#1 Edited by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

I'll admit, it's been a long time since I signed up to the site, so maybe my memory is pretty hazy, but isn't the default alignment Neutral, therefore giving people a grey username in the forums? Do these spam things all really sign up, align themselves with Microsoft and then post useless trash?

I've never really understood the alignment thing, I read once that it was a sort of hold over from Comicvine's format that involved sidekick and nemesis points(?) over there, (I read one line like this once, years ago, so I could be very mistaken.) But I'm sure the default isn't Microsoft, is it?

(I was kind of sleep deprived a few hours ago when I noticed this, and it's been bugging me since I woke up. I posted this in GD instead of OT because it's sort of a question about the site.)

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#3 Posted by Empirepaintball (1397 posts) -

How do you know it was a spambot? Why can't about fifty duders just be so excited about the Leeds United game that they had to tell the world?

#4 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

@Empirepaintball said:

How do you know it was a spambot? Why can't about fifty duders just be so excited about the Leeds United game that they had to tell the world?

Oh come on. No-one gets excited about Leeds United games.

#5 Posted by Iodine (551 posts) -

Maybe dudes just really love online streams of boxing and HATE the english language

#6 Posted by Empirepaintball (1397 posts) -

@DizzyMedal said:

@Empirepaintball said:

Word.

#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

Actually the default alignment on signup is Microsoft, so the spambots aren't changing their alignments.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

No. Despite what you might expect, the default alignment is Microsoft.

#10 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten said:

It must default to Microsoft for some reason, maybe it's a bug

I guess. I just thought it was very odd.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Gamer_152

Actually the default alignment on signup is Microsoft, so the spambots aren't changing their alignments.

Shit just got less real, then.
#13 Posted by CaLe (4039 posts) -

Will the new site design have any impact on their ability to sign up and spam the forums?

#14 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

Really? I guess at some point I must have picked an alignment then, but I honestly don't remember doing so. Thanks.

#15 Edited by Akyho (1692 posts) -

@DizzyMedal said:

@Empirepaintball said:

I beg to differ.

Ok maybe you are right. She dosnt sing at all about a game with Leeds United.

#16 Posted by RecSpec (3908 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:

Oh collusion! 
#17 Posted by L44 (571 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Will the new site design have any impact on their ability to sign up and spam the forums?

#18 Posted by BisonHero (6813 posts) -
@RecSpec
@Gamer_152 said:

Oh collusion! 
This can't happen!