Question about 360 Controller

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

So I recently bought a wireless 360 controller with a wireless receiver for PC. It's been working great so far, and I want to get another for Street Fighter IV (and other games). Does anyone know if you can just use a wireless Xbox 360 controller or is there a PC version of it?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You have to use a wired Xbox 360 USB controller for the PC, I believe.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Eelcire

According to the Microsoft product page, the 360 wireless controller will work for both the 360 and PCs (as long as you have the receiver, which you do). So you should be able to get just a regular wireless controller to use with your receiver. I do not have a wireless receiver on my PC, so I cannot verify it (I use a wired controller on my PC).

MrMuise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrMuise

As long as you have the wireless receiver all wireless xbox 360 products will connect, including the wireless headset and guitars.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r

from:  http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/using-a-gamepad-with-your-pc/581555 

- XBOX 360 Controller -

Purchase the controller:
1. The wired XBOX 360 controller will work with your PC through any USB port.
2. You can also use the black or White wireless XBOX 360 controllers with your PC, but you will need to also buy the Wireless Game Receiver, which connects to any USB port.

Download the Driver:
1. For both the wired and wireless XBOX 360 controllers you will need to download the XBOX 360 Accessories software for Windows.

Warnings and notes:
1. You can not use the Plug-and-Play Charger kit cable to connect a wireless controller to your PC. It will charge but it wont transmit a signal.
2. The wireless XBOX 360 controller can use 2 AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack.
3. The Wireless Gaming Receiver can synchronize up to 4 XBOX 360 controllers with your PC. 

peewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By peewi

Any wireless 360 controller should work with the receiver. There is no difference between the ones branded as being for Windows and the regular 360 ones other than packaging (and whether it comes it a receiver if its a wireless one).
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By Geno

Thanks for the answers guys.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By delta_ass

Shouldn't the wireless controller be able to wirelessly receive electricity? Then you wouldn't need the batteries.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Delta_Ass said:
" Shouldn't the wireless controller be able to wirelessly receive electricity? Then you wouldn't need the batteries. "
While wireless electricity is possible, the technology is no where near advanced enough to apply it to complex modern technology,