#1 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6355 posts) -

Has anyone ever bought used games from Gamefly, and if so, are they in pretty decent condition?  They have Bioshock 2 on sale used for $21 there today.  I'm tempted, but I hate buying used games.
#2 Posted by Garden_Ninja (97 posts) -
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I've bought several games from Gamefly, and they've always been in good condition.  Are you a GF member? If you are then you can rent it, and if it is in good condition and you like it, you could use the Keep It option.  You keep the same disc, and they will mail you the case and manual.
#3 Posted by russdog (52 posts) -

I have purchased 4 used games from gamefly and they have all been in very good condition.

#4 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I share the above thoughts. The cases usually haven't been abused and the discs always look decent. Plus you don't get those nasty used game stickers that Gamestop puts on everything.

#5 Edited by PenguinDust (12604 posts) -

I picked up Burnout Paradise, R&C Tools of Destruction and Persona 3 FES from Gamefly.  I knew the disc was in good condition because I was renting it at the time.  The box arrived in excellent condition 2 days later with all the manuals and added paperwork inside.  The boxes are never handled since only the discs are distributed via the rentals so they are like-new. I've never bought a game from them that I wasn't renting, but I've also never received a broken game either.  My experiences are very positive with their for-purchase feature. 

#6 Posted by Garden_Ninja (97 posts) -
@Godzilla_Sushi said:
" I share the above thoughts. The cases usually haven't been abused and the discs always look decent. Plus you don't get those nasty used game stickers that Gamestop puts on everything. "
I hate those.  They put them on the insert, not the case, so you usually can't remove them without damaging the insert. I prefer not to buy used from GameStop unless the game is ridiculously cheap, or hard to find elsewhere.

@Sparky_Buzzsaw:
I should add, I did have one problem. When I rented The Wheelman the disc was unplayable. I reported the problem and they sent a replacement, which didn't arrive for two weeks, so I reported that problem and got another replacement, which showed up the same day as the first replacement.  However, besides that one issue, I have had no problems with either disc condition or mailing time.
#7 Posted by nonja121 (9 posts) -

I purchased Dead Space and another game (can't remember which ATM) from them when I was a member.  As everyone's saying, the discs are usually in really good condition (and pretty much always functional) as are the game boxes and manuals.

If you're unsure about the quality, rent Bioshock 2 from them and then choose "Keep Game" if you like the quality of the disc they sent you, since that's what you just purchased.  Nothing like actually trying the product before you purchase :D

#8 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6355 posts) -
@Garden_Ninja:
I'm not one of their customers, so that's not an option at the moment.  But thanks for the advice! 

And that goes for everyone, by the way.  The details you've provided really are useful.
#9 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

I bought Banjo from them, and the game looked perfect.

#10 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

I bought Condemned. Perfect.