Q4 2012- Nothing coming out this year?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

I keep seeing on every thread how nothing is coming out this year, so I made a list of 30 games coming out in the next few months to try and dispel that notion. If none of the games below interest you, not even a single one, then maybe it's time to go outside and get some sun like the other day dwellers. Feel free to expand on anything I missed (I feel like I forgot some PS3 titles).

Multiplatform

So many damn sequels, but what do you expect? The new IPs will come with the next consoles. For now we are treated to a good variety of shooters and....uhh....shooters. Notable dates include October 9th and October 30th.

NHL 13- September 11

Borderlands 2- September 18

F1 2012- September 18

FIFA 13- September 25

DOA 5- September 25

Resident Evil 6- October 2

Dishonored- October 9

Xcom: Enemy Unknown- October 9

Skylanders Giants- October 21

Medal of Honor: Warfighter- October 23

Assassin's Creed 3- October 30

NFS: Most Wanted- October 30

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2- November 13

Hitman Absolution- November 20

Far Cry 3- December 4

PS3

I'm sure I forgot something, please help me expand this section.

Little Big Planet Karting- November 6

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale- November 20

Xbox 360

A lot of these are kinect games, but that thing sold well so I'm sure some of you folks will buy Fable. On the other hand Microsoft's yearly franchises return in style.

Fable The Journey- October 9

Dance Central 3- October 16

Dragon Ball Z Kinect- October 16 (It's on the list because the quick look will be awesome)

Forza Horizon- October 23

Halo 4- November 6

PC

I though torchlight 2 already came out. The PC has had a lot of strong exclusives this year already, but the year isn't over.

Torchlight 2- September 20

WoW: Mists of Pandaria- September 25

Hawken- December 12

PS Vita

Surprisingly strong lineup for a system that isn't selling very well.

Little Big Planet Vita- September 25

Persona 4 Golden- October 23

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation- October 30

3DS/ DS

Yeah these titles are okay but this system still needs a proper Zelda title, this coming from a guy who doesn't even care about Zelda.

Pokemon Black & White 2- October 7

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask- October 28

Paper Mario Sticker Star- November 11

There is also a rumored release of Walking Dead on disc at the end of the year (from Garry Whitta of the tested podcast) and a retail re-release of Battlefield 3 but I wasn't sure if either should be discussed here. I also didn't add any downloadable titles but again, feel free to elaborate on this list and help make it a good reference for what's actually coming out soon.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By DarthOrange
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I'm very excited for Dishonored. I hope it's as good as it looks.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TyCobb

You have September dates. That is not Q4. Take those out and list looks even more depressing, but more accurate.

asky314159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By asky314159

I think great might be overstating it a little. Still, there are at least 5 games I'm excited to pick up, so I'm not complaining.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder
J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By J12088

Xcom. probably the game I'm most interested in.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By BoG

@J12088 said:

Xcom. probably the game I'm most interested in.

Yeah, XCOM looks good enough to satisfy me for a few months time. I doubt I'll need any other games.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Enigma777

The only games I'mm really looking forward to are Halo 4, AC3 and PS All Stars. Considering the fact that last fall I bought over 10 games during the holiday season, this fall seems pretty tame.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@TyCobb said:

You have September dates. That is not Q4. Take those out and list looks even more depressing, but more accurate.

And September somehow doesn't count as 2012? He never said anything about Q4. Well, except for the title (oops). But still...these are games coming out this year, and they still count as future releases for 2012. So it's kind of an argument of semantics when you tell him he has to take September games out just because he mentioned Q4 in the title.

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom cruise is coming out this year. Also, I hear RE6 is coming out and no one cares.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By BaneFireLord

I am so fucking stoked for Far Cry 3.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Hunter5024

Laying it all out like that kind of puts into perspective how few games there actually are this holiday season. Hopefully I have some fun with Assassins Creed and Pokemon or this year will be a wash. I wish I liked shooters more.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By AndrewB

@BeachThunder said:

You forgot Zero Escape.

This.

And yeah, still looking a little bleak for my gaming preferences, but where there's a lack of games it only means catching up on past releases. I don't think anyone can ever really get ahead with Video Games as one of their hobbies.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Phatmac

Don't forget about XCOM!

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By BlackLagoon

Some more Vita games... There's actually a glut of them coming in October after a relative dearth the last few months:

Also some multiplatforms like Need for Speed: Most Wanted and LEGO Lord of the Rings have Vita versions.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Nubster

I dig the list, but the formatting is a bit strange. Putting same-date games on one line is weird.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Ehh... The only games I saw that interest me is Borderlands 2 and Halo 4. I'd have to see more of DIshonored before I make a judgement with my money. Assassins Creed III might be a potential buy from me, but I just got to play Brotherhood and Revelations before I can even think about AC:III. Damn my gaming OCD regarding series.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By musubi

Dead or Alive 5 is all i need bay-bay!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Dishonored, Xcom, and Doom BFG Edition are what I'm getting this year.

Maybe the new Hitman will be a christmas present, but those four games are all I care about.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Demoskinos said:

Dead or Alive 5 is all i need bay-bay!

It is the only game I am guaranteed to get for the rest of the year. There are a couple I am curious about.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vinny_Says

@TyCobb: ffuuuuuuuck I can never, ever please you people. I swear Ty you're the most jaded person on GB. Your Walter avatar fits so perfectly with your views, except with videogames instead of bowling.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TyCobb

@Vinny_Says: LOL! Thanks. I enjoyed the list and am curious what it starts looking like once more games get added. To my knowledge there aren't that many major releases for PC this holiday season which was why I kind of pointed out the Q4 thing. That removed 2 of the 3 games you had listed.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#24  Edited By MightyDuck
  • NHL 13
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted

I'm excited for all three of these.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zekhariah

At the moment, I am really looking toward the cyberpunk CDproject game and Rayman Legends.

