Question about paypal membership and paying from EU.

heckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys!

So, I sent this into support as well, but I thought I might as well give it a shot, and ask here. So, I'm interested in becoming a yearly member, but I had a few questions regarding the whole process.

First, the 35 dollar, no t-shirt option, is that a temporary thing? I don't remember seeing it while I checked a while back.

I also don't have that much money, and don't have access to a credit card. That means that I'll have to transfer my money over to a paypal account that doesn't have a credit card attached to it.

Will I be able to pay the paypal membership with a paypal account that doesn't have a credit card attached to it?

Also, will I be able to transfer an amount in Euro (30-ish euro), and simply pay to Dollar amount (35 dollars), or are there some hoops I'll have to jump through?

Sorry for the hassle you guys, but again, I don't have too much money on hand at the moment, and I don't really want to screw this up.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

The sale will end in a couple of weeks or sooner. It's only temporary.

You just need a paypal account with the amount needed on it. You don't need a credit card attached to it. You will pay $35 and paypal will take that from the account balance at their own converted rate. On some paypal checkouts it shows the conversion rate and the local currency but I don't know about giant bomb.

Edit: To be safe, make sure the account has the correct balance before going to purchase as a transfer may take time.

Also note that paypal memberships are activated manually, so if you buy one after Unprofessional Fridays Rorie probably wont be able to activate your membership until monday.