Quick and cheap thrills?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I just restarted my gamefly account, for some reason they gave me the new user discount so for the first month I got 2 games, then I'll change it to 1 game if I keep it.  But I plan to buy games that I want to enjoy, like AC2 or or other games like that.  High quality games one might say.

I'm wondering what games out there are quick single player playthroughs, and not "terrible" games. Points aren't a bad edition as well.  I was thinking of maybe Wet and ODST.  If worst come to worst and I run out of these types of games, I may resort to point boosters. My friend is letting me borrow Avatar tomorrow so thats a good start. 

I'm just looking for some games that I've seen but dont want to throw down money for. $16 a month for 3-5 of these games sounds like a good deal to me.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Stranglehold, Jericho, Mirror's Edge, Wanted: Weapons of Fate would be among my top short action/shooter game picks.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Dead Space is short and single player!

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By bed

the Call of Duty has great, exciting, but short single player games, which are worth your time.  
if you're itching for a more supernatural shooter, Wolfenstein is a spectacular experience that doesn't last that long, but it's a bit lengthy considering what i believe you're aiming for.  

Fighting Games have great single player experiences, too, along with fantastic multi player. Dead or Alive 4 and Street Fighter IV are good examples of this.  

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but they're great games.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrOldboy
@Bigandtasty: maybe Wanted, I played the rest of those already.

Maybe I should clarify the length of the game. I'd say 8-10 hours max. I would like to get through them in under 3-4 days to get the most out of the gamefly account. 

Maybe Ghostbusters...
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

A bottle of whiskey and a hooker.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By emkeighcameron
@TooWalrus said:
" Dead Space is short and single player! "
Not short the way I played it.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" 

*spray plasma at everything and run away backwards screaming*

*come back into same room 5 minutes later*

"Is it gone?"

*die horribly*
MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrOldboy
@MysteriousBob: that is not cheap at all if I want a not "terrible" hooker.

Most of the games mentioned I've played or owned at one time. Wolfenstein's demo was interesting, might think of this.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I was mislead by the title :( 

Back on topic, Crackdown looked good. And also inFamous.
Godlovesugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Godlovesugly

I just picked up legends of wrestlemania for £5, doesn't seem long at all and all the trophies/whatever are easy 
 http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/03/29/trophy-guide-wwe-legends-of-wrestlemania/
The game isn't bad either, it's not bloated and complicated like the SvR shite, there's a million other better games out there though no denying.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrOldboy
@ADTR_ZERO: I cant imagine finishing inFamous in under 12 hours?

The list I have so far of games I will try and rent are:

ODST
Wanted
Wet
Ghostbusters
X-men: Wolverine
Wolfenstein
UFC Undisputed <-- I know its a sports game so probably not short, but I've been tempted to pick it up but I dont want to fork over $20 or so for it.
Dead Rising <-- heard its only 6 hours due to the in game clock or 2hrs=1day
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Terminator Salvation

After these, probably point boosters.

With my last final tomorrow, and the gf busy getting ready for nursing school I plan on sitting at home and just enjoying my time. Too bad the mailman doesn't pick up outgoing mail anymore, bitch, so I gotta drive to the mailbox.
Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Ubiquitous

You should just rent any shooter you see, you can beat almost any of them in a day. Then again most people have lives, unlike me.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrOldboy

I decided to start off with ODST and UFC. Both are available now.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@MrOldboy said:
"@ADTR_ZERO: I cant imagine finishing inFamous in under 12 hours?  The list I have so far of games I will try and rent are:  ODST Wanted Wet Ghostbusters X-men: Wolverine Wolfenstein UFC Undisputed <-- I know its a sports game so probably not short, but I've been tempted to pick it up but I dont want to fork over $20 or so for it. Dead Rising <-- heard its only 6 hours due to the in game clock or 2hrs=1day 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand Terminator Salvation  After these, probably point boosters.  With my last final tomorrow, and the gf busy getting ready for nursing school I plan on sitting at home and just enjoying my time. Too bad the mailman doesn't pick up outgoing mail anymore, bitch, so I gotta drive to the mailbox. "

Well you probably could finish it on one time (which you wouldn't want to do because you would want to play through as good and evil.)
 But you would have to rush through.  

I didn't know there was a 12 hour limit.