But, I don't really get the dread about there being nothing new (ignoring indie and mobile) in a given week, or no major tripe-A titles in a month. Most games from late 90s onward are reasonably playable (and not offensively ugly), so I'm not sure how one can get to the point of "oh no, there is nothing to play". Unless there is some kind of > 1 month after release no-go rule. I'm expecting to tackle Dragon Age Origins next, and maybe get decent at CS:GO.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By Raven10

That list seems full of games I don't care about. Sorry. Dishonored is the only game on that list I'd buy.

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By marmalade

Well, it seems I won't be going bankrupt any time soon. Only thing that catches my interest on that list is Borderlands (and Persona if I cared enough to buy a Vita). I suppose it's time I made my leave and joined my fellow "day dwellers".

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

well that is a great list.

some games that i want to get are

forza: horizon

resident evil 6

maybe:

black ops 2

halo 4

i don't know if i'm going to get those games. i just kind of feel like black ops 2 is just going to be like modern warfare 3 and black ops. i haven't played modern warfare 3 because i was tired of call of duty games.

halo 4 is probably going to be a rent. i just want to play the single player part for the story. i don't care for online on the xbox 360.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

God out of all those I see like three I want to play. Ah well, wallet could use a break.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By rachelepithet

I had thought Gears Judgement and Last of Us were this year based on how much promo they got.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King

I only got two: Dishonored and maybe Assassin's Creed III. I still have to play Revelations, though.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By flaminghobo

Hitman: Absolution or Borderlands 2 are shaping up to be my main two contenders for 'Game of the Year.' Assasin's Creed III, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, and Dishonoured are other worthy mentions.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThePaleKing

It's been mentioned already, but again, Dishonored. Also XCOM and Xenonauts (I think. The advanced alpha is already out, but the final release is kind of foggy). There's also Natural Selection 2 on the horizon, which is now also available on steam. Kenshi is also out there somewhere, same boat as Xenonauts with the always under development alpha currently available, but it miiiight not make it into 2013. Then for multiplayer there is Planetside 2 and Mechwarrior Online. So yeah, on PC at least there is plenty to look forward to playing before the inevitable end of the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Something about the release date tells me Ibisoft does not have a lot of faith in Far Cry 3.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Hizang

This fall for me is all about Nintendo with there Wii U, a new console and a batch of new games. Aside from that....

• Playstation All Stars.
  • Little Big Planet Karting.
  • Ratchet and Clank: Q Force.
  • Pokemon Black and White 2.
  • Resident Evil 6.
  • Black Ops 2.

That seems like enough games, last year was great but I found too many games were coming out. I remember one week it was like Skyrim, Uncharted 3, MW3, Saints Row, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D Land.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By big_jon

Eh.. Halo 4 is all I will have time for anyways.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By johncallahan

Thank you for this! I've been trying to recall what else is coming out this year so I can plan my money/time accordingly. Big help!

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Hadoken101

Man, I thought I was forgetting things while talking to my friend about what we were looking forward to this fall. Turns out I only want AC3, Borderlands 2, and Hitman Absolution. Maybe Far Cry 3 and Halo 4.

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mooshu

No mention of Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By nightriff

This year has some games but since a lot of big games were delayed to next year this season is pretty weak, especially compared to last year where every week had a game or two that I purchased. The only game I'm getting day one is Dishonored, anything else I'm waiting till it is cheaper.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Man, just call me whenever Fallout 4 or Wasteland 2 are released.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By probablytuna

So pumped for Borderlands 2.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

SEE GUYS? @Vinny_Says: knows how it is. This year has been really awesome, and it'll continue to be awesome! I'm freakin' psyched for Borderlands 2, super thrilled and impatient for Xcom, weirdly intrigued by AC3, excited for Dishonored, pumped for Far Cry 3, stoked for Forza and Halo 4(izon), Hawken was really fun at PAX and the shirt they were giving out is crazy comfy so I owe it to them to buy the game and play it. Hell I'm even excited for a Call of Duty! Oh and I've never really played a Hitman game and I'm hoping this'll be a good one!

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#44  Edited By Little_Socrates

If I needed filler games, there'd be a ton to buy.

But looking at that list for real meat, there's three I'm definitely buying (X-Com, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed) and three I'm interested in buying (Borderlands, Halo, NFS.) I've also got my eyes on three more (Far Cry, Resident Evil, Black Ops.) That's certainly not bad, but I only have faith in those first three. I'd kind of rather have games from last month than any of the others if they don't turn out super-awesome.

I think the reason people are saying "nothing's coming out" is because most of what is exciting is either a near-perennial franchise (Halo, Black Ops, Need For Speed, Assassin's Creed), all of which have burned us in the past, or a niche title (X-Com and Dishonored, though Dishonored probably has more crossover appeal than most people realize.) It's hard to get excited about Far Cry and Resident Evil when the only people who have played it keep yelling "EEEEEEH" at the top of their lungs trying to warn us that shit might not be so awesome, even if those games do look cool.

Still, we're also leaving out the WiiU, and if that thing launches this year with P-100, ZombiU, or Pikmin 3, that would be a huge boon to the season, 'cause I've played those games and they're super-neat. Well, ZombiU could suck in the long run, I guess, but I think that one has some really neat potential.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ares42

Like others have said, there's really only 3-4 games that hasn't come out yet that I'm interested in. While that certainly isn't "nothing", and there might always be a surprise or two, it's pretty dreadful compared to the last few years. I guess it can mostly be attributed to the Wii U launch though, as early 2013 has been getting filled up with major titles.