• 81 results
#1 Edited by RazielCuts (2900 posts) -

So I was thinking with the last few QL's and just Ryan's past QL history that their could be a new term coined in the same vein as Pulling a Brad.

I dub thee, Pulling a Ryan - Getting easily lost in a game/not knowing what to do next (possible attachment of also blaming controls and/or design of said game)

Other collectibles for the rest of the GiantBomb family could be -

• Pulling a Jeff - ? (answers on a postcard below)
  • Pulling a Vinny - Dropping blue humour that makes everyone feel awkward but still makes them laugh. (I.E. Cunt)
  • Pulling a Drew - ? (answers on a postcard below)
  • Pulling a Dave - ? (answers on a postcard below)
  • Pulling a Patrick - 'I'm not going to spoil this game but..' (better answers on a postcard below)
For illustration purposes
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35782 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

I dub thee, Pulling a Ryan - Getting easily lost in a game/not knowing what to do next

I think this needs to be expanded to "getting easily lost/not knowing what to do next, even though the game told you specifically what you need to do but you decided to skip over it for some reason".

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10332 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@RazielCuts said:

I dub thee, Pulling a Ryan - Getting easily lost in a game/not knowing what to do next

I think this needs to be expanded to "getting easily lost/not knowing what to do next, even though the game told you specifically what you need to do but you weren't paying attention."

I think that's a little more accurate.

#4 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Pulling a Jeff would be playing with children's toys and just not giving an F.

#5 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I think the whole Pulling a Brad thing is idiotic, and I'm happy to say this has lived up to that fine standard

#6 Posted by Stonyman65 (2566 posts) -

So, when do we start the "Pulling a Ryan" list?

#7 Posted by Dixego (379 posts) -

I think we need more scientific evidence in order to offically name this a GiantBomb phenomenon. Any other examples?

#8 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

Wow is this topic still going on? Some of you really like to beat dead horses don't you?

Oh internet...

#9 Edited by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

I dont know, Ryan was the only voice of reason in the Marvel: Ultimate Aliance TNT.

Without him they would have been screwed.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

Don't forget the "Spending too much time in menus" part.

#11 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

Now, THAT'S Pulling a Ryan.

Pulling a Patrick is running around in circles for 3 4 minutes talking about the game.

#12 Posted by RazielCuts (2900 posts) -

@Daiphyer: Ha! I totally forgot about Patrick (whoops)

#13 Posted by AlisterCat (5468 posts) -

Not paying attention and then blaming the game is more accurate to Ryan, and to a lesser extent the rest of the crew.

#14 Edited by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

@JJOR64 said:

Pulling a Patrick is running around in circles for 3 4 minutes talking about the game.

That actually sounds like brad.

Patrick describes the same thing 10 times, 6 different ways.

#15 Posted by Grimmy616 (395 posts) -

Patrick "Its such a unnecessary thing, but I'm glad they put it in there" Klepek

#16 Posted by freedo (83 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

I think the whole Pulling a Brad thing is idiotic, and I'm happy to say this has lived up to that fine standard

Lighten up. It's just pokin' fun at little things the crew does. It's not serious. To "Pull a Vinny," it's not like we're talking about gay marriage or women's rights.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (35782 posts) -

@Dixego said:

I think we need more scientific evidence in order to offically name this a GiantBomb phenomenon. Any other examples?

The Endurance Run?

#18 Posted by Dixego (379 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Wait... which endurance run?

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (35782 posts) -

@Dixego:

Chrono Trigger, since I remember Ryan and Patrick getting lost in a part of the game they'd already been through.

#20 Edited by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -
#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Dixego:

Chrono Trigger, since I remember Ryan and Patrick getting lost in a part of the game they'd already been through.

"You guys should go back to your own time!"

*2 minutes later*

"Well, the game didn't tell us anything so let's go to the past because dinos!"

#22 Posted by InfamousNose (16 posts) -

Pulling a Patrick should also include explaining to the audience the complete history of a franchise / studio / development of a game as if we are complete morons.

#23 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

You also forgot Dave.

#24 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

Wow, what a bunch of fucking assholes.

#25 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@InfamousNose said:

Pulling a Patrick should also include explaining to the audience the complete history of a franchise / studio / development of a game as if we are complete morons.

But you are.

#26 Posted by RazielCuts (2900 posts) -

@Dagbiker: No I didn't, hes up there. I was thinking something like 'Shows GiantBomb crew random Eastern European PC game' but he hasn't done that for a while.

