#1 Posted by anzelm (42 posts) -

It's been some talks about PSN Premium and I guess Sony will announce something at this years E3. What content would in your opinion justify a monthly PSN fee and how much would be ok to pay for that content?

I'd like to see a music streaming service like Spotify and the possibility to stream that music in game. In game and cross game party chat would be nice. The cost: $5 max per month.

Post your thoughts and creative ideas here 

#2 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3484 posts) -

I dont use my PS3 enough to justify a monthly fee, or any kind of fee. :)

#3 Posted by laussica (181 posts) -

free psn titles, ps1 classics would b the only kinda thing i would feel like paying for

#4 Posted by Lomous (25 posts) -

something closer to an xbox 360 experience weekly vids, a customizable avatar, avatar awards, party chat, free or discounted games.

#5 Edited by BlackJedi (255 posts) -

Well for me personally free downloads of Psone titles, music streaming : which means to me to watch videos or listen to the music in the background while playing games etc, revamped interface I hate the current xmb..if iam gonna pay I would pay for a different PSN interface look closer to NXE feel. Facebook/myspace app. and last but not least every couple of months free movie rentals that would rock  and also free first hand betas/demos and I would easy pay 70 a year for all of that.

#6 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I probably wouldn't pay anything for a Premium PSN if the current PSN was a free alternative with the current feature sets. About the only feature I'd pay for.... is, hmm.... maybe in-game XMB web-browsing?

#7 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I wouldn't pay. I'm too much of a broke-ass and I don't use the online features of my PS3 enough yet at the moment to justify paying money.

#8 Edited by AllenV86 (150 posts) -

if they want a monthly fee they have to keep everything as it is ( for those who chose not to go premium and those who do go premium )  + ( and this is the stuff only for premium )  all the stuff xbox live gold has but PSN hasn't ( where possible offcourse ) , and maybe some more PSN titles here in europe cause the amount of games is IMO way to small ( and as the rumors say 1 free game out of a choice of 2-4 games ), video streaming and stuff like that :D

Allen :p

#9 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

I'll say one thing, there is no fucking WAY I am paying $50 a month for this.

#10 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

No way am I paying for any premium service.  

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
" No way am I paying for any premium service.   "
From what I heard its just a few extra things. Stuff for real real hardcore PSN people. 
#12 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@Lomous said:
" something closer to an xbox 360 experience weekly vids, a customizable avatar, avatar awards, party chat, free or discounted games. "
yes, i love that system
#13 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@anzelm: there should also be no actual exclusive content for premium, only discounts and 

@organicalistic_ said:
" @Lomous said:
" something closer to an xbox 360 experience weekly vids, a customizable avatar, avatar awards, party chat, free or discounted games. "
yes, i love that system "
#14 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -
@Lomous said:
 free or discounted games. "
They do a lot of discounted games and price drops. They've also given a couple free games away.  Read the PS Blog on Tuesdays and you'll see generally the first ten things are "Price Drops For This Week Only"
#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@HypoXenophobia said:
" @Lomous said:
 free or discounted games. "
They do a lot of discounted games and price drops. They've also given a couple free games away.  Read the PS Blog on Tuesdays and you'll see generally the first ten things are "Price Drops For This Week Only" "
That is only for PSN games. And many of them that are worth it. Are all ready at a nice price. 
#16 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @ninjakiller said:
" No way am I paying for any premium service.   "
From what I heard its just a few extra things. Stuff for real real hardcore PSN people.  "
"Extras now" mandatory payment for PS4.  This is nothing more than a tester to see if the base will pay for online next console gen.  
#17 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 
PSP and Minis games get discount as well. Last week I believe they discounted 10 PSP games, so its a tad varied, but yeah, generally geared toward PSN games
#18 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

I feel really bad for my PS3 lately, cause I almost never use it. So I don't know if it will be worth it for my part to pay a monthly fee for content I wont use. Well, it depends on what the content is of course. If there is content that can draw me back to use my PS3 a little bit more again, then sure! 

Also, five bucks for the stuff that OP mentioned doesn't sound very bad if you use your PS3 on a regular basis. But I personally would  like some discount on PSN and PS1 classic titles and/or that some content which without a premium membership would cost money, but is free w/

#19 Posted by mosespippy (4185 posts) -

I won't pay for extra content because that extra content won't be available in Canada anyway.  

What I expect is Hulu support, Pandora support, a free PSN game once in a while, access to betas (these last 2 were common for Qore subscribers, but Sony could hold those features back for use with its PSN subscribers), cross game chat, 3 year warranty and cloud saves.

#20 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Free PSN titles and a party system like Xbox Live.