Psone classics on the psp.

yruluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By yruluis

I just got a psp and I've been wanting to get RE2. The thing is that I don't want to buy and not be able to play it since it states that you need a ps3 to transfer the file to the psp. Can I buy RE2 and download it directly to my psp like any other demo.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JeevesPleez

I don't know. I haven't used the store on the PSP since I got a PS3. Figured I'd give you a bump though.

If I decide to get Twisted Metal 2 I'll try to download it straight to my PSP and let you know.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

Using MediaGo for the PC will let you put PSONE games on your PSP without a PS3. I did it with FFVII and other downloadable games for the PSP, it is quite easy once you get everything updated and all that mess.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hot_Karl

I'm pretty sure that you can just buy the game and download it directly to your PSP, or at the very least, you can just use the Playstation Network Downloader on the computer and transfer the files that way.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nukesniper
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Jost1

It's pretty magical to be able to play Final Fantasy VIII on my PSP now

That's the only thing I've used it for in forever.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Addfwyn

You can download it directly to your PSP, I have a Go so that's really the main way I get games.  I d/led FFVIII directly on my PSP and it works with no hitches. 

That said, playing FFVIII on my PSP?  Awesome.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Bombs_Away

Damn why can't the UK PSN store be as cool as in the US. We've got no fucking games, it's ridiculous. I've got MGS but I don't like RPGs so FF7+8 are useless. And that's it. I want Resident evil 1,2+3 and Silent Hill. Gran Turismo 2 would be cool today. I can't remember any more games but I'm sure there are many more.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed
@Bombs_Away said:
" Damn why can't the UK PSN store be as cool as in the US. We've got no fucking games, it's ridiculous. I've got MGS but I don't like RPGs so FF7+8 are useless. And that's it. I want Resident evil 1,2+3 and Silent Hill. Gran Turismo 2 would be cool today. I can't remember any more games but I'm sure there are many more. "
but you guys have Crash Team Racing, correct?  
i'd kill to have that on the NA playstation store. 
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bombs_Away
@AjayRaz: Yeah we got that. Only other games that are of any consequence are Crash 1+3 (no 2), Syphon Filter 1+3 (no 2), Driver and Kula World. Thats it in my opinion...
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bed
@Bombs_Away said:
" @AjayRaz: Yeah we got that. Only other games that are of any consequence are Crash 1+3 (no 2), Syphon Filter 1+3 (no 2), Driver and Kula World. Thats it in my opinion... "
you guys have Driver, too?! you guys are lucky :\.  

even though we have the Resident Evil games (which are still fantastic to this day), Driver and CTR are games i'd do anything to have on the PSN store :| 
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bombs_Away
@AjayRaz: Yeah Driver's probably the next one on my list. Lol I just remember never being able to get the license at the beginning though and I used to get so angry with it. Oh and we have Vagrant Story too, I don't think you guys have that, Again though i'm not into RPGs so it useless for me. I've got syphon filter to play next but I started it and man that has aged baaaaaaaaaadly!
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bed
@Bombs_Away said:
" @AjayRaz: Yeah Driver's probably the next one on my list. Lol I just remember never being able to get the license at the beginning though and I used to get so angry with it.
yeah haha me too. i would always play take a ride because i never knew what to do in the beginning and i would rage. game was still fun as hell, though. 
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By trophyhunter

you can buy them right on the PSP and download them directly to the PSP
there is a section in the PSP store called PS one classics

yruluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By yruluis

Thank you to all for clearing that up. Even though I already had Media Go installed: I just wanted to make sure that I could buy psone classics without a ps3. Got Dino Crisis instead since I only have 1 GB at the moment.

JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JohnRehill

How much do the PS1 classics cost?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By iamjohn
@josty81 said:
" It's pretty magical to be able to play Final Fantasy VIII on my PSP now  That's the only thing I've used it for in forever. "
There's a good chance that you've played a bunch of the awesome games on the system that I'm thinking of.  But because I have no faith in other people, I'm just going to preemptively call you a bad person. 

@JohnRehill
said:
" How much do the PS1 classics cost? "
Usually $6; sometimes $10.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox

I wish they'd put some of the more obscure PS1 games on there like Bushido Blade and Thrasher: Skate and Destroy. I've got versions of those on my PSP and they are great for the handheld once you get the controls right.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Tireyo

I suppose that is nice.