Quality Android Games?!

Irkjab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Irkjab

I finally got an android device with enough storage space and processing power to install and play some games on it. What are some good games (or apps, whatever) I should check out? I'd rather pay a little up front than have ads and microtransactions shoved in my face. I've been happy with Ridiculous Fishing and Super Hexagon but what are your top picks?

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I just recently picked up Kingdom Rush and have been enjoying that a lot. And this is from someone who doesn't typically like tower defense games.

Also check out Time Surfer (endless runner) and The Room if you haven't already.

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By viney212

I've probably sunk more time into 10000000 than anything else on android. Also Flight Control and Meon.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By lumley

For starters there's Flappy Bird.. I refuse to recommend that game.

• Sonic 1 & 2 ports are pretty good
  • Rayman Fiesta Run
  • Kingdom Rush / Kingdom Rush Frontiers
  • dots
  • Spelltower
  • Punch Quest
  • Hundreds
  • Any Kairosoft game
thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gemini Rue is pretty good if your device is a reasonable size.

The rayman games are pretty good, too!

I really enjoy Jack Lumber.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

What about Magic 2014?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on the size of your device I would suggest Star Command. The guys did a quick look a while back if you want to see what it's all about.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By mikey87144

Uh, as a rule of thumb ask what the best ios games are and see if they have android versions. I can recommend World of Goo, the Kingdom Rush games, Osmosis, Super Hexagon, McPixel, Flick Golf and Golf extreme and Hero Academy.

thellama042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thellama042

I just recently found Pixel Dungeon. It's a pretty fun roguelike for the Android that's still being worked on & updated with new items and such. It's free, though the ROM I installed on my phone has a built-in adblocker that I can't disable, so I can't attest to whether or not it has ads.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not sure what your device is, so I'll just recommend some awesome stuff I see on my device. Be warned that some of these should be played on tablets, as phone screens may be too small.

• The Bard's Tale - This game is pretty fun and hilarious. The touch controls work well for the most part and it looks great.
  • Beat Hazard - If you have lots of music on your device as .mp3 files, you should definitely pick this up. There's also a demo.
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious! - This game is addicting as hell. It even has a burger named after the great Ryan Davis!
  • Dead Trigger/Dead Trigger 2 - A bit heavy on in app purchases, but still great to see what your device is capable of.
  • Faif - This game is apparently still early in development, and as such a lot of features are missing, but it's still a ton of fun. Just hoping for online play.
  • Osmos HD - This game is an absolute delight. One of my favorites.
  • Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run - Both really fun games, and insanely gorgeous too.
  • Most of the Sonic games- Touch controls for Sonic actually work well, and these ports are solid.
  • Super Stickman Golf 2- I don't care for Golf games, but this one is addicting as hell.
  • World of Goo - Loved it. Android version may be the best one.
  • Waking Mars - I think this might be my favorite Android game. Love the story, gameplay, graphics, hell I love everything about it.

I could recommend more, but I think that's more than enough to get started.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

The Room.

Ridiculous Fishing.

Minecraft if you like Minecraft.

Super Hexagon.

Time Surfer.

Hundreds.

samsonbarabbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By samsonbarabbas

Nope.

EDIT: [actually reads thread]...

Nope.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Irkjab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, I'll check these out. I should have mentioned that what I have is a Moto G - a pretty large phone at 4.5" but not exactly tablet-sized.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By viking_funeral

Game Dev Story was literally the only one I finished. Everything else seems like a time killer.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By super2j

Currently playing final fantasy 5, 6 was just released (but buggy), granted I got my copy on sale for 7$ (still kinda pricey for a snes game).

The room was good fun.

just bought total war battles.

honourable mentions: I hear GTA san andreas came out, layton brothers was also interesting. Dead space (this was amazing but also years ago for me). I remember getting aquaria (mermaid game vinny quicklooked). Metal slug 3 and Shadow runs return look cool.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The android Batman: Arkham Origins game is enjoyable/addictive. I found it rather entertaining, and it's free too. My only complaint would have to be that the game becomes too easy once you basically become a power house. Here's some images of the game.

No Caption Provided

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad I found this thread; I was just about to make a similar thread. Bumping in hopes that more suggestions come out of this!

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By egg

@turtlebird95:

don't see sonic as working well personally.

sonic 4 ep 2 seems like the best of the bunch since it has homing attack, sorely needed to make up for the fact you're using touchscreen.

but its so choppy compared to ps3 version so it seems like a waste to play it on android.

sonic dash might be the best sonic android game, easily, as well as the only f2p sonic game. buuut they added a sonic lost world boss fight to it which is really tedious since it happens every single run. sigh

final fantasy 5 and 6 have random encounters, so nobody should buy those.

a good android game BTW is King Oddball. great game and it's free. get it get it get it

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Super Hexagon, Cytus and Tetris are my timewasters of choice.