#1 Posted by SavageManLove (90 posts) -

I should probably post this in another area so forgive me but.

Basically I want to know if I can do something like this:

I work in a library and we want to have a couple of Xboxs that teens/kids/whatever can play on but not be able to do certain things. We want to just put some digital games on there (only up to a T rating) and allow anyone to be able to sit down and play them but we don't want them to be able to access the XBLA store and buy anything, we'll be doing that through points cards and stuff and providing the content.

The answer I'm assuming is yes but I've never delved too much into parental controls on an Xbox before :(

#2 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -
#3 Posted by SavageManLove (90 posts) -

Now do I have to create a separate account on the Xbox to put these "permissions" on or can I just set it on the "master" account and perhaps just log in with a password when we want to go buy a game here and there?

#4 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

I am currently checking the Xbox 360 family content (found on settings), it seems universal. But if you ever want to buy digital content on occassion, you can enable and disable with ease.

#5 Edited by SavageManLove (90 posts) -

Thanks. It would just be A LOT easier to have one account per xbox to be able to buy stuff and t hen lock away certain features for public use rather than bothering with multiple accounts blah blah etc.

#6 Posted by SavageManLove (90 posts) -

Oh and does the family content settings lets you block access to buying stuff Phantomnaut or is it a blanket sort of no access to LIVE at all? I'm still debating whether we want the little kiddies to be able to play on LIVE at all. If they can we would probably want to turn off all voice chat and stuff but may not even bother. The whole point will be to have a digital collection of games on the console and not bother with discs. Stuff like Minecraft and some other crap.

#7 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Oh and does the family content settings lets you block access to buying stuff Phantomnaut or is it a blanket sort of no access to LIVE at all? I'm still debating whether we want the little kiddies to be able to play on LIVE at all. If they can we would probably want to turn off all voice chat and stuff but may not even bother. The whole point will be to have a digital collection of games on the console and not bother with discs. Stuff like Minecraft and some other crap.

Did you even click the link above?

Yes you can restrict purchases.

#8 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

If it was the PS3, that issue would be null. The user system on 360 seems to be based on individual accounts so games will be locked to a specific account IIRC. The XBL Family Pack doesn't help either unfortunately.

#9 Edited by SavageManLove (90 posts) -

@jdh5153: Sorry I read your post my confusion still is whether or not I can restrict purchases on a master/main/adult account and then just temporarily reenable that for when we want to make purchases. It seems like if there's a "child" account on the console you can make such restrictions but I'd rather have just one account per console to deal with.

#10 Posted by SavageManLove (90 posts) -

One more question bros, can multiple accounts on the same xbox access the same xbla game? So if I buy a game on a parent account, will the child account (on the same console) be able to access and play the game?