Question About PC System Requirements

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

How do devs arrive at the system specs for their games? Specifically are they inferring you want to run it at 1080p at 60 fps?

The reason I ask is I bought DmC, even though it was way off from my specs (I have a Gt 330m with 1 gb of VRAM). And it runs FANTASTIC with my laptops native resolution, at the highest settings.

I'm also asking because I'd much rather play bioshock infinite on pc, but its, apparently, way out of my pc's league. But the system requirements are fairly similar to DmC's, and you all know how well that game works for me

Also, I'm typing this on my phone, so sorry in advance for it being poorly written

Edit: My system specs

i7-740QM 1.73 GHZ

Nvidia Geforce GT 330m; 1 gb VRAM

4 gigs of ram

Resolution: 1366x768

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

System specs are kind of bullshit and are generally far off the mark. Far Cry 3 has higher specs listed than my machine but I can still play it maxed out on ultra at 1920x1080 with 60 frames.

BioShock Infinite uses UE3 (well a modified version) so if DmC runs decent (it uses UE3) you'll probably be okay.

If any game is also out on PS3 and 360 chances are it'll run fine on pretty low-mid end PC hardware, unless they don't optimise it well / it's a bad port.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@sooty: I guess I should probably wait for some youtube videos showing it running on my graphics card.....

Sigh..... I really wanted some nice pre-order bonus'