#1 Edited by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -

We all know Google is spying on us 24/7 (or however long you leave your PC on and connected each week) but do ever open a youtube window (or "tab" as we call them in 2013) to find the most delightfully unexpected video in the #1 spot of your "recommended for you" links?

Just now I was going to put on Katy Perry's Roar, ummm... for my wife, but instead I thought "maybe youtube's right".

I mean I listen to this somewhat frequently every maybe, 6-12 months and do a fair number of searches involving the artists within (except for Coolio obviously and not many for LL) but a perfectly timed, out of the blue, 4:30 Friday afternoon (pretty close to xx4:20xx) link to Hit Em High was perfect to take me through the next hour at work.

#2 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I keep getting horrible Anita videos and Pewdiepie LPs. They clearly know what I hate.

#3 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

SPACE JAM !

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3546 posts) -

Something called "Who Owns The Moon?".

#5 Edited by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Wot?

#6 Posted by spraynardtatum (2519 posts) -

I hate it.

#7 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

Youtube is ocassionally really spot on for me. And then occasionally it fucks up really, really bad. Like, it links me to a video about an anime character I watched quite a few times, only this video is about that character torturing his friends for no reason. Jesus christ...

#8 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2855 posts) -

Wait you people watch videos that are recommended to you?

#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5119 posts) -

As we further barrel into the future, our privacy is more and more compromised. It'd be a real problem if it bothered me.

#10 Posted by HerbieBug (4189 posts) -

Youtube knows that I enjoy cute baby animals, large breasted japanese women, and speedruns of video games. Sometimes the recommendations are... interesting. o__0