Questions about Mass Effect 3 Ending * SPOILERS*

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I just beat mass effect 3. I chose to destroy the reaper and all synthetics. I had a 4300 something EMS rating so I got the ending where they show shephard takes a deep breath at the end. I have a million questions so please bear with me

1. What is shephard's location when they show him take that deep breath?

2. Is there any mass effect media that suggests Liara ever sees Shephard again?

3. I don't know how much of the ending was part of the extended cut, but I would like to know why people were so bummed out with the endings. I loved them.

4. My understanding of that ending is that Shephard lives, all his organic crew mates live, all synthetics including geth, and edi are destroyed, the mass relays are destroyed which means no travel between galaxies. Is all of that right?

5. What happened to Miranda, Jacob, Samara etc, so they just go about their business?

6. What is Shephard's fate after taking that deep breath? is he found and rescued? does he wander around and then die?

7. Is the Child VI dead?

8. was the 4300 something EMS enough to get the best ending? some sites say 5000 is necessary and some say 4000+ is enough. I had a high reputation if that matters.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

1 no one knows

2 aside from fan fic nope

3 go look up th original ending

4 there are multiple endings. In mine all life fuses and everyon lives

5 No one knows

6 no one knows

7 depending on which ending you get the answer is different

The "best" ending is the one where you fuse all life.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By themangalist

Wait... so did you play the extended cuts?

The only question i can say for sure is that the mass relays are not "destroyed" but damaged. The explosion in the original cut was tuned down because it would destroy entire galaxies. I'm pretty sure the developers forgot that established fiction, what they really wanted to convey is that the the mass relays are no longer useable and would need serious repairing.

I liked the original endings more actually. A lot more room for imagination, which I don't mind doing.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Benny

Didn't you play the side missions involving Jacob, Miranda, Samara, Jack etc? Miranda dies after the fight with her father. That may even have been a main storyline mission.

The reason people hated the endings was because of how fucking contrived they were and how they ultimately mean your journey throughout the series had no bearing on the final choice. There originally wasn't dialogue with the VI at the end and no explanation of what it was or where it was from.

The idea of a 'best' ending really rubs me the wrong way cause I feel the synthesis ending is just ultimately so unsatisfying, but it's the one that requires the most EMS score to be able to choose.

The EMS mainly determines who dies during the final battle, you can see a breakdown here http://uk.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

Oh and the scene you saw with shepard still breathing is the only one in which he survives, and its the destruction ending with 4000 EMS plus.

Edit: I Don't think it's made clear where shepard is but I'd guess the ruins of the citadel.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Benny

Didn't you play the side missions involving Jacob, Miranda, Samara, Jack etc? Miranda dies after the fight with her father. That may even have been a main storyline mission.

The reason people hated the endings was because of how fucking contrived they were and how they ultimately mean your journey throughout the series had no bearing on the final choice. There originally wasn't dialogue with the VI at the end and no explanation of what it was or where it was from.

The idea of a 'best' ending really rubs me the wrong way cause I feel the synthesis ending is just ultimately so unsatisfying, but it's the one that requires the most EMS score to be able to choose.

The EMS mainly determines who dies during the final battle, you can see a breakdown here http://uk.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

Oh and the scene you saw with shepard still breathing is the only one in which he survives, and its the destruction ending with 4000 EMS plus.

I think there is a way for Miranda to live.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yeh Miranda lived in my game after killing her father. If you warn her about Kai Leng, then she lives.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Benny

@GlutenBob: @The_Laughing_Man: Yeah you're right, I didn't romance her so I didn't get the option I guess. I definitely warned her about Kai Leng and gave her the resources and shit.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dragon4234

@Benny: It's got nothing to do with romancing her. Probably something to do with her loyalty mission.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Dragon4234

@Benny: It's got nothing to do with romancing her. Probably something to do with her loyalty mission.

Ya she has to be loyal

But to OP go watch the original endings.