Public Visits?

brentonbagley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not cool most places, sure GB handles stuff for their eyes only, but wondered. Will be in town for my birthday and thought it would be cool to shake hands and say thanks for many many years of creative content.

Let me know any bombers.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I know Game Informer brings people in sometimes, but GB is smack dab in SF and would probably get overloaded by people wanting to stop by. Right?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

Pretty sure they didn't really encourage people when they were a small team in a basement, and I really can't imagine them wanting dudes in a huge office block used by a bazillion other people.

brentonbagley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brentonbagley

Thanks guys. Forgot it was Sunday, nobody home. Did get a picture in front of CBSi, 3rd floor? Anywho, there was a Link and looked like a Mario posted all over the window with Post-It Notes. Also walked down to Double Fine, some interns walking UNMARKED boxes in the floor level. No signage but snagged a photo by the address, 525.

All in all, a lot of fun and nice to be so close to home and hollow ground.

Thanks for the help!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I know Game Informer brings people in sometimes, but GB is smack dab in SF and would probably get overloaded by people wanting to stop by. Right?

IGN is in San Francisco too, and they let people in on the first Friday of every month. That said, I don't think the Giant Bomb guys are open to this idea.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Akyho

They were cool with it at Whiskey Media as long as it wasnt too often and that you announced your arrival and got some sort of approval ahead of schedule. They reeealy didn't like folks just coming to the door unannounced as Jeff did say along the lines of "Dudes...we are an office....there is not much to see or do....and to have us pause to show you around is a bit disruptive. Sure its disruptive even if your announced at ahead but atleast we can prepare a bit or advice a time."

While I think Gamespot offices either no go or need a far more official line of announcement and plenty of time in order to be approved. I think the more common thing is duders coming to the reception with a box of stuff and saying "Hey we got this for Giant Bomb." and maaaaaaaaaaybe getting one of the GB Duders to come collect it.

I think Jeff said also along the lines of "We love you all and you are the thing that keeps us going. But if you want to meet us PAX is the best place to do it."