• 77 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

With Goty coming to a close we now know all the duders favorite games of 2014. If your anything like me, that means you were introduced to a whole lot of great games. Or maybe you were on the fence about some game and the Goty discussions pushed you through that trepidation into full on so-hyped-to-get-your-hands-on-it. So what I'm asking is: what games from Goty are you planning on purchasing now?

As a Wii U owner I knew I needed to get Bayonetta 2 at some point, but after hearing all the high praise for it I went out and picked it up today. And I now have a list of games in my notes app residing on my phone, consisting of all the "indie" games-I didn't know about till Goty-that I need to get; with Jazzpunk and The Fall at the top of that list.

So what Goty inspired purchases are you going to make?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I played Uncle Who Works at Nintendo which was an interesting 30 minute thing, but I've either already played or am completely uninterested in the rest of the games that got nominated/won.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I finally got around to buying Wolfenstein and Shovel Knight thanks to GotY and Steam sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainy: Nice, I played about half of Wolfenstein and need to finish it. Shovel Knight is on my list of wants still.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I had most of the stuff on my wishlist anyways, and I bought a bunch of stuff from Steam when it was a daily deal that I was probably going to buy anyway. But specifically, I made sure to play through The Fall and Valiant Hearts before listening to the GotY podcasts, because I heard those were some of the few games with noteworthy stories that got talked about on the podcast.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm going to buy The Fall. The Swapper comparisons make it a must buy for me.

I did purchase This War Of Mine due to Drew's praise.

esoterik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

I played Uncle Who Works at Nintendo which was an interesting 30 minute thing, but I've either already played or am completely uninterested in the rest of the games that got nominated/won.

Hopefully everyone follows your example.

On topic, I purchased South Park and Wolfenstein from the Steam Sale and 80 Days and Hitman Go on iOS, both of which are great. Haven't played the Steam games yet.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I bought Shovel Knight and have played the crap out of it today. I think I've gotten through like 3 hours of it so far. Love it. I think the difficulty is just right. Also picked up Luftrausers. It's...uh...neat. And Ghostbusters. But that's definitely not a GOTY this year...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

So far, I've played Uncle That Works at Nintendo, which was really interesting and bought 80 Days, which I enjoyed a lot as well. I'll probably buy Wolfenstein pretty soon too because from everything I heard that game seems right up my alley.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up Fract.

It is raaaaaaaaaad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Luftrausers is incredible.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I don't think I've been inspired to buy anything. The closest thing to this for me would be Patrick and (especially) Drew upselling NaissancE in a way that makes me really want to finally get around to playing it, even though it's been on my radar for awhile. Good thing it's on sale!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

80 Days

The Fall

Framed

Crypt of the Necrodancer

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Right now, it's only 80 Days, which I'm currently enjoying very much. I do plan on getting The Fall, which is what I said back when Vinny and Alex first Quick Look'd it. Kicking myself for not doing that already and having to hear its ending during the deliberations. Still wanna play it, and it's only the first episode, so I'm looking forward to more story!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well, I went and bought Shovel Knight and Luftrausers. Both are some of the most fun I've had this year. I also plan on picking up Framed and 80 days relatively soon.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I bought The Banner Saga and am currently trying to find a good deal on The Shadow of Mordor for PS4.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I added some things to my steam wishlist but I already bought too many games I knew I wanted. It would be bad to make speculative purchases at this point.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i'm drunk, so i wont buy stuff

lernt my lesson before

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I picked up The Fall after hearing about the final plot twist, if there is more on the way i want to be ready.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

I haven't bought anything yet, but I've been considering Alien Isolation, but I'm still not quite sure.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sinusoidal

I was hoping something this year would convince me to get a new console. Not quite yet. Looks like I'll be continuing to plow through my (large) backlog on the last gen until something comes along that I just can't miss this gen.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already own a lot of the games they talked about and even after hearing them greatly extol said games I feel no desire to play them myself. I didn't enjoy Shadow of Mordor to anywhere near the extent most people seem to have, either. Even though I no longer play it due to it consuming my life in an unhealthy way, TLOU MP at 60 FPS/HD was beyond a doubt the best gaming experience this year for me. Phenomenal game.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

80 days.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#24 fisk0  Moderator

Not a specific one, but I saw about five GOTY lists that included Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition, all saying the disliked the original release of Diablo III, which got me to buy that game on PS3, since I also really disliked the original Diablo III.

