#1 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

I played a bit of this game. It was nuts. 

Therefore I vote Endurance Run instead.

#3 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -

Come on, lets show the Giant Bombers we want this, .... ,   endurance run perhaps!!!
#4 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
"I played a bit of this game. It was nuts.  Therefore I vote Endurance Run instead. "

Yea, yea, yes!!!!!!!!
#5 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

Th 1upshow did a decent length feature on it way back when - the archives should still be up.

#6 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@alternate said:
"Th 1upshow did a decent length feature on it way back when - the archives should still be up."

I remember watching that, I just what to see it  here, I think it will be funny!!!
#7 Posted by CocoRodriguez--defunct (73 posts) -

Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden made me believe in the goodness in people.

#8 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I played it for about five minutes. Its pretty crap.

#9 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
"I played it for about five minutes. Its pretty crap. "

Thats What makes it awesome!!!
#10 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Jeff loves parody games that are crappy on purpose.

#11 Posted by CocoRodriguez--defunct (73 posts) -

Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden is the single best freeware game you could ever play.

#12 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -

Are video games art??  Hellz yea.. lol!!!   
#13 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -
@CocoRodriguez said:
" Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden is the single best game you could ever play. "
Fixed it. Game is awesome and well written but not sure if that would come across well in a Quick Look. The Otaku Game pump is still absolutely hilarious because fuck otakus.
#14 Posted by Jumanji (447 posts) -

A very original and internally coherent game. I don't think it would make sense as a QL or an ER however... just not enough visual richness/weirdness a la P4 or DP...

#15 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Best game of all time, people.

#16 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Let's add this to the list of games people want the staff to play and never will.

#17 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Funny to some but@Axxol said:

" Let's add this to the list of games people want the staff to play and never will. "
Exactly! The game may be bad/good or fun to some. The staff may not share the same sentiments. 
#18 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I just love the game for creating absurd terminology like B-ballnacht.

#19 Posted by Milkman (17327 posts) -

The game is over 2 years old. Where's the precedent here? 

Besides, Jeff already looked at the game back when he was at GameSpot. He played it during an episode of On the Spot.

#20 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@Milkman said:
"The game is over 2 years old. Where's the precedent here?  Besides, Jeff already looked at the game back when he was at GameSpot. He played it during an episode of On the Spot. "

Your right.. bot a lot of people never saw that, beside, this is GiantBomb now, it will be better!!
#21 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@peligroy2k said:
" @Milkman said:
"The game is over 2 years old. Where's the precedent here?  Besides, Jeff already looked at the game back when he was at GameSpot. He played it during an episode of On the Spot. "
Your right.. bot a lot of people never saw that, beside, this is GiantBomb now, it will be better!! "
No it won't.
#22 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
" @peligroy2k said:
" @Milkman said:
Your right.. bot a lot of people never saw that, beside, this is GiantBomb now, it will be better!! "
No it won't. "

Ok, OK!!
#23 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" The game is over 2 years old. Where's the precedent here?  Besides, Jeff already looked at the game back when he was at GameSpot. He played it during an episode of On the Spot. "
Incredible Crisis Quick Look, anyone?
#24 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Why would they make a quicklook out of some retarded shit? The humor in that is about as funny as a fart joke anyway.

#25 Posted by CookieMonster (2448 posts) -

I don't think the staff do requests?

#26 Posted by Gaff (1888 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @Milkman said:
" The game is over 2 years old. Where's the precedent here?  Besides, Jeff already looked at the game back when he was at GameSpot. He played it during an episode of On the Spot. "
Incredible Crisis Quick Look, anyone? "
Well, not everyone was old enough to experience a 10 year old game when it was released, I guess?
#27 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@CookieMonster said:
" I don't think the staff do requests? "
Deadly Premonition got a few dozen request threads before they ended up doing it. Not to say there's a direct correlation, but people who insist these threads disincentivise doing quick looks are just wrong.
#28 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
#29 Posted by Gaff (1888 posts) -
@ryanwho: Deadly Premonition had a legitimate grass-roots buzz on the internet when the crew went on their second Endurance Run. Persona 4 was, as they said in the Behind The Scenes episode, something they both wanted to play but didn't have the time for it. 

Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden? Isn't this the first thread and wasn't the buzz about 2 years old now?
#30 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Gaff: Yeah. No they won't waste time on this game. Im just talking in general about threads like this.
#31 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@Gaff said:
" @ryanwho: Deadly Premonition had a legitimate grass-roots buzz on the internet when the crew went on their second Endurance Run. Persona 4 was, as they said in the Behind The Scenes episode, something they both wanted to play but didn't have the time for it.  Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden? Isn't this the first thread and wasn't the buzz about 2 years old now? "

I just want to here them talking about it in a QL, it will be funny, I think
#32 Posted by Gaff (1888 posts) -
@peligroy2k: Too be fair, I think the guys will be quite busy this coming holiday season. You know, the usual rush of high profile releases, such as Black Ops, Rock Band 3? But I'm sure that when things start quieting down, they might have a look at it eventually. Just be patient and know that they'll keep it in the back of their heads.
#33 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

In any case, any game with that number of Space Jam references can not be anything but pure genius.

#34 Edited by CocoRodriguez--defunct (73 posts) -
@Detrian said:

" Why would they make a quicklook out of some retarded shit? The humor in that is about as funny as a fart joke anyway. "

This is the most factually wrong sentence ever said. 

Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden made me believe in God.
#35 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@ryanwho said:

" @CookieMonster said:

Deadly Premonition got a few dozen request threads before they ended up doing it. Not to say there's a direct correlation, but people who insist these threads disincentivise doing quick looks are just wrong. "
Remember that survey theyt did a month before the DP ER started? The one where they asked what the fans of the site wanted to see.

I m pretty damn sure the results of that survey triggered the DP ER. I know I wrote "new endurance run" in that checkbox.
#36 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -

Im gonna eat this donut  in the meantime!!!
#37 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @ryanwho said:

" @CookieMonster said:

Deadly Premonition got a few dozen request threads before they ended up doing it. Not to say there's a direct correlation, but people who insist these threads disincentivise doing quick looks are just wrong. "
Remember that survey theyt did a month before the DP ER started? The one where they asked what the fans of the site wanted to see.  I m pretty damn sure the results of that survey triggered the DP ER. I know I wrote "new endurance run" in that checkbox. "
You could be right, but I think it was on the special Whiskey Subscription Bombcast that Jeff admitted to the uselessness of that survey. It was still fun to fill out though.  :P
#38 Posted by Krystal_Sackful (810 posts) -

I've played this game several times, and I can say it is perfect, *PERFECT* endurance run material.