an FBI agent.