@Benny: This was supposed to be said as gentle ribbing, like how 'Pulling a Brad' is just a goofy thing almost saying 'uh oh, he's gone and done it again', no malice behind it.

#27 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

@Dagbiker: No I didn't, hes up there. I was thinking something like 'Shows GiantBomb crew random Eastern European PC game' but he hasn't done that for a while.

@Benny: This was supposed to be said as gentle ribbing, like how 'Pulling a Brad' is just a goofy thing almost saying 'uh oh, he's gone and done it again', no malice behind it.

Oh, sorry, Didn't see him

#28 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -

@Benny said:

it's that freedom of speech bullshit.

#29 Posted by Dixego (379 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash said:

@Benny said:

What a bunch of fucking liberals.

#30 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -

@Dixego said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

@Benny said:

What a bunch of fucking liberals.

Fuck the government. Pussies.

#31 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

Congratulations.

You guys are the shitty friends people don't like cause you bring up old shit all the time. Good job.

#32 Posted by Humanity (8706 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Daiphyer said:

@JJOR64 said:

While in a menu or start screen

#33 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@RazielCuts said:

I think this needs to be expanded to "getting easily lost/not knowing what to do next, even though the game told you specifically what you need to do but you decided to skip over it for some reason".

yeah this.

#34 Posted by Feanor (1386 posts) -

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#35 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -
@Doctorchimp

Congratulations.

You guys are the shitty friends people don't like cause you bring up old shit all the time. Good job.

Ryan doesnt even know I exist.
#36 Posted by JoeBigfoot (106 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

Congratulations.

isn't the whole point of good friends being able to laugh at old stupid shit you did together a long time ago? 
#37 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

If someone wants to coin "pulling a Dagbiker" any time someone starts the game on easy, then thats fine with me.

#38 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

Congratulations.

B..but... nobody on this website is my friend or even worth telling other people about. 
So I'm safe for now, right?
#39 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

It almost happened on the AMAZING spider-man. He almost kept missing that yellow vent right behind him. I was chuckling the whole time.

#40 Posted by andriv (254 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Congratulations.

B..but... nobody on this website is my friend or even worth telling other people about. So I'm safe for now, right?

why so serious? I doubt this thread was made to attack the gb crew.

It's pretty funny seeing 2 grown men struggle with a kids game, I had similar problems with lego batman on at least 2 levels

#41 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

@JJOR64 said:

I remember the SSX quicklook being very well representative for this, 10 minutes messing around in menus before showing any gameplay at all, I'm fine with getting some knowledge about the game first, but even The Amazing Spider-Man quicklook felt a little overdone, almost 5 minutes before they actually played the game. It's all good though, not hating, just saying.

#42 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1376 posts) -

Pulling a Ryan also involves not noticing you're low on health. I tried... =(

#43 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

This happened in the Spiderman quicklook too where he lost track of the woman.

#44 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

i was promised postcards below.

#45 Posted by RazielCuts (2900 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

This happened in the Spiderman quicklook too where he lost track of the woman.

Yeah, he'd just put her down on the platform a second ago to fight some guys, fought them and then lost track of where she was, made me chuckle. That and the Lego QL spurred on this thread but there's been plenty of others in the past like says - the Chrono Trigger ER.

#46 Posted by Revan_NL (332 posts) -

Ryan and Patrick both have the annoying tendency to A: Spend minutes setting up the game story-wise B: Soend another few minutes explaining all the gameplay mechanics C: Scroll to just about every menu option there is in the game. I don't mind if they are bad playing the game, but the tendencies as mentioned above take far too long. I just want to see the game, both think that they are demonstrating the game to a group of investors that never plays games.

#47 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Daiphyer said:

@JJOR64 said:

This is exactly correct.

#48 Posted by eccentrix (1483 posts) -

I now find it strange to see gameplay within the first five minutes of a quick look.

#49 Posted by wjb (1616 posts) -

Let me try: Pulling a GB Community

"When you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time but point out flaws of other people even though it's been done several (several!) times already. And the sad thing is the other people are fully aware of their flaws, but probably don't give a shit because people need to relax and being perfect and pleasing everyone all the time is absolutely impossible."

This is fun.

#50 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

I'm fine with this thread as long as you don't complain about Drew. He wouldn't hurt a fly unless they're flying a bi-plane straight at him.