#151 Posted by TruthTellah (9637 posts) -

I'm glad that Xbox Live at least seems to be doing better. Seems like that disruption was pretty limited.

Hope these guys get caught soon.

#152 Edited by Cirdain (3404 posts) -
#153 Edited by Gutterkisser (235 posts) -

I've been pretty appalled by the conduct of some US police these past couple of weeks, but I'll make an exception for them knocking in the teeth of whoever's responsible. More than ever, internet trash need to face real life consequences for once.

#154 Edited by Corevi (6794 posts) -
@castiel said:

Brian Wilson is apparently also the name of former Beach Boys member that has performed in Las Vegas. So he could just be messing with them.

Brian Wilson was some kid trying to take credit for the attacks on Twitter. He got doxed (including his and his parent's SSN) and most of his accounts stolen.

#155 Edited by Corvak (1211 posts) -
@gutterkisser said:

I've been pretty appalled by the conduct of some US police these past couple of weeks, but I'll make an exception for them knocking in the teeth of whoever's responsible. More than ever, internet trash need to face real life consequences for once.

This. People need to realize the internet isn't just some playground for every asshole with a point to prove. Also DDoSing the ALS site? They are absolute scum.

Battle.net hasn't been too bad, but I think Blizzard gets DDoS'd by some outraged nerd every month, so they've likely got some pretty big defenses.

#156 Posted by Honkalot (570 posts) -

Anyone having trouble with billing on PSN now after this?

As it happens my wallet was empty when it came time to renew PS+. Now PSN won't accept my credit card info anymore. Spent an hour trying to fix it, even calling the bank to make sure the capitalization etc of the billing address was correct. PSN just plain refuses to accept it.

This is the first time any site has ever refused my card.

#157 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1838 posts) -

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys is ddosing video game companies and making terrorist threats? We live in some confusing times. I guess....

God Only Knows

Are you winking? Or having a stroke?

#158 Posted by Demoskinos (16320 posts) -

@honkalot: Call your bank and see what is up.

#159 Posted by Honkalot (570 posts) -

@demoskinos: Thanks but I already did. The billing info is entered exactly as my bank has it. Card is activated too, I've used it for years (on PSN less than two weeks ago).

Cliche to say, I know, but the problem is not on my end.

#160 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1443 posts) -

@honkalot said:

@demoskinos: Thanks but I already did. The billing info is entered exactly as my bank has it. Card is activated too, I've used it for years (on PSN less than two weeks ago).

Cliche to say, I know, but the problem is not on my end.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're having problems processing payments if they're still suffering from attacks. You might need to wait a lil while.

#161 Posted by Shindig (1224 posts) -

Just gone down again for me. Hope this isn't a second wave.

#162 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1443 posts) -

@shindig said:

The is scheduled maintenance today I believe.

#163 Posted by Shindig (1224 posts) -

Ah. I forgot that was still on.

#164 Edited by Cirdain (3404 posts) -
#165 Posted by Demoskinos (16320 posts) -
#166 Edited by Cirdain (3404 posts) -
@demoskinos said:

@yesiamaduck said:

@shindig said:

The is scheduled maintenance today I believe.

No, its been postponed. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDA4OTgxMTgxL3NpZC9IKmtNcEsqbA%3D%3D

(42 mins ago) Urrggghhh
I found the second comment funny.

#167 Posted by DarenWasteland (56 posts) -

mother fucker made it to the front page of usa today

fuck the world man

#168 Edited by Cirdain (3404 posts) -
Click to make bigger

@darenwasteland: Wow when you said that I didn't quite realise what you meant. That's top billing right there.

#169 Posted by Shindig (1224 posts) -

I miss the good ol' days when disgruntled youths started bands or joined the army.

#170 Edited by Corevi (6794 posts) -

Calling them (him?) hackers is really fucking generous considering how easy DDOSing is.

It's like calling somebody who knows how to reheat a pizza a chef.

#171 Posted by thatpinguino (1900 posts) -

@corruptedevil: DDoS attacks are easy if you have a botnet or some way to produce hundreds of thousands of connection requests all at once from multiple IPs. But neither of those situations are easy to create in the first place. Regardless, I think the sources of these attacks are going to find that the government is more tech savy than they think.

#172 Edited by Deadlydog (170 posts) -

A bomb threat? my god the FBI is going to fucking murder these kids. Lmao. Edit: was reading his twitter. This kid is real cocky. The government will find a way to prosecute you for it all.

#174 Posted by Excast (1184 posts) -

I've been having a really atrocious cable connection for the last 3 days and I am starting to wonder if it might be connected to this. Looking at Twitter it seems like people all over the Northeast are dealing with the same thing. Could the bandwidth or whatever needed to perform such high profile attacks like this effect cable service for random people?

#175 Posted by Cirdain (3404 posts) -

Now they've set up a messaging line and are taking request for who to DDOS next.

#176 Edited by Mcfart (1856 posts) -

Calling them (him?) hackers is really fucking generous considering how easy DDOSing is.

It's like calling somebody who knows how to reheat a pizza a chef.

dat analogy :D

#177 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (1001 posts) -

And Battle.net just went down again. I picked a helluva time to re-sub to WoW.

#178 Edited by RonGalaxy (3634 posts) -

Necroing this because I believe another round of DDoS attacks are occurring.

Apparently both CoD: Ghosts and Destiny are both down due to a DDoS attack. I've been having trouble gaining access to the Sony Entertainment Network Store. If someone wants to go there and get back to me if you are having trouble or not that would be much appreciated (want to know if its just me or not).

#179 Edited by jking47 (1266 posts) -

I don't seem to be able to get into the PSN store either.

EDIT: According to the lizard squad twitter they are taking credit.

#180 Edited by TruthTellah (9637 posts) -

As of 10 minutes ago, Xbox Live is claiming some issues, but your problems may vary. They seem to be saying Destiny and Call of Duty may be having problems in specific.

#181 Posted by Nodima (1526 posts) -

I've had a couple issues with Destiny on PS4 in the past half hour but have been playing all day fine otherwise. And I'm still in the game.