PSP Go, Enough Space?

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shaun832

Does anyone think that 16Gb of internal memory would be enough for the PSP Go or do you think it will support Memory Sticks like the PSPs we have now?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

dude, think about how big one game is on a psp....this is plenty of memory for a ton of games. 

and yes, it does support memory sticks, sd cards etc. did you watch the video yet?
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Steve_C

It supports memory sticks too, but you'll be able to fit a lot of games on there anyway.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lashe

I'm currently using 26gb of my 32gb stick but a lot of that is down to CFW related stuff. 16gb should be fine.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer

Ah it does? Thats news to me! I haven't looked much into it.. I think its pretty ugly haha. I'll stick with my PSP1000 for as long as possible.

I think 16gb is pretty small, but its great for built in space. The thing is, most games are 400mb-1or2gb. Most of the really good games are 1gb+ So its possible to fill it up rather quickly. Combine that with any videos, pictures, or music you may have on there and your pushing it. Especially if its going to be all wireless digital download magical bla bla. Because then the store will be more like the PS3 store, lots of demos and videos to download and eat space.

On a great note: My friend just got back from China last week; brought me a 8gb Sony memorystick pro duo for my PSP.. for $17!! =)

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Xeiphyer: hmm. am i the only one who really likes the design?!
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer
@TwoOneFive:  I think most people do.. I'm sure I will too once I start seeing people with them in real life. The internet doesn't do it justice I suppose.

Its just theres something about the dimensions of it that I dont like, and the placement of start/select bothers me a bit. Also, I secretly always wanted the 'PSP2' to look like this:
No Caption Provided

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kush
I think 16GB is more than enough for most users. If you happen to run out of space then you will be able to throw in a memory cars as well...I personally don't care about the PSP Go anymore after seeing the actual design of it. I loved the old (now fake) rumored pics and wanted the screen to be a touch screen. The real PSP Go doesn't excite me at all and just makes me want to pick up a iPod Touch more...honestly, the Zune HD excites me more than the PSP Go now.

@Xeiphyer:
...I wish that was the real PSP Go too.
Bruuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruuin

I think that the 16GB of internal memory will be enough to start out.  But like with any sort of memory, as time goes on, as your library expands and once developers start taking advantage of it, it will end up feeling rather insufficient.  I remember when I had a 200MB hard drive in my 486 PC and at the time it was more space than i'd ever need.  For better or worse, it looks like Sony went with a Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot rather than a cheaper Pro Duo II or SD card or something of the like, so that will make it slightly more expensive to expand on the original 16GB.

I do happen to think that the design of the new PSP is rather sharp.  Mostly, I like that it's a fair bit smaller and a lot more pocket friendly.  I find that my PSP2000 is a bit greedy on space being as wide as it is, and I like the idea of not having to carry around a bunch of bulky UMD's in order to have a decent variety of games.  As long as the price for the PSP Go isn't way out of proportion, I'll be picking one up for sure.  It's too bad they couldn't have added a second analogue nub to the package while they were at it. :(
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Bruuin: Yeah the 2nd nub would have been nice for gaming, but splitting their audience like that would suck =x either having to add the new controller functionality to every old game through patches of some sort or have to make PSP GO games only or something.. it would suck. I'm glad that didn't happen at least. But man... FPS games on the go would be so sweet.

Also, So I won't be able to use my pro duo memory stick on the Go? Thats pretty lame =x
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's fine with expansion.

Bruuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bruuin
@Xeiphyer:  think that not being able to use my current 4GB Pro Duo II is a bit on the lame side as well.  I figure that the M2 has dropped in price quite a bit since it first hit the market, but the problem I have is that I can't think of many devices that use that format.

As far as the 2nd analogue nub, i half agree with you about splitting the market.  You're going to get that with any sort of added functionality that you tack on to an upgraded piece of hardware.  Like with the DS Light and the DSi for example.  You're not going to be playing Guitar Hero On Tour on on the DSi, just like you won't be downloading new content onto the DS Light from the DSi store.

I think that Sony has already fragmented the market with the removal of the UMD drive anyway.  I have a perfectly functional copy of Killzone Liberation sitting around on a UMD right now.  Unless they come out with a piece of gear that lets you transfer your back-catalogue of games onto the PSP Go (highly unlikely), I'll have to pay around $17 (CDN) to re-download it from the PS store.  There are a ton of great games that PSP Go users won't have access to without sony making the decision to make them available for download, so in my opinion they've already fragmented their audience in that regard.
freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By freakin

right now the 'top' a game would be is 2GBs, so you will be able to fit in a few games, personally I'd recommend just getting a iphone. 

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bekern

I have a 2gb memory stick and I'm able to fit about 2 and sometimes 3 games on it (depending on the game of course, some games are so big I can only have 1 on at a time). So I'd assume you can maybe hold around 15 games at most (if the games are small, if you have all big games probably around 10?). Seems like enough to me, and they said you'll be able to have addition memory with memory cards anyway so I think you'll be good. I think they said the memory sticks supported are different then the ones for the current PSP though, which sucks becasue that means people will have to buy all new ones :/.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By penguindust

How big are the memory stick available for the system and where do you find them online?  I can't seem to locate anything larger than a 16 gig stick for about $70 USD.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

Bare in mind you can still add memory sticks and Patapon 2 is 300mb. From that working you could get, what, 48 games on the thing, without a memory card.

ALTHOUGH. Resistance Retribution does take up more space. 16GB is still plenty though -- it's basically enough for 16 games to carry around with you without changing disks. That's pretty awesome when you take into account the space you'll save.

Truely portable. All they need to do now is announce it's playable OUTSIDE.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By mathewballard

16 GB is more then enough space.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lashe
PenguinDust said:
How big are the memory stick available for the system and where do you find them online?  I can't seem ... [more]
You can get a converter - a 2xMicroSDHC card -> Memory Stick Pro Duo. This effectively lets you have 32gb (16/16) (or 64gb now? - has the 32gb MicroSDHC hit yet?) - which is what I use and it works perfectly.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Godwind

Maybe if it used iTunes?

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#20  Edited By Spiritof

If they are positioning the Go! as a competitor to the iPhone, with concentration on more casual, easy-to-make-pick-up-and-play, downloadable style games, then 16GB is MORE than enough. If it can play Peggle, then that's all that's ever really going to matter.