I hadn't heard of The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo before, but seeing it on both Jenn Frank's and Zoe Quinn's lists made me really interested in checking that out.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#25  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

Bought, played and finished The Fall before I listened to the Best Story podcast.

I thought the story was good and all, but The Banner Saga got fucking robbed man...

Oh yeah, and I finally bought Wolfenstein the other day.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fattony12000

I already know what games I gotta buy and/or try!

ramprat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Banner Saga is simply amazing..

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I haven't pick up anything yet, but GOTY talk made me what to play Ground Zeroes again, especailly now I have a PS4.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought The Banner Saga because of the podcasts and also because it was on sale on Steam

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I bought Ziggurat because it appeared on people's GOTY lists. First impression indicates that was probably a pretty good call! But, maaaaan, I'm so not used to shooters being this fucking quick anymore. Seems to be a promising game though.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching the Bayonetta 2 first level made me want to get a Wii U and try it out. Not dumping that kind of money for a single game though.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was nice that it coinceded with the Steam sale, I ended up buying:

• The Fall
  • Luftraussers
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Jazzpunk
  • Neverending Nightmares

I'll also get Bayonetta 2 at some point.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

All the mobile stuff was interesting. I bought Hitman Go for a dollar. I still need to go through a lot of people's GOTY lists but there seemed to be some interesting stuff on there.

Ambugaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman Go and Threes were the ones for me. I kinda got tired of mobile games in the middle of last year and had hardly kept up with anything in 2014. Both are great.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By JBG4

I picked up Jazzpunk, Wolfenstein, and Bayonetta 2 because of the GOTY proceedings.

PoorTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By PoorTommy

I'm really looking forward to Omega Boost arriving at my door. I may try playing some of the browser-based games if I have some free time about.

Disemboweler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know everyone's heard about the game itself, but FAR too little attention was paid by GB in general to HOW FREAKING AWESOME Far Cry 4's co-op is. If you've ever liked FPS's, open world games, and/or coop, you should REALLY give it a try with a good friend and a headset. I haven't had so much stupid fun in years. I nearly piss my pants at some awesome/funny/ridiculous thing every time I play it with someone. I've never, ever had so much multiplayer fun, even if it was only with 1 other player.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein and The Banner Saga. Diggin' both so far.

I'll probably pick up Shovel Knight soon and I'm very tempted to get a Wii U (I played some MK8 and Smash over the holidays so that influenced me as well).

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Hitman Go so far, and I love it. I've made notes to pick up others later when they are on sale or what not. But just that one for now. I did also download Hearthstone, and as someone who hates those types of games, I am enjoying it oddly enough.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking up Wolfenstein as soon as I get tired of GTA V and Horizon 2. That may be a while, but I'll get it.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Brake

I bought Luftrausers because of the discussions. I also added The Fall, Wolfenstein and Nuclear Throne to my wishlist.

Edit: Oh, and I also voted to Greenlight Pixel Rift.

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably gonna pick up Endless Legend cuz it's RPS GOTY.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ripelivejam

Fantasy life. Initial impression is it feels a bit on the simple side but i shouldnt be one to talk as i dont finish 90% of games.

Resolmution for 2015: dont buy any games for at least 6 months and finish the stuff i already have dammit.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

Luftrausers - "hey soundtrack is pretty nifty, and game does have cool styl....sorry, sttttttyyyylllle but good lord does it get old quick.

The Fall - in terms of story set up, yeah it's great. As a game? Frustrating and worst parts of adventure game design "now what do I do?"

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the game Drew mentioned repeatedly, starting with "N"? I wanted to check that out but have no idea how to spell it. Neunseance?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido said:

What was the game Drew mentioned repeatedly, starting with "N"? I wanted to check that out but have no idea how to spell it. Neunseance?

NaissanceE

Mao_Yeezy89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloaded Shovel Knight, Jazz Punk, and Luftrausers. Fingers crossed for a bangin time.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#48  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I may pick up Advanced Warfare once it drops to $30 or so. Dunno. Maybe The Fall too.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Blackout62

Does Crossy Road count?